- Gallardo, Hamels set to start for Rangers in ALDS Games 1-2 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:44 pm
- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Athletics promote Billy Beane, David Forst in front office Updated: Oct-05-15 6:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics wanted to make sure they could keep David Forst in the front office after other clubs sought to hire him, so they promoted him to general manager Monday and elevated Billy Beane to executive vice president of baseball operations.
- Hamels good addition for Rangers future - and this year too Updated: Oct-05-15 6:25 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels was certainly a good addition for the future of the Texas Rangers.
- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics' move Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from the city of San Jose in its bid to lure baseball's Athletics from Oakland to the South Bay.
- Dipoto's first big move as M's GM is deciding on McClendon Updated: Oct-05-15 3:08 pm
SEATTLE - Now the wait begins to see what the first big move of Jerry Dipoto's tenure as general manager of the Seattle Mariners will be.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Farquhar gives up homer in 8th, Mariners lose 4-2 to A's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:43 am
SEATTLE - Danny Farquhar threw the pitches he wanted in the eighth inning Friday night. He did not get the results he expected.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Valencia's 2-run HR lifts Athletics over Mariners 4-2 Updated: Oct-03-15 2:17 am
SEATTLE - Danny Valencia believed all along that he just needed the opportunity to show what he could do.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Mariners' Cano to undergo hernia surgery Oct. 13 Updated: Oct-02-15 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano will undergo surgery to repair a sports hernia in two weeks and expects to be fully recovered by spring training.
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Angels fall to Rangers 5-3, turn focus to wild-card race Updated: Oct-02-15 1:08 am
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- AL West-leading Rangers win again, 6-2 over Tigers Updated: Oct-01-15 1:47 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the AL West-leading Texas Rangers know they are getting close to another postseason berth.
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- Angels slowed with 8-7 loss to Athletics Updated: Oct-01-15 12:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Collin Cowgill's soft groundout to third wasn't a terribly appropriate way to end a seven-game winning streak and a rollicking homestand that propelled the Los Angeles Angels back into playoff position.
- LEADING OFF: Angels-Rangers series starts, Price's tuneup Updated: Sep-30-15 9:36 pm
A look at what's happening around the major leagues Thursday:
- Seattle shuts down ace Felix Hernandez for final weekend Updated: Sep-30-15 7:53 pm
SEATTLE - The only way Felix Hernandez is seeing the field for the final weekend of the regular season is if Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon suddenly decides to let his ace right-hander be a hitter.
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- A's lose 4th straight, 8-1 to streaking Angels Updated: Sep-30-15 2:22 am
- Female coach to serve as A's guest instructor this fall Updated: Sep-29-15 9:10 pm
OAKLAND, California - Justine Siegal, a female baseball coach who was the first woman to throw batting practice for a Major League Baseball team, will serve as a guest instructor during the Oakland Athletics' instructional league that begins Sunday at the team's spring-training facility in Mesa, Arizona.