- Trump at top of ticket is wild card in Indiana Senate race Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The race to be Indiana's next U.S. senator would appear to be Rep. Todd Young's to lose after his resounding victory in the Republican primary Tuesday, but the outcome of his faceoff with Democrat Baron Hill in November is no forgone conclusion.
- Wealthy newcomer grabs US House nod; Young wins for Senate Updated: May-04-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A wealthy political newcomer and a state senator won the Republican primaries for Indiana's two open congressional seats on Tuesday as businessman Donald Trump scored a big victory in the presidential race and Rep. Todd Young captured the GOP's Senate nomination.
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Indiana authorities to crack down on seat belt violations Updated: May-02-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police are warning motorists that law enforcement agencies throughout the state will be cracking down on people who don't use seat belts.
- Senate candidate paid relative $170K for past campaign work Updated: Apr-30-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana Senate candidate who has railed against out-of-control government spending paid his brother-in-law nearly $170,000 to manage the finances of his congressional campaign. The relative worked as a car salesman and actor but had no experience rounding up political donations.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.
- Justice Dickson hailed for his civility, grace at retirement Updated: Apr-29-16 5:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Supreme Court Justice Brent Dickson ended his long tenure on the state's high court Friday with a retirement ceremony filled with praise from the court's other justices for his civility, grace and a legacy of nearly 900 legal opinions.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- Stutzman, Young near end of biting GOP Senate campaign Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The farmer versus the U.S. Marine - those are the wholesome self-portraits the two candidates seeking Indiana's Republican nomination for U.S. Senate have tried their best to paint for voters ahead of Tuesday's primary election.
- Gov. Pence endorses Cruz in Indiana's GOP primary Tuesday Updated: Apr-29-16 12:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is endorsing Ted Cruz in the state's critical Republican primary.
- Indiana man trying again to get murder conviction overturned Updated: Apr-27-16 2:10 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - A northwest Indiana man is trying again to have his conviction overturned in the shooting death of his ex-girlfriend.
- Walker may join Cruz on Indiana campaign trail Updated: Apr-25-16 10:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker says he may join Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz on the campaign trail in Indiana.
- Kasich campaign to give Cruz 'clear path' in Indiana Updated: Apr-25-16 2:18 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is backing out of campaigning in Indiana ahead of the state's primary next week as part of a collaborative strategy with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to deprive Donald Trump the delegates needed to win the Republican nomination.
- Latest: Kasich campaign to give Cruz 'clear path' in Indiana Updated: Apr-25-16 12:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the campaigning in Indiana ahead of the state's May 3 primary election (all times local):
- Indiana lawmaker defends taking family on California trip Updated: Apr-21-16 9:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - U.S. Rep. Marlin Stutzman on Thursday defended his decision to have his Senate campaign pay more than $2,000 for a six-day trip to California last summer that his wife described on social media as a family vacation.
- Cruz starts Indiana visit with stop at Indianapolis deli Updated: Apr-21-16 6:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz started his first Indiana campaign swing with a stop at a popular downtown Indianapolis deli.
- Christie returns home from meeting with Trump in Indiana Updated: Apr-20-16 8:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he went to Indianapolis to introduce Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump to Gov. Mike Pence.
- Protesters target both Trump, Pence in Indianapolis Updated: Apr-20-16 3:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A small crowd of protesters outside Donald Trump's Indianapolis campaign rally are targeting both the Republican presidential front-runner and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
- Christie joins Trump for private meeting with Pence Updated: Apr-20-16 2:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie joined Donald Trump for the Republican presidential frontrunner's visit with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
- Court rules Indiana lawmakers can keep emails private Updated: Apr-19-16 5:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers can continue withholding their correspondence with lobbying groups and businesses from the public under a ruling Tuesday by the state Supreme Court.
- Number of early Indiana voters twice that of 2012 election Updated: Apr-19-16 4:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - With record early-voting numbers already reached, Indiana election officials don't expect the momentum to let up ahead of the state's May 3 primary election.
- Motorist dies in crash with Indiana highway dump truck Updated: Apr-19-16 2:45 pm
VINCENNES, Indiana - Police have identified a Vincennes man who was killed when his car collided with an Indiana Department of Transportation dump truck.
- Muncie cops asks outside agency to assist in shooting probe Updated: Apr-19-16 1:31 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Muncie's police chief has asked Indiana State Police to assist in investigating a fatal shooting involving a police officer.
- Coroner: Woman found in southern Indiana lake drowned Updated: Apr-18-16 3:36 pm
NORTH VERNON, Indiana - A coroner says accidental drowning killed a 49-year-old southern Indiana woman whose body was found in a private lake.