- Feds tell Amtrak to raise planned Roanoke boarding platform Updated: Oct-07-15 8:15 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - The Federal Railroad Administration says the boarding platform at a planned Amtrak station in Roanoke is too low.
- Man struck, killed by Amtrak train near North Carolina State Updated: Oct-06-15 8:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh say a man was hit and killed by an Amtrak train near N.C. State University.
- The Latest: Diesel fuel disappeared after Vermont derailment Updated: Oct-06-15 4:36 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The latest on the derailment of an Amtrak train in Vermont (all times local):
- Passenger train derails in US, no critical injuries reported Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 pm
NORTHFIELD, Vermont - An Amtrak train headed from Vermont to Washington, D.C., on Monday hit rocks that had fallen onto the track from a ledge, spilling the locomotive and a passenger car down an embankment, derailing three other cars and injuring seven people, authorities said.
- US official: Hudson tunnel project needs clarity on scope Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Plans are moving ahead to build a new Hudson River rail tunnel and make other large-scale infrastructure improvements, but the lack of a final decision on the scope of the project is stalling further advances, the federal official overseeing the project said Thursday.
- Pedestrian fatally struck by Amtrak train in Delaware Updated: Sep-20-15 12:21 pm
- PennDOT asks about adding 2nd Harrisburg-Pittsburgh train Updated: Sep-17-15 12:25 pm
- No charges filed in connection with Amtrak crash in Virginia Updated: Sep-11-15 3:58 pm
- Amtrak train hits tractor-trailer in Virginia; none hurt Updated: Sep-10-15 5:33 pm
SKIPPERS, Virginia - An Amtrak train that travels between North Carolina and New York hit a tractor-trailer Thursday, splitting the trailer in half and leaving the driver with minor injuries, but no passengers or crew members on board were hurt, officials said.