- Agency: 19 people ill in E. coli outbreak tied to Costco Updated: Nov-24-15 5:15 pm
SEATTLE - Nineteen people in seven states, including Washington and California, have contracted E. coli in an outbreak linked to chicken salad bought at Costco, federal health officials said Tuesday.
- First Maine resident dies of Eastern Equine Encephalitis Updated: Nov-24-15 11:36 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention says a Maine resident has died of Eastern Equine Encephalitis, the first such death in state history.
- Health officials: Deadly 'kissing bug' reported in Georgia Updated: Nov-24-15 2:16 am
ATLANTA - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a deadly insect known as the "kissing bug" has made its way to Georgia.
- CDC: Don't let dengue outbreak change Hawaii travel plans Updated: Nov-20-15 8:56 pm
HONOLULU - The growing dengue fever outbreak on Hawaii's Big Island isn't a reason to cancel vacation plans to the Aloha State, an official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.
- E. coli outbreak linked to Chipotle expands to 6 states Updated: Nov-20-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - An outbreak of E. coli linked to Chipotle that originated in the Pacific Northwest has spread south and east and has now infected people in six states.
- CDC: US sexually transmitted disease epidemic worsening Updated: Nov-17-15 12:25 pm
CHICAGO - A U.S. sexually transmitted diseases epidemic is increasing and the most common infection, chlamydia, has risen to record levels, government officials say.
- Obesity still rising among US adults, women overtake men Updated: Nov-12-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Obesity is still rising among American adults, despite more than a decade of public-awareness campaigns and other efforts to get people to watch their weight, and women have now overtaken men in the obese category, new government research shows.
- CDC: More food poisoning outbreaks cross state lines Updated: Nov-03-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The government is reporting an increase in food poisoning outbreaks that span multiple states, like the one that this week prompted Chipotle to close 43 of its restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
- CDC researchers recommend efforts to reduce Wilmington crime Updated: Nov-03-15 12:57 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Federal researchers say increased collaboration and data sharing among Delaware social service agencies could help stem the tide of violent crime in Wilmington.
- Officials: Lyme disease becoming growing concern in state Updated: Nov-03-15 9:55 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Despite what the calendar says, Evan Conrad never goes into the woods without a liberal application of insect repellent.
- Many teen sex assault victims get subpar ER care, study says Updated: Nov-02-15 1:23 am
CHICAGO - Many sexually assaulted teens seeking emergency room care don't receive recommended tests and prevention treatments for pregnancy and venereal disease, according to a new study.
- Massachusetts had 2nd-highest number of fentanyl seizures Updated: Oct-27-15 7:52 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts had the second-highest number of seizures of the powerful narcotic fentanyl of any state in 2014.