- War of words in Northwestern-athletes' union fight Updated: Apr-17-14 1:58 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- UAW subpoenas Haslam, Corker in VW challenge Updated: Apr-09-14 9:28 pm
- Northwestern QB says union push was rushed, wrong Updated: Apr-09-14 5:41 pm
- Wildcats' Fitzgerald urges 'no' vote on union Updated: Apr-05-14 8:41 pm
- Nissan settles worker's labor practice charge Updated: Apr-03-14 5:43 pm
- Will college athletes unionize? A query for NLRB Updated: Mar-29-14 4:47 pm
- Family plays key role in Colter's union push Updated: Mar-28-14 7:54 pm
- Questions, answers about college union ruling Updated: Mar-26-14 11:58 pm
- Reaction to ruling on college athletes' union Updated: Mar-26-14 9:26 pm
- Backers of college athlete unions laud ruling Updated: Mar-26-14 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Northwestern University and a group trying to unionize college athletes are trading accusations as the National Labor Relations Board considers the school's appeal of a federal ruling that scholarship athletes essentially are employees of the university and therefore have the right to unionize, bargain collectively and even strike.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers has issued subpoenas to U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, Gov. Bill Haslam and 18 other officials as part of a challenge of a vote rejecting union representation at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga.
Northwestern's Trevor Siemian said Wednesday it was wrong for former quarterback Kain Colter and other players to explore unionization without first taking their concerns to their coach and administrators.
EVANSTON, Illinois - Northwestern football coach Pat Fitzgerald sided with his university against the formation of a players union in his first public comments Saturday, repeating what he already told his team: "I believe it's in their best interests to vote no."
JACKSON, Mississippi - Nissan Motor Co. says it has settled an unfair labor practice charge with a pro-union worker at its assembly plant in Canton, Mississippi
WASHINGTON - The five-member regulatory board that will ultimately decide if Northwestern University football players can unionize has itself been in the middle of a firestorm.
CHICAGO - Kain Colter's grandmother often spoke about rights and equality, values she brought home from her job managing an office of a Colorado law firm.
A regional director of the National Labor Relations Board ruled Tuesday that Northwestern football players could unionize. Does that mean some players will be able to organize and get better health care and academic support? Or does it spell the end of college sports as we know it? The AP takes a look at all sides of the issue.
Reaction to the ruling by a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board that football players at Northwestern University can create the nation's first union of college athletes.
CHICAGO - Backers of an effort to unionize Northwestern University football players are praising a federal agency's landmark ruling.