- Signs of steady US economy: Rising pay and solid job market Updated: Nov-25-15 3:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans' pay is up, fewer people need unemployment aid, more are buying new homes and business spending is rebounding.
- Fund manager Q&A: USAA's Matt Freund defends holding cash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:05 am
NEW YORK - Sometimes the best choice is to make none at all, particularly when all the options look risky.
- Fed Chair Yellen defends Fed's low-rate policies Updated: Nov-23-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says while many savers have been frustrated by years of low interest rates, the rock-bottom rates were needed to boost the economy after the Great Recession.
- House approves GOP-led bill to boost Fed oversight Updated: Nov-19-15 3:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-controlled House approved a bill Thursday that supporters said would make the Federal Reserve more transparent and accountable, defying a veto threat.
- Minutes of meeting show Fed pondering December rate hike Updated: Nov-18-15 4:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve officials believed last month that the economic conditions needed to trigger the first interest rate hike in nearly a decade could "well be met" by their next meeting in December.
- As US prepares to hike rates, Europe could reap benefits Updated: Nov-18-15 7:03 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - In a high-stakes juncture for the global economy, the central banks of Europe and the United States are set to take opposing actions in December: the European Central Bank to cut rates, the Federal Reserve to raise them.
- Defending champ Czechs beat Russia in Fed Cup final Updated: Nov-15-15 2:43 pm
PRAGUE - Defending champion Czech Republic clinched its fourth Fed Cup title in five years after Karolina Pliskova and Barbora Strycova won the decisive doubles Sunday against the Russian pair of Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Elena Vesnina.
- Kvitova to open Fed Cup final against Pavlyuchenkova Updated: Nov-13-15 11:50 am
PRAGUE - Petra Kvitova will open the Fed Cup final against Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova when the defending champion Czech Republic faces Russia.
- Analysis: Cut, cut, cower - Lawmakers back down to uproar Updated: Nov-10-15 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan promises a big, bold agenda and says lawmakers won't shy from difficult choices. But several recent votes demonstrate Congress' continuing penchant for small ball and timidity - and the tendency of lawmakers to reverse course at the first tingle of political pain.
- Ex-Goldman Sachs worker pleads guilty in New York theft case Updated: Nov-05-15 6:23 pm
NEW YORK - A former Goldman Sachs employee pleaded guilty Thursday to obtaining confidential information from a one-time co-worker at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and distributing it to others at the investment bank.
- Business Highlights Updated: Nov-04-15 5:57 pm
- Trump: Fed keeping interest rates low to help Obama Updated: Nov-03-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Tuesday that the Federal Reserve is keeping interest rates low at the behest of President Barack Obama, a charge the White House disputed.
- US construction spending rises 0.6 percent in September Updated: Nov-02-15 11:58 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending rose 0.6 percent in September to the highest level since March 2008, pushed up by a surge in apartment building.
- Fed looks at way to shift big-bank losses to investors Updated: Oct-30-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - In their latest bid to reduce the chances of future taxpayer bailouts, federal regulators are proposing that the eight biggest U.S. banks build new cushions against losses that would shift the burden to investors.
- Fed official: Central bank has made no decision on rate hike Updated: Oct-30-15 3:27 pm
WASHINGTON - A voting member of the Federal Reserve cautioned Friday that the Fed has yet to decide when to raise interest rates even though it issued a statement this week that said a rate hike was possible in December.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Oct-30-15 10:03 am
All times are Eastern
- US paychecks rise at modest 0.6 percent pace in 3rd quarter Updated: Oct-30-15 8:47 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. workers' paychecks grew at a moderate rate over the summer, showing little sign of accelerating from the sluggish growth that has persisted since the recession ended.