- Astros struggle at the plate in 6-3 loss to Seattle Updated: May-06-16 1:04 am
HOUSTON - Jose Altuve had another big night at the plate for the Houston Astros on Thursday.
- Cano drives in 3 in 9th to give Mariners 6-3 win over Astros Updated: May-06-16 12:41 am
HOUSTON - For Seattle manager Scott Servais it's easy to see why Robinson Cano is so successful with runners in scoring position.
- Holland roughed up in Rangers' 12-2 loss at Toronto Updated: May-05-16 11:54 pm
TORONTO - Derek Holland came in with a scoreless streak of 16 1/3 innings at Rogers Centre. It didn't take long for the Toronto Blue Jays to make it a distant memory.
- Encarnacion's HR, 2 doubles, 6 RBIs lead Toronto over Texas Updated: May-05-16 11:29 pm
TORONTO - As a player whose game traditionally picks up a few notches in May, Edwin Encarnacion sure sounded like a man who knew a big performance was just around the corner.
- A's RHP Chris Bassitt needs reconstructive elbow surgery Updated: May-05-16 5:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Athletics right-hander Chris Bassitt will need reconstructive surgery on his injured pitching elbow.
- College baseball coach pushes forward after 900th win Updated: May-05-16 3:19 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Bobby Sprowl got home late Wednesday, April 13, and changed out of his uniform after a day at the ballpark. He had just coached the Shelton State baseball team to its 11th straight victory. The next day was a special day. He was turning 60 years old. More than half of those 60 years, he has been the Buccaneers' head coach.
- Hughes struggles as Twins blown out by Astros 16-4 Updated: May-05-16 1:22 am
HOUSTON - The Minnesota Twins were feeling good after getting just their second road win of the season in the opener against the Astros on Monday.
- Castro homers, drives in 4 to help Astros rout Twins 16-4 Updated: May-05-16 1:10 am
HOUSTON - About a week ago Jason Castro was struggling at the plate, batting a paltry .114 and searching for answers to end his woes.
- Hofheinz family sues to keep name on Houston Cougars' arena Updated: May-04-16 11:34 pm
HOUSTON - The family of former Houston Astros owner Roy Hofheinz wants a court to require the University of Houston to keep his name on the school's basketball arena.
- A's bullpen falters as Oakland loses another 1-run game Updated: May-04-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oh-so-close Oakland, again.
- Mariners rally against A's bullpen for first sweep of season Updated: May-04-16 8:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - Even with a four-run deficit, Nelson Cruz hollered through the dugout some words of confidence.
- Fatigued Garrett Richards unsure on next start for Angels Updated: May-04-16 7:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - Los Angeles Angels starter Garrett Richards says he will be re-evaluated on Thursday to determine whether he can make his next start after dealing with fatigue.
- Angels rally off Brewers' bullpen for 7-3 to avoid sweep Updated: May-04-16 7:00 pm
- Trout triples and homers, Angels beat Brewers 7-3 Updated: May-04-16 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - The curveball hung over the plate, an enticing pitch that Mike Trout quickly turned into a rally-starting solo home run in the eighth inning.
- Indians acquire catcher Chris Gimenez from Rangers Updated: May-04-16 2:06 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians acquired backup catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for cash considerations.
- Angels squander early four-run lead, fall 5-4 to Brewers Updated: May-04-16 12:45 am
MILWAUKEE - Nick Tropeano left his off-speed pitches up in the zone, making for tempting targets for the Milwaukee Brewers' best hitters.
- Rangers reacquire catcher Bobby Wilson in trade with Tigers Updated: May-03-16 6:10 pm
- Slumping Blue Jays fall short again in 2-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-02-16 11:37 pm
TORONTO - Expected to be an offensive force, the Toronto Blue Jays aren't getting enough out of their big bats.
- Yu Darvish pitches 2 innings in 1st game since elbow surgery Updated: May-01-16 11:19 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Yu Darvish threw 18 of 32 pitches for strikes in a rehab start Sunday, the first game for the Texas Rangers ace since Tommy John surgery more than 13 months ago.
- Mariners can't find offense in 4-1 loss to Royals Updated: May-01-16 9:03 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners' best offensive opportunity against the Kansas City Royals ended with Robinson Cano thrown out at the plate.
- Royals snap losing streak with 4-1 win against Mariners Updated: May-01-16 8:42 pm
SEATTLE - Ian Kennedy felt like he only had one pitch working for him against the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. He was still able to take a shutout into the sixth inning, and get a big boost from his bullpen when he finally ran into trouble.
- Calhoun helps Angels stop Rangers' 4-game winning string Updated: May-01-16 8:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Los Angeles Angels' bullpen responded in a big way when it got an early call Sunday.
- Altuve homers to back Fister in Astros' 2-1 win over A's Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Doug Fister didn't have much margin for error, not with Houston managing only two hits - none after the third inning.
- Angels option Shoemaker to Triple-A; gave up 7 runs in 2 1/3 Updated: May-01-16 1:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Los Angeles Angels have optioned right-handed starter Matt Shoemaker to Triple-A Salt Lake in one of five roster moves Sunday.
- Angels overturned again in 7-2 loss at Rangers Updated: May-01-16 12:35 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Upon further review, the Los Angeles Angels again failed to get a break and lost another game in Texas.