- Indiana, private carrier ink deal for passenger rail Updated: Aug-02-15 4:49 pm
- Amtrak repairing tunnel cable, investigating power failures Updated: Jul-30-15 6:23 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Amtrak workers continued repairs Thursday on a 300-foot-long section of electrical cable in the railroad's tunnel under the Hudson River as officials work around them to determine what caused power failures last week that led to a series of delays for train travelers.
- NY Gov. Cuomo: Feds must contribute more for Hudson tunnels Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - New rail tunnels under the Hudson River are needed to reduce delays, but the expensive project won't work without a greater financial commitment from the federal government, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.
- Transportation Chief: 5 Airlines probed for price-gouging Updated: Jul-24-15 2:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said Friday the government has opened a price-gouging investigation involving five airlines that allegedly raised airfares in the Northeast after a deadly Amtrak crash in Philadelphia in May disrupted rail service.
- Gov't to require cameras in train cabs after Amtrak crash Updated: Jul-08-15 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration says it's drafting rules to require that railroads install video cameras inside locomotive cabs to record the actions of engineers.