- SpaceX mile-high escape test will feature 'Buster' the dummy Updated: May-01-15 2:32 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX is just days away from shooting up a crew capsule to test a launch escape system designed to save astronauts' lives.
- Doomsday at Mercury: NASA craft falls from orbit into planet Updated: Apr-30-15 5:20 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - The only spacecraft ever to orbit Mercury ended its four-year tour with a crash landing Thursday
- Space station astronauts get big screen, watch 'Gravity' Updated: Apr-29-15 3:51 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Space station astronauts have finally hit the big time, at least when it comes to the big screen.
- Russia's spinning cargo capsule for space station total loss Updated: Apr-29-15 12:22 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - A Russian supply capsule that went into an uncontrollable spin after launch was declared a total loss Wednesday, but astronauts at the International Space Station said they will get by without the delivery of fresh food, water, clothes and equipment.
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed Texas space race Updated: Apr-26-15 11:49 am
VAN HORN, Texas - An isolated edge of vast West Texas is home to a highly secretive part of the 21st-century space race, one of two being directed in the Lone Star State by Internet billionaires whose personalities and corporate strategies seem worlds apart.
- Start of dwarf planet mission delayed after small mix-up Updated: Apr-24-15 7:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - NASA said Friday observations of a dwarf planet have been delayed slightly after a communication glitch.
- NASA releases picture of starry fireworks for Hubble's 25th Updated: Apr-23-15 1:19 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - What better way to celebrate the Hubble Space Telescope's quarter-century in orbit than with cosmic fireworks?
- Hubble Space Telescope marking 25th anniversary in orbit Updated: Apr-21-15 5:07 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - One of NASA's crowning glories, the Hubble Space Telescope, marks its 25th anniversary this week.
- Spacecraft circling Mercury will crash into planet April 30 Updated: Apr-16-15 4:09 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - After years of orbiting Mercury, NASA's Messenger spacecraft will crash into the planet at the end of this month.
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program Updated: Apr-09-15 4:37 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Officials say a Wichita elementary school will be the first in the nation to launch a NASA-inspired space program.
- Ala. space center given NASA small business award Updated: Apr-07-15 7:55 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville has been presented with an award for its work with small businesses by NASA Administrator Charles Bolden.
- Students from Michigan shop class make space station parts Updated: Apr-06-15 4:34 pm
BEDFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Members of a southeastern Michigan shop class are making parts for the International Space Station under a NASA program.