- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Rossi scores as Italy ties Nigeria 2-2 Updated: Nov-18-13 7:09 pm
- Rossi scores in Italy's 2-2 draw with Nigeria Updated: Nov-18-13 5:32 pm
- Nigeria 1st African team to qualify for World Cup Updated: Nov-16-13 5:35 pm
- Nigeria, Ivory Coast qualify for World Cup Updated: Nov-16-13 5:32 pm
- Parolo and Criscito in Italy squad for friendlies Updated: Nov-10-13 4:45 pm
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
LONDON - Born just a day apart in the United States, two strikers were celebrating scoring in an international friendly on Monday night.
LONDON - Giuseppe Rossi put his injury troubles behind him by scoring on his first Italy start in two years in a lively 2-2 draw with Nigeria on Monday.
CALABAR, Nigeria - Nigeria qualified for the World Cup on Saturday, continuing an outstanding year for the African champion after it claimed the continental title for the first time in nearly two decades.
Nigeria and Ivory Coast have qualified for the World Cup.