- Marshall has 7 home games on 2016 football schedule Updated: Feb-04-16 5:23 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall will play seven home football games next season, highlighted by a matchup with Louisville.
- Western Kentucky, Brohm agree to 4-year contract extension Updated: Feb-03-16 9:08 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm has agreed to a four-year contract extension through 2019 that boosts his base annual salary from $600,000 to $800,000.
- Southern Miss lands 17 in Hopson's first class Updated: Feb-03-16 7:58 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - New Southern Mississippi coach Jay Hopson had just four days to secure his first recruiting class for the Golden Eagles.
- Concussions prompt UTSA QB Bogenschutz to quit football Updated: Feb-02-16 4:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Calling it "one of the toughest situations" in his life, UTSA sophomore quarterback Blake Bogenschutz said Tuesday he is giving up football because of lingering concussion-like symptoms.
- Jay Hopson takes over Southern Miss' football program Updated: Feb-01-16 4:45 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Jay Hopson was an assistant coach for Southern Mississippi when the program was the envy of most mid-major schools in the country.
- Middle Tennessee hires Franklin as offensive coordinator Updated: Jan-22-16 3:19 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee has hired Tony Franklin as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach after he coordinated California's offense the last three seasons.
- Lloyd Carr, Oregon AD added to playoff selection committee Updated: Jan-21-16 12:13 pm
IRVING, Texas - Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens and former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr are among the four new additions to the College Football Playoff selection committee.
- North Texas adds 2 FBS transfers, including Alabama QB Updated: Jan-20-16 1:37 pm
DENTON, Texas - Alabama backup quarterback Alec Morris has transferred to North Texas, where he will be eligible to play immediately for new coach Seth Littrell.
- Correction: NCAA Convention story Updated: Jan-14-16 3:55 pm
SAN ANTONIO - In a story Jan. 13 about an NCAA rule change to allow the Big 12 to stage a football championship game, The Associated Press, relying on information from Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, reported erroneously that the Atlantic Coast Conference voted against the measure. The ACC voted in favor of the change. The Southeastern Conference voted against the measure.
- Arkansas State hires Faulkner as offensive coordinator Updated: Jan-13-16 12:57 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State football coach Blake Anderson has announced the hiring of Buster Faulkner as the Red Wolves' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
- Heat Check: How teams in final Top 25 look for next season Updated: Jan-12-16 4:22 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - It's a pretty simple formula. If you want to win a national championship, have Nick Saban or Urban Meyer coach your team.
- Louisiana Tech to play LSU in 2018 Updated: Jan-08-16 4:33 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Louisiana Tech will play LSU in a non-conference football game in 2018.