- Democratic lawmakers say Idaho should ditch private prisons Updated: May-27-15 1:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Two Democratic state lawmakers want Idaho to sever all ties with private prison companies, and say they'll vigorously pursue legislation on the issue next year.
- Beef jerky comment gets northern Idaho lawmaker a whole case Updated: May-25-15 3:05 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho lawmaker's comment that she could go for days at a special session of the Legislature because she brought beef jerky has prompted a Washington state company to promise to send her a case.
- Idaho's part-time lawmakers return home to careers Updated: May-20-15 1:44 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's part-time lawmakers are headed back to their day jobs after wrapping up a rare one-day special legislative session Monday.
- Otter praises passage of child support enforcement bill Updated: May-19-15 6:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter praised lawmakers for successfully passing child support enforcement legislation during the Idaho Legislature's 11-hour special session.
- Legislators pass bill that had been nixed over Islamic law Updated: May-18-15 10:10 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Legislature approved federally mandated child support rules Monday, undoing a rejection that had jeopardized U.S. involvement in an international treaty and threatened to collapse the state's payment system.
- The Latest: Idaho lawmakers approve child-support bill Updated: May-18-15 9:28 pm
BOISE, Idaho - 7:15 (MDT)
- Idaho lawmakers headed back to Boise for special session Updated: May-16-15 10:58 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers are heading back to Boise on Monday to address failed legislation that has sent the state's child support enforcement and collection system into jeopardy.
- Idaho US Senator Mike Crapo to run for re-election in 2016 Updated: May-12-15 5:29 pm
BOISE, Idaho - U.S. Sen. Mike Crapo from Idaho has announced that he will be running for his fourth consecutive term in the Senate in 2016.
- Idaho lawmakers spend nearly $300,000 in travel expenses Updated: May-11-15 6:06 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho taxpayers footed a bill of nearly $250,000 to cover expenses for lawmakers traveling to and from Boise during the 2015 legislative session and another $50,000 for them to travel outside the state over the past fiscal year.
- Former northern Idaho lawmaker Henderson dies at 92 Updated: Apr-28-15 2:56 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Frank Henderson, a World War II Army veteran whose many years of public service included 10 years as a northern Idaho state representative, has died. He was 92.