- Israel veterans group alleges Israeli misconduct in Gaza war Updated: May-04-15 2:11 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli group that collects testimonies from combat soldiers published accounts Monday from last year's Gaza war alleging indiscriminate fire killed Palestinian civilians.
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- UN: Israeli military killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters Updated: Apr-27-15 3:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. inquiry has found that at least 44 Palestinians were killed and at least 227 injured by direct mortar strikes and other "Israeli actions" while sheltering at U.N. locations during last year's Gaza war. The Palestinians said they would give the findings to the International Criminal Court.
- Global effort to help Nepal earthquake victims intensifies Updated: Apr-27-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - The desperate effort to save lives in earthquake-ravaged Nepal intensified Monday as aid flights arrived carrying emergency medical teams, search-and-rescue equipment and tarps for shelter.
- Israel says airstrike on Syrian border targeted militants Updated: Apr-26-15 5:55 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military said Sunday it launched an airstrike on its border with Syria after spotting militants carrying a bomb in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- Israeli soldier indicted for passing secrets to settlers Updated: Apr-13-15 1:01 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli soldier has been indicted on spying charges for relaying classified military information to extremist West Bank settlers suspected of involvement in attacks on Palestinians.
- Official: Israeli fire killed UN peacekeeper in January Updated: Apr-07-15 5:25 am
JERUSALEM - An Israeli security official says the Israeli military was responsible for the death of a Spanish U.N. peacekeeper during an outbreak of violence between Israel and Hezbollah militants on the tense Israel-Lebanon border in January.