- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag Updated: Sep-01-15 6:03 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Israel on Tuesday urged U.N. leaders to reject a Palestinian attempt to raise their flag at U.N. headquarters as early as this month's gathering of world leaders there.
- Palestinians, Vatican could raise UN flags before pope visit Updated: Aug-25-15 7:10 pm
UNITED NATIONS - In a move likely to upset Israel's government, the Palestinians and the Vatican are seeking to raise their flags at U.N. headquarters - just in time for Pope Francis' visit next month.
- Countries delay UN plan to name those accused of sex abuse Updated: Aug-20-15 7:19 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations is rejecting growing pressure to name countries whose peacekeepers face sexual abuse accusations in Central African Republic against children as young as 11, keeping silent because member states have delayed the U.N. chief's plan to identify alleged perpetrators.
- UN to start naming, shaming countries for alleged misconduct Updated: Aug-13-15 7:56 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Taking aim at "a cancer in our system," the U.N. secretary-general on Thursday announced that he intends to start naming and shaming countries whose troops and police serving in U.N. peacekeeping missions face credible accusations of sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Sudan's president, facing charges, scheduled to speak at UN Updated: Aug-04-15 6:29 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir, who faces international war crimes and genocide charges, is on a provisional list of speakers at a U.N. summit of world leaders in late September. If he speaks, al-Bashir would be the first head of state to address the General Assembly while facing charges by the International Criminal Court.