- US gives $45 million to help Kenya with refugee crisis Updated: May-04-15 12:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The United States said Monday it will give $45 million to help Kenya deal with an increasingly complex refugee crisis in a region long defined by Somalia's endemic violence, but where war in nearby Yemen is now creating conditions so dire that some people are even fleeing to Somalia.
- Brother: Kenyan man in plot against president mentally ill Updated: Apr-23-15 4:03 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A man arrested for allegedly being involved in an extremist plot to attack President Uhuru Kenyatta's rural home is mentally ill, his brother said Thursday.
- Minnesota mother shocked that 2 sons face terror charges Updated: Apr-22-15 8:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adnan Abdihamid Farah's parents took his passport away last year when it came in the mail, and his mother would later tell authorities she feared her son would "disappear."
- Kenya: 9 security chiefs suspended over al-Shabab attack Updated: Apr-22-15 11:10 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Nine security chiefs in the eastern town of Garissa have been suspended during a probe to determine if they failed to stop an extremist attack earlier this month in which 148 people died, Kenya's interior minister has said.
- Somali police say 10 die in attack on education office Updated: Apr-14-15 5:06 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - An assault by gunmen on the offices of Somali's education ministry on Tuesday left 17 people dead, including seven attackers, a government spokesman said.
- UN urges Kenya to reconsider demand to shut refugee camp Updated: Apr-14-15 10:40 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' refugee agency urged Kenya on Tuesday to reconsider its demand for the closure of a vast camp for Somali refugees within three months.