- 1 dead after tree falls on I-80 outside Sacramento Updated: Mar-09-14 10:20 pm
- Calif. analysts doubt Highway Patrol aircraft need Updated: Mar-06-14 10:22 pm
- Interstate 580 reopens after investigation Updated: Feb-27-14 8:52 pm
- California court: Drivers can read cellphone maps Updated: Feb-27-14 8:07 pm
- Wrong-way driver rammed by officers on freeway Updated: Feb-24-14 2:06 pm
- California officers killed in crash remembered Updated: Feb-24-14 1:44 pm
- Son of former CHP official sentenced for rape Updated: Feb-19-14 2:18 pm
- Fallen Calif. Highway Patrol officers were friends Updated: Feb-18-14 2:47 am
- 2 Calif. Highway Patrol officers killed in crash Updated: Feb-17-14 8:14 pm
- Father sees family die in fiery California crash Updated: Feb-17-14 12:50 am
- Calif. father watches family killed in fiery crash Updated: Feb-16-14 1:20 pm
- 6 die in multi-car crash on S. California freeway Updated: Feb-09-14 11:33 pm
- CHP: Bicyclist hit, killed by car during event Updated: Feb-08-14 10:42 pm
VACAVILLE, California - The California Highway Patrol says one person was killed after a tree fell on a highway southwest of Sacramento.
LOS ANGELES - The California Highway Patrol's fleet of airplanes and helicopters may be getting old, but state lawmakers should not fund the purchase of replacements until the state police force justifies why it needs 26 new aircraft, according to the independent Legislative Analyst's Office.
HAYWARD, California - The California Highway Patrol has reopened Interstate Highway 580, which authorities had shut down during the investigation of a possible shooting.
FRESNO, California - Drivers in California can legally read a map on their hand-held cellphones while behind the wheel, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
NORWALK, California - A motorist who stopped his car on a Los Angeles-area freeway and started throwing things at passing traffic was arrested after he drove the wrong way in lanes and was rammed by two California Highway Patrol officers.
FRESNO, California - The memorial service is underway for two California Highway Patrol officers killed while responding to a crash south of Fresno.
FRESNO, California - The son of a former California Highway Patrol assistant chief has been given prison time for raping a woman at knifepoint, while his father and other family members could stand trial on allegations that they helped him flee to Mexico.
KINGSBURG, California - Two California Highway Patrol officers who died when their squad car flipped as they headed to an accident site were good friends and partners who trained together, the agency's chief said.
KINGSBURG, California - The California Highway Patrol was mourning the loss of two officers Monday after their squad car flipped over while responding to a multi-vehicle crash.
FRESNO, California - A central California man helplessly watched his wife and four young children perish in a fiery crash after trying unsuccessfully to rescue his family from the burning vehicle, authorities said Sunday.
FRESNO, California - A Fresno-area father watched his four children and their mother perish in a fiery crash and was injured as he tried to rescue them from the burning vehicle.
DIAMOND BAR, California - A wrong-way driver on a Southern California freeway was arrested Sunday after being accused of causing a pre-dawn crash that left six people dead, authorities said.
THERMAL, California - The California Highway Patrol says a bicyclist taking part in the Tour de Palm Springs has died after being hit by a vehicle.