- Whitecaps beat Impact 2-0 to win Canadian Championship Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Octavio Rivero and Tim Parker scored and the Vancouver Whitecaps won their first Voyageurs Cup title, beating the Montreal Impact 2-0 on Wednesday night in the second leg of the Canadian Championship.
- Igboananike scores twice, Fire beat Red Bulls 3-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:53 pm
BRIDGEVIEW, Illinois - Kennedy Igboananike broke a tie in the 73rd minute with his second goal of the game and the Chicago Fire beat New York 3-2 on Wednesday night to end the Red Bulls' six-game undefeated streak.
- Tennessee experiments with high-tech sleep monitors Updated: Aug-26-15 3:09 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - About an hour before a Tennessee football player's scheduled bedtime, he gets a reminder via an app on his phone or a text message. That's when he puts on orange glasses that block out the glow of smartphones or computer screens, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Red Bulls name Jouaux as strength and conditioning coach Updated: Aug-25-15 3:41 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - The New York Red Bulls have hired Tony Jouaux as their strength and conditioning coach.
- Robbie Keane has 2 goals, LA Galaxy rout NYC FC 5-1 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:13 pm
CARSON, California - Robbie Keane knocked another goal into the open New York City FC net and took off sprinting with his arms outstretched, basking in the sellout crowd's relentless roars.
- Serna scores in 1st minute, Rapids beat Fire 1-0 Updated: Aug-22-15 11:02 pm
- Le Toux scores in 78th, Union beat Impact 1-0 Updated: Aug-22-15 10:15 pm
MONTREAL - Sebastien Le Toux scored in the 78th minute and the Philadelphia Union beat Montreal 1-0 on Saturday night to spoil Didier Drogba's debut for the Impact.
- McInerney scores winner in home debut for Crew Updated: Aug-22-15 10:06 pm
- Wondolowski sparks Earthquakes past East-leading United, 2-0 Updated: Aug-22-15 9:32 pm
- Altidore scores twice, Toronto FC beats Orlando City 5-0 Updated: Aug-22-15 6:27 pm
TORONTO - Jozy Altidore scored twice and Sebastian Giovinco, Marky Delgado and Justin Morrow added goals in Toronto FC's 5-0 victory over Orlando City on Saturday.
- Poku scores 2 goals, NYCFC ties Crew 2-2 Updated: Aug-19-15 11:28 pm
- DC United opens CONCACAF Champions play with win in Panama Updated: Aug-19-15 10:36 pm
PANAMA CITY - Miguel Aguilar scored in the 85th minute and D.C. United opened CONCACAF Champions League play with a 1-0 victory over Arabe Unido on Wednesday night.
- Newest USL team to open play in Lehigh Valley next year Updated: Aug-19-15 5:09 pm
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - The Lehigh Valley will be getting its own United Soccer League team next year.
- Igboananike scores twice, Fire plays Union to 3-3 draw Updated: Aug-16-15 10:03 pm
- Revolution beat Dynamo 2-0 after weather delays Updated: Aug-16-15 12:50 am
- Wright-Phillips scores 11th, Red Bulls unbeaten streak now 6 Updated: Aug-15-15 10:09 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - Bradley Wright-Phillips is on a run and so are the New York Red Bulls.
- McNamara, Villa, Poku score in 2nd half, NYCFC beats United Updated: Aug-13-15 9:26 pm
- Red Bulls' Perrinelle suspended for 2 games Updated: Aug-13-15 6:12 pm
NEW YORK - New York Red Bulls defender Damien Perrinelle was suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount by MLS on Thursday for endangering the safety of an opponent in a 2-0 victory over New York City FC on Sunday night.
- Union beat Fire 1-0 in US Open Cup semifinals Updated: Aug-12-15 11:25 pm
- Impact rally to tie Whitecaps in Canadian final opener Updated: Aug-12-15 10:39 pm
MONTREAL - Laurent Ciman and Anthony Jackson-Hamel scored in a late 1-minute span to help the Montreal Impact tie the Vancouver Whitecaps 2-2 on Wednesday night in the Canadian Championship final.
- Russia proposes tough salary cap for football stars Updated: Aug-11-15 10:09 am
MOSCOW - Russian football bosses have called for star players' salaries to be capped at just $31,000 a month in a move which could change the face of football in the 2018 World Cup host nation.
- Northern Illinois Fire Museum in Marengo needs new location Updated: Aug-11-15 5:19 am
MARENGO, Illinois - A fire museum in northern Illinois that includes equipment used in the Great Chicago Fire needs to move to a new location in the next year.
- Wright-Phillips, Martins lead Red Bulls past NYC FC, 2-0 Updated: Aug-09-15 9:45 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - Bradley Wright-Phillips and Felipe Martins scored and Luis Robles had three saves to help the New York Red Bulls complete a season sweep over expansion NYC FC with a 2-0 victory Sunday night.
- Kamara scores twice, Crew rallies to beat Rapids 2-1 Updated: Aug-08-15 11:36 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Kei Kamara scored twice in the second half to regain the MLS goals lead in the Columbus Crew's 2-1 comeback victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday night.
- Chris Rolfe scores early in United's 1-0 win Impact Updated: Aug-08-15 10:53 pm
MONTREAL - Chris Rolfe scored early and Bill Hamid was strong in goal in D.C. United's 1-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Saturday night.