- Utah lawmakers could choose new prison site next week Updated: Aug-04-15 7:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah lawmakers tasked with choosing a new site for a state prison say they could make their selection next week.
- Utah lawmaker renews push for medical marijuana law Updated: Jul-15-15 3:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker renewed his push Wednesday for conservative Utah to pass a medical marijuana law, a move he argues is a win for limited government, conservative values and compassion.
- Utah death row inmate says firing squad is unconstitutional Updated: Jul-14-15 7:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah death row inmate appealing his sentence of death by firing squad says the execution method is cruel and unusual punishment. Utah recently approved the use of a firing squad as a backup if lethal injection drugs are not available.
- Forester: Utah working to cut risk of large-scale wildfires Updated: Jul-14-15 4:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah hasn't had a devastating wildfire in recent years like its neighboring states thanks to a mix of luck, favorable weather and prevention, the state forester said Tuesday.
- Utah lawmakers look at passing statewide body camera rules Updated: Jul-07-15 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - As more police agencies issue body cameras to their officers, Utah needs to set statewide standards about what should be filmed and who can see it, lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.