- Somalia hotel truck bomb toll rises to 15 Updated: Jul-27-15 4:55 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - The massive truck bomb that killed 15 people, including a Kenyan diplomat, and wrecked Somalia's premier hotel has stunned the capital and raised fears Monday that the Islamic extremist al-Shabab rebels are escalating their violence.
- Obama pushes for end to crippling crisis in South Sudan Updated: Jul-27-15 3:29 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama launched a personal push for peace in South Sudan on Monday, convening African leaders for urgent talks in neighboring Ethiopia aimed at keeping the world's newest nation from collapsing amid civil war.
- The Latest: Obama says South Sudan needs urgent attention Updated: Jul-27-15 7:43 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The latest on President Barack Obama's visit to Ethiopia (all times local):
- Kenyan security on high alert ahead of Obama visit Updated: Jul-24-15 9:10 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A massive security operation is in place to protect President Barack Obama during his visit to Kenya, which has been frequently targeted by al-Shabab militants based in neighboring Somalia.
- AU, Somali troops drive al-Shabab out of major base Updated: Jul-22-15 1:50 pm
- Kenya says Islamic extremists kill 14 in Kenya's north Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - At least 14 people were killed in an attack early Tuesday in the country's north by al-Shabab, Islamic extremist rebels from neighboring Somalia, a Kenyan official said.