- Gay married couples could pay more for tax filings Updated: Mar-10-14 7:16 pm
- Tough issues still in hopper for Indiana lawmakers Updated: Mar-10-14 6:50 pm
- Lawmakers negotiating Ind. child care regulations Updated: Mar-10-14 6:10 pm
- Indiana road funding bill nears final vote Updated: Mar-10-14 6:09 pm
- Legislative studies often precede tough action Updated: Mar-09-14 6:35 pm
- 4 couples sue Indiana over same-sex marriage ban Updated: Mar-07-14 8:22 pm
- Tax collection woes raise concern among leaders Updated: Mar-07-14 6:02 pm
- Drug court participants could face prison time Updated: Mar-07-14 2:31 pm
- Zoeller will defend Ind. marriage law against suit Updated: Mar-07-14 2:16 pm
- Ind. senator in spotlight at annual CPAC meeting Updated: Mar-07-14 7:39 am
- Bill for welfare drug testing in negotiation Updated: Mar-06-14 7:01 pm
- Indiana flood victims hesitant to relocate Updated: Mar-06-14 11:52 am
- Indiana lawmakers approve police education bill Updated: Mar-06-14 6:55 am
- Contaminated Skittles sold at Indiana store Updated: Mar-05-14 9:40 pm
- Advocates against cut to energy-efficiency program Updated: Mar-05-14 6:41 pm
- Kittle: Gay marriage talks misstated by Bosma Updated: Mar-05-14 5:39 pm
- Feral cat control program approved in Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:38 pm
- 2nd Indiana trooper this week injured in crash Updated: Mar-05-14 3:56 pm
- Indiana Senate passes bill to restrict drone use Updated: Mar-04-14 8:11 pm
- Business tax cuts enter House, Senate negotiations Updated: Mar-04-14 1:37 pm
- Indiana picks 4 teams to bid for Illiana highway Updated: Mar-03-14 7:38 pm
- Indiana House OKs bill letting guns in school lots Updated: Mar-03-14 7:16 pm
- Police, FBI investigate mayor's campaign spending Updated: Mar-03-14 3:02 pm
- Indiana trooper injured on I-65 out of hospital Updated: Mar-03-14 2:51 pm
- SE Indiana Olympian Goepper honored by lawmakers Updated: Mar-03-14 2:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Conflicting state and federal policies will likely cost Indiana same-sex couples more when they file their tax returns this year, experts say.
INDIANAPOLIS - A shutdown of the state's energy efficiency program was sent to the governor's desk Monday, but lawmakers were still mulling over other tough issues, including the proposed relaxing of gun regulations, as they entered the final week of their 2014 session.
INDIANAPOLIS - State lawmakers opened the week pondering whether day care providers should face greater child health and safety regulations if they take taxpayer money.
INDIANAPOLIS - House and Senate lawmakers are still deciding whether to release $200 million for road expansion projects.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers have only a few more days this week before they wrap up the 2014 legislative session. But that doesn't mean they're totally done for the year.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Four gay couples from southern Indiana sued the state Friday, seeking to force Indiana to recognize same-sex marriages from out of state and issue licenses to same-sex couples.
INDIANAPOLIS - A steady decline in tax collections is raising concerns among Indiana budget leaders about the overall fiscal health of the state.
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - The state Supreme Court's suspension of a troubled southern Indiana drug court has left more than 70 participants in its treatment program facing the possibility of having to serve out the rest of their original sentences in prison.
INDIANAPOLIS - Attorney General Greg Zoeller (ZEL'-ur) says he is ready to defend the state's marriage laws against a federal challenge filed by four gay couples.
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana state senator is getting attention from an annual gathering of the nation's conservative leaders.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two Indiana lawmakers trying to pass a bill requiring drug tests for some welfare recipients say they have passed voluntary drug tests.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The thought of leaving her flooded-out home on Barton Beach Road brings Carla Johnson to the point of tears, but she's ready to go if the government will make a buyout offer - almost any reasonable offer.
INDIANAPOLIS - New standards for police cultural sensitivity training and reporting of bullying-related suicides could become law pending the governor's approval.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two people who ate from a package of contaminated Skittles required hospital treatment for burning throats, cramping and diarrhea, Indiana authorities said Wednesday night.
INDIANAPOLIS - Energy efficiency businesses and advocates are rallying against a bill that would kill a statewide program aimed at reducing energy use by Indiana homeowners and businesses.
INDIANAPOLIS - A former chairman of the Indiana Republican Party said Tuesday that he never promised "unlimited" campaign funds to make the proposed constitutional ban on gay marriage go away, but rather offered to support lawmakers if they opposed the ban.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Senate has given final approval to a measure supporters hope will improve the lives of stray cats in the state's mobile home parks.
MERRILLVILLE, Indiana - An Indiana State Police trooper has been injured in a collision in the second such incident this week.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana police would need search warrants before using aerial drones or demanding passwords for electronic devices if the Legislature gives final approval to a digital privacy bill.
INDIANAPOLIS - A package of business tax cuts is on its way to negotiations between Indiana House and state Senate lawmakers following a party-line vote in the Senate.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Indiana has chosen four teams to bid on building and operating the Indiana portion of the Illiana Expressway.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana House has approved a bill allowing guns to be stored in cars in school parking lots.
ELWOOD, Indiana - The mayor of Elwood's use of campaign funds has sparked an investigation by state police and the FBI, a former campaign official said.
TAYLORVILLE, Indiana - A collision that injured an Indiana State Police officer remains under investigation.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers are honoring the perseverance and commitment of slopestyle skier Nick Goepper (GEP'-er).