- Man convicted of killing friend granted motion hearing Updated: Aug-28-15 6:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday ordered an evidentiary hearing be held for a Lincoln man convicted of murder who says his trial attorney failed him by not objecting to jurors being allowed to hear parts of recorded police interviews with him.
- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- Omaha attorney's license suspended for 60 days Updated: Aug-28-15 12:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has suspended an Omaha attorney's law license for 60 days after finding that he failed to communicate with a client and failed to perform legal work for which he had been paid.
- Nebraska senators begin review of school aid, property taxes Updated: Aug-27-15 8:13 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers kicked off a review Thursday of school funding and its impact on local property taxes, an issue that has divided the Legislature in years past.
- Fate of Nebraska's death penalty likely to rest with voters Updated: Aug-26-15 7:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's death penalty won a last-minute reprieve on Wednesday when a group fighting to keep the punishment announced that it has collected more than enough signatures to stop its repeal and place the issue before voters in 2016.
- Lincoln attorney Hilgers to run for open legislative seat Updated: Aug-25-15 1:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln attorney who ran for the Nebraska Legislature in 2012 and the attorney general's office in 2014 is trying again.
- Backers of wind power, solar seeking Nebraska tax credits Updated: Aug-23-15 10:46 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - With Nebraska facing pressure to meet more stringent federal emission requirements, renewable energy advocates will push again next year for a state tax credit aimed at wind farms and solar projects.
- Nebraska State Patrol seizes more than 200 pounds of pot Updated: Aug-21-15 4:32 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Law enforcement officials say more than 200 pounds of marijuana has been seized during several traffic stops in Nebraska.
- New trial ordered in case against Nebraska school district Updated: Aug-21-15 11:55 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court ordered a new trial Friday for a legal dispute between an architectural firm and a school district that was ordered to pay an extra $2 million for construction work.
- US attorney in Nebraska reviewing execution drug allegations Updated: Aug-20-15 5:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The U.S. attorney's office in Nebraska is reviewing allegations by a civil liberties group that state officials are trying to violate federal law through their attempts to import lethal injection drugs.
- Driver accused of hitting 2 construction workers in Nebraska Updated: Aug-19-15 8:04 pm
PAXTON, Nebraska - An 18-year-old driver from Colorado has been accused of hitting two construction workers on Interstate 80 in western Nebraska.
- Ricketts names Omaha dietitian to open legislative seat Updated: Aug-18-15 2:23 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An Omaha dietitian who teaches at the University of Nebraska Medical Center will fill an open seat in the Legislature, Gov. Pete Ricketts announced Tuesday.
- Lancaster County Judge Stacy named to Nebraska Supreme Court Updated: Aug-14-15 7:13 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lancaster County judge with more than two decades of legal experience will become the second woman in state history to serve on the Nebraska Supreme Court, Gov. Pete Ricketts announced Friday.
- High court: Separate assault convictions for same attack OK Updated: Aug-14-15 3:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Convicting a person under different degrees of assault for a single attack does not constitute double jeopardy, the Nebraska Supreme Court said Friday in a ruling that drew a vigorous dissent from one justice.
- Lincoln attorney disbarred for felony assault conviction Updated: Aug-14-15 11:56 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln attorney convicted and sentenced to one to three years in prison for what police said was a knife attack on her husband has been disbarred.
- Patrol: California man dies after in western Nebraska crash Updated: Aug-10-15 12:43 pm
SIDNEY, Nebraska - Nebraska authorities say a 47-year-old California man has been killed in an Interstate 80 accident.
- Project expected to slow traffic in Beaver Crossing area Updated: Aug-10-15 5:05 am
BEAVER CROSSING, Nebraska - A fog seal project is expected to hamper traffic this week on L-80E near Beaver Crossing in southeast Nebraska.
- Nebraska high court closes access to killer's drawings Updated: Aug-07-15 4:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An author who sued the state for access to a serial child killer's prison drawings didn't show good cause under state law for inspecting and reproducing the drawings, the Nebraska Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Former Fremont teacher to run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Aug-06-15 6:43 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Fremont real estate agent and former teacher has announced a bid for the Nebraska Legislature.
- Judge strikes down Nebraska's ban on same-sex foster parents Updated: Aug-06-15 2:23 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska judge has struck down a policy that prevented same-sex couples from serving as foster parents or adopting wards of the state.
- Shooting suspect caught in Kansas, Nebraska patrol says Updated: Aug-06-15 10:50 am
FALLS CITY, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol says a 34-year-old man suspected in a Falls City shooting has been captured in Kansas.
- Nebraska to join other states challenging new EPA rules Updated: Aug-04-15 10:30 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson says the state will join others in a legal fight against new federal rules designed to cut greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. power plants.
- Patrol says 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash near Ashland Updated: Aug-03-15 4:36 pm
ASHLAND, Nebraska - Authorities have identified a man killed in a single-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 80 in eastern Nebraska.
- Ravenna woman killed in crash on Interstate 80 in Nebraska Updated: Aug-01-15 1:58 pm
PAXTON, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol say a 43-year-old Ravenna woman has died in a crash on Interstate 80 in western Nebraska.