- Neb. lawmakers to investigate Nikko Jenkins case Updated: Mar-07-14 5:17 pm
- Nebraska court affirms dads' consent in adoptions Updated: Mar-07-14 1:35 pm
- Nebraska patrol says pot found in 2 vehicles Updated: Mar-07-14 12:40 pm
- Neb. man's post-conviction relief motion denied Updated: Mar-07-14 11:47 am
- Bill to lower taxes on Nebraska farmland stalls Updated: Mar-06-14 7:37 pm
- 29 Neb. senators lend support to Keystone XL Updated: Mar-06-14 4:59 pm
- Neb. lawmakers vote to expand homestead exemption Updated: Mar-06-14 12:40 pm
- Nebraska proposal to expand horse racing advances Updated: Mar-05-14 8:27 pm
- Nebraska joins fight against California egg law Updated: Mar-05-14 4:45 pm
- Legislative committee advances Neb. budget bills Updated: Mar-05-14 1:14 pm
- Services relocation bill clears Neb. committee Updated: Mar-04-14 7:23 pm
- Bill to pay for Neb. state park upgrades advances Updated: Mar-04-14 5:54 pm
- Nebraska indoor tanning bed bill advances Updated: Mar-04-14 5:40 pm
- Heineman: Plenty of money available for tax cuts Updated: Mar-03-14 5:13 pm
- Neb. AG Bruning, others offer tips to avoid fraud Updated: Mar-03-14 2:07 pm
- Heineman opposes prison marriage at public expense Updated: Mar-03-14 12:08 pm
- Property taxes, state parks eyed in Neb. budget Updated: Mar-02-14 9:47 am
- Neb. bill would provide guardian for those in need Updated: Mar-01-14 10:29 am
- Bill to allow guns in schools draws concerns Updated: Feb-28-14 7:25 pm
- Board predicts additional $99M in Neb. revenue Updated: Feb-28-14 6:20 pm
- Panel advances Nebraska property tax credit bill Updated: Feb-28-14 4:25 pm
- Neb. prisoner's wrongful conviction claim rejected Updated: Feb-28-14 1:55 pm
- Neb. panel advances $31.5M for water, resources Updated: Feb-28-14 1:22 pm
- Nebraska abortion clinic sign bill sparks debate Updated: Feb-27-14 9:08 pm
- Neb. casino gambling proposal to stay in committee Updated: Feb-27-14 2:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee will investigate how the state handled the case of Nikko Jenkins, who is accused of killing four people in the Omaha area after he was released from prison.
OMAHA, Nebraska - For a second time, the Nebraska Supreme Court has ruled that a father who was intentionally misled about the birth of his child can stop the baby's adoption.
ROSCOE, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol says troopers have seized more than 47 pounds of marijuana from two vehicles along Interstate 80 in western Nebraska.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has upheld the denial of post-conviction relief for a man convicted of the 2001 shooting death of another man who was believed to have been the wrong target in a retaliation killing.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to lower the taxable value of Nebraska ranch and farmland stalled Thursday in a legislative committee amid concerns it would erode the property tax base used by rural K-12 public schools.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A majority of Nebraska's state lawmakers have signed a letter in support of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposed expansion of Nebraska's homestead exemption program has won first-round approval from lawmakers.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska racetracks are one step closer to allowing bets on previously run horse races, after a vote in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska is joining a lawsuit that seeks to strike down a California law regulating the living conditions of chickens.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A series of new Nebraska state budget bills has won committee approval for debate in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill inspired by the decision to relocate a Nebraska state veterans home has advanced out of a legislative committee, but the new measure would only apply to future projects.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's state parks and recreational areas could see a new infusion of state cash for maintenance projects and upgrades.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Teenagers younger than 16 may soon be restricted from using indoor tanning beds in Nebraska under legislation making its way through the state Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman says Nebraska has plenty of money available for tax cuts, but it's up to lawmakers to pass them.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning and others are warning about fraud and financial scams that can be heartbreaking for victims.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman says he's opposed to any use of public money to transport Nebraska prisoners to marriage ceremonies with other inmates.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Property owners could get a tax break, state parks could get new cabins, and Nebraska could see new flood- and drought-mitigation projects if a series of budget bills become law.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Some of the state's most vulnerable people who can't make decisions on their own could soon be supported by a state guardian.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gun rights advocates are arguing that a proposal to let teachers to carry guns in schools would keep classrooms safe, while education groups say it would increase the danger.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska could see an additional $99 million for its current budget, setting the stage for more debate over taxes and spending.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to increase funding for Nebraska's property tax credit program has advanced out of a legislative committee.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday rejected a claim seeking $500,000 from the state by an inmate whose 1985 murder conviction was vacated, but who is still serving a life sentence on other charges.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Water research and conservation projects would receive $31.5 million in state aid under a measure advanced by a Nebraska legislative committee.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Abortion foes and supporters on Thursday disputed the real purpose of a bill that would require clinics to post conspicuous signs that say women can't be pressured into the procedure.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposed ballot measure to allow casino gambling in Nebraska isn't going anywhere this year.