- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3 Updated: May-06-15 2:03 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- Wife of LA Kings' Voynov pressed to testify in abuse case Updated: May-04-15 11:10 pm
TORRANCE, California - The wife of Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been told she may be held in contempt of court for refusing to testify in a domestic violence case against the two-time Stanley Cup champ.
- Ducks top Flames 3-0 in Game 2, stay unbeaten in playoffs Updated: May-04-15 1:51 am
ANAHEIM, California - Six games deep in the Stanley Cup playoffs, nobody has been able to beat the Anaheim Ducks.
- Sharks near agreement to extend lease in San Jose Updated: Apr-27-15 7:17 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are close to finalizing an agreement to extend their lease at the SAP Center.
- Flames beat Canucks 7-4 to advance in Stanley Cup playoffs Updated: Apr-26-15 1:12 am
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames never blinked after falling into a quick 3-0 hole - and the Sea of Red never stopped cheering.
- Oilers overhaul front office after disappointing season Updated: Apr-24-15 4:35 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers made sweeping front-office changes Friday after another disappointing season.
- NHL commish doesn't think 'Katy Perry' chants are sexist Updated: Apr-24-15 4:07 pm
NEW YORK - So long as fans keep their chants clean, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has no issue with Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry being compared to pop star Katy Perry.
- Daniel Sedin scores tiebreaker to lift Canucks past Flames Updated: Apr-24-15 2:57 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - After falling behind early in a must-win game, the Vancouver Canucks persevered and extended their first-round series.
- Sharks owner endorses rebuilding plan Updated: Apr-23-15 10:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose Sharks owner Hasso Plattner remains behind general manager Doug Wilson's rebuilding plan despite the team missing the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
- Ducks surprise themselves with 1st-round sweep of Winnipeg Updated: Apr-23-15 8:14 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Even the Anaheim Ducks are a bit surprised to be the first team through to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Ryan Miller will start Game 5 for Canucks Updated: Apr-23-15 4:17 pm
- Ducks sweep Jets with 5-2 victory Updated: Apr-23-15 2:02 am
- Jets face elimination down 3-0 in series against Ducks Updated: Apr-21-15 9:18 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - For teams in the NHL playoffs, the clinching fourth win is often the hardest one to get in a series.
- Correction: Kings-Stoll Arrested story Updated: Apr-21-15 7:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - In a story April 20 about the arrest of Los Angeles Kings hockey player Jarret Stoll, The Associated Press reported erroneously the terms of his release from jail in Las Vegas. Stoll was freed on his own recognizance, without bail, not with a $5,000 bond.
- Canucks' Burrows out for Game 4 with upper-body injury Updated: Apr-21-15 4:29 pm
- McLellan out after 7 years as coach of San Jose Sharks Updated: Apr-20-15 7:24 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After seven years of great regular-season success and playoff disappointments, coach Todd McLellan and the San Jose Sharks decided it was time for a change.
- Silfverberg's last-minute goal puts Ducks past Jets 2-1 Updated: Apr-19-15 2:29 am
ANAHEIM, California - Although Jakob Silfverberg and the Anaheim Ducks realize they probably should stop waiting to win games in the third period, they've thrived on dramatic escapes and last-minute heroics all season.
- Oilers win NHL draft lottery and chance to select McDavid Updated: Apr-18-15 10:08 pm
The Edmonton Oilers won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
- Calgary coach Bob Hartley fined $50,000 by the NHL Updated: Apr-18-15 5:38 pm
NEW YORK - Calgary coach Bob Hartley was fined $50,000 by the NHL on Saturday for his responsibility for a brawl late in the Flames' 4-1 loss in Vancouver on Friday night.
- Coyotes sign Christian Dvorak to a 3-year, entry-level deal Updated: Apr-17-15 4:36 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes signed forward Christian Dvorak to a three-year, entry-level contract Friday. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
- Coyotes reach AHL affiliation agreement with Springfield Updated: Apr-17-15 1:11 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have signed a multi-year affiliation agreement with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League.
- Young Ducks defensemen ready to show their playoff toughness Updated: Apr-17-15 2:45 am
- Jets' Perreault, Ducks' Wisniewski both out for Game 1 Updated: Apr-16-15 10:42 pm
- Canucks sticking with 4 lines in playoffs Updated: Apr-16-15 8:02 pm
- No decision yet on status of Sharks coach Todd McLellan Updated: Apr-15-15 6:21 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The locker clean up, exit interviews and goodbyes began a lot sooner than usual for the San Jose Sharks after they missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.