- Saudi Arabia will host conference to unite Syrian opposition Updated: Nov-19-15 8:35 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Saudi Arabia will host a conference in mid-December to try to unite the Syrian opposition ahead of new peace talks, a key issue in stepped up efforts to end the nearly five-year civil war, the country's U.N. ambassador said Thursday.
- UN committee OKs resolution slamming Syria on human rights Updated: Nov-19-15 5:34 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations General Assembly's human rights committee has adopted a resolution criticizing Syria's human rights record.
- UN committee scolds Iran on human rights record Updated: Nov-19-15 4:18 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly's human rights committee has approved a resolution expressing deep concern about rights violations in Iran.
- UN urges release of all information on Hammarskjold death Updated: Nov-19-15 1:57 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution Thursday urging all countries - especially the United States, Britain and South Africa - to release all information on the mysterious 1961 plane crash that killed U.N. Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjold.
- Talks under way for UN rights chief to visit North Korea Updated: Nov-17-15 7:44 pm
UNITED NATIONS - North Korea and the United Nations both confirmed Tuesday that discussions are under way for what would be the first visit to the reclusive north Asian country by a U.N. human rights chief.
- Chinese official: Parties must agree how to resolve disputes Updated: Nov-05-15 7:19 pm