- Cellphone recovered from lake may yield evidence in slaying Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
SULLIVAN, Indiana - Authorities believe a cellphone recovered from a southwestern Indiana lake may yield key evidence in the strangulation death of a pregnant Sullivan woman.
- Northern Indiana homeowner erects barricades to protect home Updated: Aug-28-15 3:47 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana homeowner has placed several 1.5-ton concrete blocks in front of the house to protect it.
- Indiana Supreme Court hears dispute over '0INK' plate Updated: Aug-27-15 3:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's highest court heard arguments Thursday on whether a police officer was wrongly denied a vanity license plate saying '0INK,' which state officials had deemed offensive.
- Engineers working on plan for I-65 bridge near Lafayette Updated: Aug-27-15 2:25 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Engineers could soon have a repair plan for an Interstate 65 bridge over Wildcat Creek, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
- House Public Policy Chair Dermony won't seek re-election Updated: Aug-21-15 2:25 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A high-ranking Republican member of the Indiana House says he won't seek re-election to a sixth term next year.
- Indiana lawmakers to consider expanding DNA testing Updated: Aug-19-15 5:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - After hearing testimony from a national advocate for DNA sampling, an Indiana legislative study panel is considering whether to recommend that state lawmakers take up a proposal to expand testing to any person arrested for a felony.
- Former Lake County Judge Arredondo eyeing AG nomination Updated: Aug-18-15 12:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A former Lake County judge has formed a campaign committee to seek the Democratic nomination for Indiana attorney general.
- AG seeking restitution over alleged Warsaw schools kickbacks Updated: Aug-17-15 6:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller is seeking nearly $1 million in restitution from a former northern Indiana school district official and a business owner who were both charged with an illegal kickback scheme.
- Tallian ends gubernatorial bid, leaving Gregg lone Democrat Updated: Aug-17-15 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State Sen. Karen Tallian ended her campaign for governor Monday, leaving John Gregg the only Democrat remaining in the race.
- Former head of The Arc of Indiana, running for Senate Updated: Aug-15-15 5:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A political newcomer who has spent his career advocating for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities announced Saturday he is running for the Democratic nomination to replace retiring Republican U.S. Sen. Dan Coats.
- Indiana legislative committee to study teacher shortage Updated: Aug-15-15 2:49 pm
GREENSBURG, Indiana - A state legislative committee will look in to why Indiana is seeing a decline in number of people becoming teachers.
- Pence considers using Indiana reserves on infrastructure Updated: Aug-13-15 2:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is considering using some of the state's $2.14 billion in reserves to pay for infrastructure improvements, including high-priority repairs like those on an Interstate 65 bridge.
- Indiana to add child welfare workers as caseload jumps Updated: Aug-13-15 2:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence announced Thursday that Indiana's child welfare agency is hiring another 113 caseworkers to deal with a skyrocketing number of abuse and neglect cases.
- Judge rules Indiana lawmakers can keep emails private Updated: Aug-12-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state representative's emails and other correspondence with utility company officials about proposed legislation can remain private, a Marion County judge has ruled.
- Northbound I-65 south of Indianapolis reopens after crash Updated: Aug-11-15 4:28 pm
FRANKLIN, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Transportation has reopened a section of northbound Interstate 65 south of Indianapolis after a semitrailer crash and fire kept it closed for nearly 10 hours.
- Las Vegas developer proposes casino by Indianapolis airport Updated: Aug-11-15 3:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Las Vegas-based casino developer has proposed a deal to Indiana and Indianapolis officials if they let Rising Sun Casino Resort move half of its 1,400 gambling tables to Marion County.
- INDOT noted concerns about closed I-65 bridge in 2005 Updated: Aug-08-15 1:20 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - An Indiana Department of Transportation report shows an Interstate 65 bridge near Lafayette that was closed indefinitely because of safety concerns was identified as having substructural problems a decade ago.
- Schools chief Ritz dropping campaign for Indiana governor Updated: Aug-07-15 5:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democratic state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz is dropping out of the 2016 Indiana governor's race in favor of seeking re-election to her current position.
- Indiana agency considering options for historic bridge Updated: Aug-07-15 4:16 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Indiana - A bridge over the Eel River in Clay County has to be replaced because heavy use over the past 80 years has caused its structure to deteriorate, according to Indiana transportation officials.
- Pence says he will fight new EPA emissions rules in court Updated: Aug-03-15 7:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence vowed Monday to "vigorously" fight President Barack Obama's recently finalized plan to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants across the U.S. over the next fifteen years.
- Indiana medical software company hack affected 3.9M people Updated: Aug-03-15 5:01 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Indiana medical software company has reported the private information of 3.9 million people nationwide was exposed when its networks were hacked earlier this year, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Monday.
- State police warn motorists to beware of school buses Updated: Aug-03-15 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police are urging drivers to be aware of the need to stop for school buses as students return back to classrooms following summer break.
- Indiana, private carrier ink deal for passenger rail Updated: Aug-02-15 4:49 pm