- Utah man dies from plague in 4th fatal case in US this year Updated: Aug-27-15 3:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man in his 70s has died after contracting the plague, bringing to four the number of deaths from the disease reported in the United States this year, health officials said Thursday.
- Alaska has latest school start time in nation Updated: Aug-08-15 10:23 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska has the latest average school start time in the country, according to a report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Alaska averages latest school start time nationally Updated: Aug-07-15 2:58 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska's average school start time is later than the rest of the country.
- Hepatitis increasingly goes hand in hand with heroin abuse Updated: Aug-07-15 10:39 am
MACHIAS, Maine - Public health agencies and drug treatment centers nationwide are scrambling to battle an explosive increase in cases of hepatitis C, a scourge they believe stems at least in part from a surge in intravenous heroin use.
- Hospital: Patient has chicken pox, poses no health risk Updated: Aug-02-15 12:13 am
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky hospital locked down its emergency room for nine hours Saturday, after a patient arrived covered with sores and doctors feared a potential threat to the public's health.
- CDC's top modeler makes estimates and courts controversy Updated: Aug-01-15 12:37 pm
ATLANTA - Last fall, when Martin Meltzer calculated that 1.4 million people might contract Ebola in West Africa, the world paid attention.
- CDC says USD building can be occupied, recommends changes Updated: Jul-29-15 4:16 pm