- County votes to chip in on St. Paul-to-Chicago rail study Updated: Feb-11-16 7:09 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Ramsey County officials have voted to provide up to $300,000 for the study of a second daily round-trip train between St. Paul and Chicago.
- C&O Canal program puts park advocates aboard Amtrak trains Updated: Feb-11-16 4:46 am
- Amtrak, Illinois reach deal to maintain instate service Updated: Feb-06-16 4:06 am
- Big freight railroads to miss safety technology deadline Updated: Feb-03-16 12:30 am
WASHINGTON - Three of the biggest freight railroads operating in the U.S. have told the government they won't meet a 2018 deadline to start using safety technology intended to prevent accidents like the deadly derailment of an Amtrak train in Philadelphia last May.
- Amtrak engineer recalls opening throttle before fatal crash Updated: Feb-01-16 11:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The last thing Amtrak engineer Brandon Bostian remembers before last May's fatal crash in Philadelphia is pushing the throttle forward to pick up speed and then braking when he felt the train going too fast into a sharp curve, according to a transcript of his interview with federal accident investigators.
- NTSB: Amtrak engineer in fatal crash 'extremely cooperative' Updated: Feb-01-16 1:44 pm