- Yellen says she met with analyst but meeting not linked Updated: May-04-15 7:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on Monday disclosed that she met with a financial analyst at the center of an investigation into a possible leak of confidential interest-rate information. But she says the meeting occurred several months before the private Fed discussions at issue took place, and dealt with general economic matters.
- Spring awakening: US consumer spending rose in March Updated: Apr-30-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers boosted spending in March by the largest amount in four months, a hopeful sign that this key sector of the economy is reviving after a frigid winter.
- Why some trends sapping US growth may persist, others won't Updated: Apr-30-15 12:05 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy nearly stopped growing in the January-March quarter, squeezed by a combination of factors that will either fade (a harsh winter) or persist (a stronger dollar).
- Noting slower economy, Fed appears no closer to a rate hike Updated: Apr-29-15 5:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve downgraded its view of the U.S. economy Wednesday after a winter in which growth nearly froze. The Fed offered no sign that a rate increase might be coming soon.
- Bond fund giant Pimco hires Bernanke as adviser Updated: Apr-29-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Pimco has hired former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke as a senior adviser, the bond fund manager said Wednesday.
- TD Ameritrade warns about weak earnings as rates stay low Updated: Apr-21-15 2:16 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Online brokerage TD Ameritrade predicts its 2015 profits will be weak because regulators appear likely to keep interest rates low longer than expected.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Serena Williams at Fed Cup: 'Today was a big eye opener' Updated: Apr-19-15 1:20 pm
BRINDISI, Italy - Serena Williams thought she was ready for the clay-court season.
- Higher US gas prices sparked modest inflation in March Updated: Apr-17-15 10:31 am
WASHINGTON - Higher-priced gasoline slightly boosted consumer prices in March, a sign that some of the effects of cheaper oil are fading and that inflation may be edging up to healthier levels.
- REITs and rising rates: Pushing against conventional wisdom Updated: Apr-16-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Are real-estate mutual funds going to see a price drop?
- Fed survey finds US economy growing at moderate pace Updated: Apr-15-15 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy was growing at a moderate pace from mid-February through the end of March although the harsh winter, the rising value of the dollar and a big plunge in oil prices were having adverse effects on some industries, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday.
- More expensive gas lifts wholesale prices in March Updated: Apr-14-15 9:33 am
WASHINGTON - Higher gas costs drove up wholesale prices last month, ending a string of four straight declines.
- Federal banking official meets with Colorado pot shops Updated: Apr-09-15 6:04 pm
DENVER - A federal banking official took the unprecedented step Thursday of meeting with marijuana business owners.
- Fed minutes: Officials split widely on rate hike timing Updated: Apr-08-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Fed officials disagreed widely when they met last month on when they would be ready to lift interest rates from record lows.
- Ben Bernanke memoir will be titled 'The Courage to Act' Updated: Apr-08-15 12:18 pm
NEW YORK - The memoir by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will be called "The Courage to Act" and is coming out in October.
- Sharapova to play for Russia in Fed Cup against Germany Updated: Apr-08-15 10:52 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Tennis Federation has confirmed that Maria Sharapova will play for her country against Germany in the Fed Cup semifinals this month.
- M&T Bank and Hudson City deal delayed again Updated: Apr-06-15 11:58 am
NEW YORK - Hudson City said Monday that a proposed merger with M&T Bank has been delayed again.