- Bloc of Idaho lawmakers often vote 'no' on appropriations Updated: Apr-25-16 2:54 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Every year a bloc of lawmakers in the Idaho Legislature votes against billions of dollars in spending for routine functions of state government, and this year was no exception.
- BY THE NUMBERS: A look at the May primary legislative races Updated: Apr-23-16 2:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's primary election has long been considered the most competitive point for a candidate due to the state's overwhelming GOP stronghold in most elected offices.
- Tea party candidates vie for seats in Idaho primary election Updated: Apr-23-16 2:11 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The struggle inside the Republican establishment is once again raising its head in the battle over Idaho's most competitive legislative races in the May 17 primary election.
- Idaho clears final hurdle on paying legal bill in union case Updated: Apr-20-16 6:36 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter and other top Idaho elected officials have signed off on the final hurdle to pay a $280,000 legal bill using funds intended to help Idaho navigate state sovereignty conflicts with the federal government.
- Idaho governor signs bill, allows 4 measures to become law Updated: Apr-08-16 7:42 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter on Friday has signed a remaining piece of legislation into law, while allowing four others to become part of the state statute without his signature.
- Idaho governor vetoes Bible-related public school bill Updated: Apr-06-16 12:36 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Gov. C. L. "Butch" Otter vetoed legislation Tuesday that would have expressly permitted the use of the Bible in public school instruction, calling the measure unconstitutional.
- Otter vetoes funding bill to study Medicaid gap population Updated: Apr-05-16 7:01 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has vetoed a proposal that would have allocated $5.4 million for community health clinics to use to study the estimated 78,000 Idahoans who don't qualify for medical coverage.
- Tensions escalate between Idaho attorney general, lawmakers Updated: Apr-03-16 10:52 am
BOISE, Idaho - Mounting tensions between Idaho lawmakers and the Attorney General's office have revealed a political power struggle over whether the state's elected officials should be able to pursue legal opinions that match their own interests.
- AP FACT CHECK: Disputes in AG fight sometimes off the mark Updated: Apr-03-16 10:01 am
BOISE, Idaho - Words matter when it comes to legal battles. But in the fight between Idaho lawmakers and Attorney General Lawrence Wasden, it can be difficult navigating the multiple verbal barbs that have been recently lodged at the state's top legal officer.