- Neb. State Patrol to conduct holiday enforcement Updated: Dec-12-13 5:07 am
- Neb. governor makes new appointment to Legislature Updated: Dec-11-13 4:15 pm
- Nebraska attorney general diagnosed with cancer Updated: Dec-11-13 1:17 pm
- Neb. lawmakers eye ways to improve college savings Updated: Dec-10-13 1:48 pm
- Gaps in mental, intellectual services investigated Updated: Dec-09-13 8:55 pm
- Snow creates slick roads in Nebraska, Iowa Updated: Dec-08-13 8:31 pm
- Bill would let Neb. lawmakers step in on vets home Updated: Dec-08-13 1:20 pm
- Mandatory fees for Neb. Bar Association slashed Updated: Dec-06-13 12:20 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers discuss school security funding Updated: Dec-05-13 1:47 pm
- Black ice causes I-80 pileup in western Nebraska Updated: Dec-05-13 8:04 am
- Lawmaker: ALEC peddling bills in Neb. Legislature Updated: Dec-04-13 6:21 pm
- Democrat Hassebrook promises bipartisan focus Updated: Dec-04-13 5:33 pm
- Spooner files to run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Dec-02-13 2:10 pm
- Neb. lawmaker launches Medicaid expansion petition Updated: Dec-02-13 11:58 am
- Nebraska patrol sees increasing marijuana arrests Updated: Nov-30-13 2:52 pm
- Police investigating explosive found in Hastings Updated: Nov-29-13 3:10 pm
- NE governors press Congress on heating oil program Updated: Nov-26-13 2:34 pm
- Nebraska Democrat Dubas quitting governor's race Updated: Nov-25-13 1:09 pm
- 5 apply for open seat in Nebraska Legislature Updated: Nov-22-13 6:58 pm
- Attorney who divulged info on ex-client suspended Updated: Nov-22-13 4:35 pm
- Neb. high court rejects appeal in ax murder case Updated: Nov-22-13 2:44 pm
- Neb. high court upholds Omahan's murder conviction Updated: Nov-22-13 11:48 am
- Names of Douglas County crash victims released Updated: Nov-22-13 9:41 am
- US Rep. Terry endorses Ricketts for Neb. governor Updated: Nov-21-13 1:42 pm
- Neb. Sen. Dubas to introduce property tax proposal Updated: Nov-20-13 4:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol will begin its holiday enforcement efforts later this week as part of a nationwide campaign designed to raise awareness of the dangers of drinking and driving.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman appointed a retired U.S. Air Force colonel to an open seat in the Nebraska Legislature on Wednesday, days after his first pick withdrew amid questions about his nonpayment of campaign finance fines.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning disclosed Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with colon cancer, but he said he was optimistic that a surgery scheduled for Thursday would remove the cancer.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers are looking to increase participation in Nebraska's state-sponsored college savings plan, which is disproportionately used by higher-income families.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents who suffer from a combination of intellectual, behavioral and mental health problems aren't always receiving state services that could help them, lawmakers were told at a hearing Monday.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Snow blanketed most of eastern Nebraska and Iowa this weekend, creating slick driving conditions and ensuring a cold start to the work week.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers would step into an ongoing dispute over the new Central Nebraska Veterans Home, if one state senator has his way.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Starting next year, Nebraska lawyers will not be forced to pay for lobbying and other programs run by the state bar association.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee is considering ways that districts could pay for more and better security at public schools in Nebraska.
MAXWELL, Nebraska - At least four people have been treated at a hospital after a pileup on ice-slickened Interstate 80 in western Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A state lawmaker who quit the American Legislative Exchange Council says the conservative group is pushing cookie-cutter bills in Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - With a clear path to the Democratic nomination for governor, Chuck Hassebrook is promising an agenda aimed at Nebraska voters from both parties.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A development associate for the Jewish Federation of Omaha has filed papers to run for the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska lawmaker has started an online petition to build support for a Medicaid expansion proposal that has stalled in the Legislature.
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol says it is seeing an increase in marijuana possession arrests since neighboring Colorado legalized it just over a year ago.
HASTINGS, Nebraska - State and local authorities are still investigating an explosive device that was found in a central Nebraska town on Thanksgiving.
BOSTON - A dozen U.S. governors, including those of all six New England states, are among those urging Congress to support a higher level of federal spending on a program that helps lower-income families and seniors cover their home heating costs.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Democrat Annette Dubas said Monday that she is dropping out of the 2014 Nebraska governor's race, citing family demands.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Five Sarpy County residents have applied for an open seat in the Nebraska Legislature.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has indefinitely suspended an Omaha attorney after she divulged incriminating information about a former client who had fired her from his criminal case.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday rejected an appeal for post-conviction relief by a Lincoln man serving life in prison for bludgeoning his mother to death with an ax.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has upheld the first-degree murder conviction of an 27-year-old Omaha man for the 2011 shooting death of another man.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities have released the names of two men who were killed in a pickup crash in eastern Nebraska.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska gubernatorial candidate Pete Ricketts has won the endorsement of U.S. Rep. Lee Terry.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state Sen. Annette Dubas, a candidate for governor, announced plans Wednesday to introduce a property-tax relief measure when lawmakers convene next year.