- SD bullpen can't hold lead for Kennedy in loss to Rangers Updated: Sep-03-15 3:39 am
SAN DIEGO - After a miserable first two months, Ian Kennedy has been a different pitcher.
- O'Malley, Morrison shine late, lift Seattle over Astros 8-3 Updated: Sep-03-15 1:29 am
HOUSTON - Houston was tied with the Seattle Mariners in the eighth inning on Wednesday night when Astros reliever Pat Neshek did something he had not done in his nine years in the majors.
- O'Malley, Morrison shine late, lift Seattle over Astros 8-3 Updated: Sep-03-15 1:02 am
HOUSTON - Rookie Shawn O'Malley was born and grew up in Washington in a family full of Seattle Mariners fans.
- Gray gives up milestone homer to Pujols, A's lose to Angels Updated: Sep-02-15 8:23 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sonny Gray's teammates had just given him a nice boost with three runs in the bottom of the first after the Angels put up a four-spot in the top half.
- Pujols hits 35th home run as Angels take series from A's Updated: Sep-02-15 8:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Albert Pujols has been saying for about 15 years now that he will reflect on the many milestones and special home runs once his career is through, and he still hopes that is many seasons down the road.
- Andrus leads Rangers to 8-6 win over Padres Updated: Sep-02-15 3:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Elvis Andrus knew he was going to pull off a straight steal of home.
- Houston's Feldman makes early exit with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-01-15 9:50 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros starter Scott Feldman has left Tuesday night's game against the Seattle Mariners with discomfort in his right shoulder.
- New scouting director impressed with post-baseball career Updated: Sep-01-15 7:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - Randy Flores said the St. Louis Cardinals surprised him when they asked if he'd be interested in being their new scouting director.
- Victorino crashes into wall and it falls in Angels' loss Updated: Sep-01-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Shane Victorino crashed into the wall left field and down it came. The ball eluded him, too.
- Lewis struggles while Ross shuts down Rangers 7-0 Updated: Sep-01-15 2:00 am
SAN DIEGO - The way the Texas Rangers have been scoring, Colby Lewis figured allowing two runs in the third inning wasn't going to be that bad.
- Keuchel's solid start helps Astros over Mariners 8-3 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:50 am
HOUSTON - Seattle Mariners starter Vidal Nuno was done in by three bad pitches Monday night.
- Angels, A's delayed in 5th for broken outfield fence Updated: Sep-01-15 12:26 am
OAKLAND, California - A piece of the outfield wall in Oakland fell down after Los Angeles left fielder Shane Victorino crashed into it, causing a 10-minute delay as players briefly returned to their dugouts Monday night in a game between the Angels and Athletics.
- Playoff-hopeful Cubs get OF Austin Jackson from Seattle Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
- Fan's death at Braves game raises stadium safety questions Updated: Aug-31-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - The death of a longtime Braves season-ticket holder raises questions about the height of guard rails at the team's new stadium that is to open in 2017.
- Switch-pitcher Venditte gets 1st win, A's top D-backs in 11 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:33 pm
PHOENIX - A frigid beer shower never felt better to Pat Venditte, the switch-pitcher's reward for his first major league win at age 30.
- Closer Ziegler falters in 11th, A's top Diamondbacks 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:11 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona manager Chip Hale couldn't hide his frustration after the Diamondbacks finished a 1-6 homestand that dropped them four games under .500.
- Saladino lifts White Sox to 6-5 win over Mariners Updated: Aug-30-15 8:30 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have turned to several rookies during their lackluster season.
- Holland Ks 11 for Texas in 6-0 win over O's for 3-game sweep Updated: Aug-30-15 7:19 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland noticed how quiet it suddenly got after the final pitch of his eighth career shutout for the Texas Rangers
- Santana sharp at home in Twins' win Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Even though Ervin Santana has been going through one of the toughest stretches of his career, he hasn't lost his smile.
- Almonte leads Indians to 9-2 win against slumping Angels Updated: Aug-30-15 5:56 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians are working on a positive finish to a roller-coaster August.
- Mariners send Montgomery to minors Updated: Aug-30-15 3:42 pm
CHICAGO - The Seattle Mariners have optioned left-handed starter Mike Montgomery to Triple-A Tacoma and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe.
- Twins offense quieted by Fiers, Astros in 4-1 loss Updated: Aug-30-15 12:00 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A day after winning the series opener against Houston while getting just three hits, the Minnesota Twins' bats were quiet again.
- Astros place catcher Jason Castro on DL with quad strain Updated: Aug-29-15 6:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Houston Astros have put catcher Jason Castro on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right quadriceps muscle.
- Passed balls cost A's in 6-4 loss to Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-29-15 3:02 am
PHOENIX - Stephen Vogt couldn't do anything more than feel terrible about his two passed balls in one inning, mistakes that cost the Oakland Athletics the lead in their latest loss.
- Mariners' Walker leaves start in 7th with injury Updated: Aug-28-15 10:41 pm