- Kenya: Police disrupt alleged plot by extremist medics Updated: May-03-16 3:03 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police have disrupted a cell of extremist medics linked to the Islamic State group suspected of plotting a biological attack on Kenya and recruiting university students to join the group in Libya and Syria, Kenya's police chief said Tuesday
- Press Freedom Day: Journalists keep working despite threats Updated: May-03-16 12:09 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - For Abdiqadir Dulyar, simply reading messages sent to his phone can be chilling.
- Somalia: 11 soldiers killed as extremists retake town Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A Somali military official says fighters from Islamic extremist rebels recaptured a town in southern Somalia, killing at least 11 Somali government soldiers.
- Pentagon: Dozen militants killed in US airstrikes in Somalia Updated: Apr-12-16 1:41 pm
WASHINGTON - A Pentagon spokesman says the U.S. conducted airstrikes Monday and Tuesday in Somalia that killed an estimated 12 militants affiliated with the al-Shabab Islamic extremist group.
- Somalia: Man executed for journalists' killings Updated: Apr-11-16 10:12 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A former journalist who joined the Islamic extremist group al-Shabab was executed Monday by firing squad in Somalia's capital for the killings of five Somali journalists.