- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- Arizona's Chayka becomes youngest GM in NHL history Updated: May-05-16 5:37 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The NHL has followed Major League Baseball's analytical trend in recent years, relying more on advanced statistics to evaluate players and tendencies.
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Warriors winger Dryden Hunt named Wester Hockey League player of the year Updated: May-04-16 7:05 pm
CALGARY - Moose Jaw Warriors winger Dryden Hunt was named the Western Hockey League's player of the year on Wednesday.
- Predators beat Sharks 4-1, pull within 2-1 in series Updated: May-04-16 1:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators finally figured out how to shut down the NHL's best road team and a pretty potent power play. As a result, they have given themselves a chance to tie their second-round series.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- Pavelski leads Sharks to playoff wins in year 1 as captain Updated: May-02-16 4:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Pavelski's transformation as an NHL player can be illustrated by the evolution of his nicknames.
- 2 more UND hockey underclassmen leaving for the NHL Updated: May-02-16 6:28 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two more underclassmen on the national champion University of North Dakota men's hockey team are leaving for the professional ranks.
- Pavelski's late goal gives Sharks 3-2 win over Predators Updated: May-02-16 12:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - The Nashville Predators frustrated Joe Pavelski and San Jose's top line for much of the night, forcing turnovers, blocking shots and limiting chances.
- Sharks name stray cat that ran on ice after team captain Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The stray cat that ran on the ice before San Jose's second-round series opener now has a name but is still looking for a permanent home.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Ducks accept blame for Boudreau firing after playoff ouster Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The start, not the finish, cost Bruce Boudreau his job with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Ducks fire coach Bruce Boudreau after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-29-16 4:27 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Bruce Boudreau on Friday, two days after the four-time Pacific Division champions' first-round exit from the playoffs.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Glendale OKs $28 million deal for new arena operator Updated: Apr-27-16 3:05 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale has approved a $28 million deal with a Los Angeles-based arena management firm AEG Facilities for the operation of the Gila River Arena.
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Hockey sticks no longer one size fits all Updated: Apr-21-16 2:11 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Hockey sticks used to come one size fits all. If players wanted a better fit, it required lots of do it yourself, cutting, sanding, heating and bending the stick into a shape and size that fit them.
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Updated: Apr-20-16 5:51 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Vancouver Canucks signed former Boston College goalie Thatcher Demko to a three-year entry-level contract Wednesday.