- Montana governor vetoes public land task force bill Updated: May-05-15 6:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's governor vetoed a bill Monday he said would have created a task force to study the transfer or sell-off of public lands.
- Group leaves Washington, but no Medicaid deal yet Updated: Apr-29-15 8:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert and Republican legislative leaders said they were optimistic Wednesday after leaving a meeting in Washington with federal officials, but they're still without a deal or new flexibility to expand Medicaid in Utah.
- Utah lawmakers hold study session on police use of force Updated: Apr-27-15 6:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah lawmakers concerned about recent civilian deaths at the hands of police around the country held the first of several sessions Monday as they review how officers in the state use deadly force.
- Utah lawmakers will not override governor's vetoes Updated: Apr-17-15 6:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - There's not enough support among Utah lawmakers to override Gov. Gary Herbert's five bill vetoes this year.
- Utah governor plans Washington visit for more Medicaid talks Updated: Apr-16-15 5:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday that he and some Republican state lawmakers are planning a trip to Washington, D.C., at the end of April with the hope of working toward a Medicaid expansion deal.
- Former Utah Gov. Norman Bangerter dies at 82 Updated: Apr-14-15 10:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Utah Gov. Norman Bangerter died Tuesday after suffering a stroke. He was 82.
- With shuttered dealership, Tesla looking for options in Utah Updated: Apr-07-15 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Tesla Motors has built a new showroom in Salt Lake City to sell its sleek electric cars, but no one can buy, drive or discuss prices there after Utah officials ruled it violates state laws about car makers owning dealerships.