- Texas' top officer: Snoop Dogg a 'dope smoking cop hater' Updated: May-06-15 8:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' chief law enforcement official called Snoop Dogg a "dope smoking cop hater" before reprimanding a state trooper who posed for a picture with the rapper, according to emails made public Wednesday.
- Trooper reprimanded for photo with Snoop Dogg sues bosses Updated: Apr-29-15 3:45 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas trooper has sued his bosses after being reprimanded over his photo with rapper Snoop Dogg at South by Southwest.
- Texas House OKs changing who investigates public corruption Updated: Apr-20-15 7:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers are closer to gutting the anti-public corruption unit that was at the center of former Gov. Rick Perry's indictment last year.
- Experts say Texas DPS pursuit policy needs updating Updated: Apr-19-15 3:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety's policy regarding vehicle pursuits - which permits troopers to shoot at fleeing vehicles - is out of step with evolving national standards, according to experts.
- DPS: Finish criminal investigation and clear our name Updated: Apr-16-15 3:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Going on the attack over a controversial private defense contractor on the Texas-Mexico border, state officials Thursday challenged public corruption prosecutors to finish a criminal investigation and clear their name.
- DPS contractor memo described aerial 'spying on Mexico' Updated: Apr-13-15 8:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A former border security contractor in Texas says there was "spying on Mexico" during aerial surveillance missions and urged caution with state officials over that disclosure, though state security officials said the wording was a mischaracterization of the operation, a newspaper reported Monday.