- New faces in the Purdue backfield as season nears Updated: Sep-01-15 6:25 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - When Purdue begins its season this weekend at Marshall, two running backs who have yet to carry the ball in a college game will get the bulk of the playing time.
- Middle Tennessee coach names his son starting QB for opener Updated: Aug-31-15 1:39 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee coach Rick Stockstill has named his son, redshirt freshman Brent Stockstill, his starting quarterback for the Blue Raiders' season opener against Jackson State.
- Australian punters influencing American college football Updated: Aug-28-15 11:09 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A series of coincidences led LSU coach Les Miles to bring in his first Australian punter.
- Middle Tennessee's 3-game deal with Missouri starts in 2016 Updated: Aug-26-15 8:14 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee has agreed to a three-game deal with Missouri with the series starting in 2016 and featuring a trip by the Southeastern Conference team to Tennessee in 2022.
- Blue Raiders eager to finish this season in winning fashion Updated: Aug-21-15 1:08 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders know they have only themselves to blame for missing out on a bowl game two of the last three seasons. If they forget, coach Rick Stockstill is happy to remind them about losing three of their final four games in 2014.
- Western Kentucky faces lofty expectations as C-USA favorite Updated: Aug-21-15 12:48 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Western Kentucky showed poise with a season-ending five-game winning streak that earned a bowl berth and the program's first FBS postseason victory.
- La. Tech welcomes Driskel to a team with high expectations Updated: Aug-20-15 11:03 am
RUSTON, Louisiana - Jeff Driskel has one last season to add a chapter of triumph and redemption to a largely disappointing college career.
- Healthy Marshall gives Georgia 'full package' at tailback Updated: Aug-19-15 4:27 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Keith Marshall is healthy again, so Nick Chubb doesn't have to be a one-man tailback corps for Georgia this season.
- Southern Miss ready to take big step forward Updated: Aug-14-15 9:53 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Southern Mississippi coaches believe the Golden Eagles have enough talent to end a three-year postseason drought.
- WKU, Louisiana Tech picked as favorites in Conference USA Updated: Aug-13-15 2:12 pm
Conference USA has reason to tout its strength after going 4-1 in bowl games last season including a win over Big Ten member Illinois.
- Marshall to conduct memorial service for Phil Ratliff Updated: Aug-12-15 5:05 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall's athletic department will conduct a memorial service for former assistant football coach Phil Ratliff.
- Marshall WR Angelo Jean-Louis no longer with team Updated: Aug-10-15 6:42 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall says wide receiver Angelo Jean-Louis is no longer with the team.
- Charlotte line coach Ratliff dies 6 days after cardiac event Updated: Aug-09-15 6:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte offensive line coach Phil Ratliff died Sunday, six days after suffering a cardiac event. He was 44.
- Appleby eager to bring stability to Purdue QB position Updated: Aug-09-15 4:44 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Austin Appleby hopes to give Purdue stability at quarterback.
- Allen seeks another big year running the ball for WKU Updated: Aug-08-15 4:35 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky senior Leon Allen is the latest ball carrier to emerge from what quarterback Brandon Doughty calls that the Hilltoppers' "stable of backs."