- NTSB member Sumwalt to deliver speech on emerging technology Updated: Aug-26-15 4:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A member of the National Transportation Safety Board is addressing an aerospace industry conference in South Carolina.
- Controller sent pilot who died in NY crash to closed airport Updated: Aug-24-15 5:25 pm
MINEOLA, New York - An air traffic controller directed a pilot having trouble with his plane to a landing strip that no longer existed at a closed airport before the aircraft crashed at a nearby railroad crossing, killing him, according to a preliminary accident report released Monday.
- BNSF asks for delay in lawsuit over Casselton derailment Updated: Aug-24-15 3:59 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A civil lawsuit against BNSF by an engineer who was at the helm during a train derailment near Casselton nearly two years ago should be put on hold until it can be determined whether a broken axel was the cause of the fiery crash, a lawyer for the railway said Monday.
- Plane crashes on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula, killing 2 men Updated: Aug-23-15 4:19 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two men died Saturday night when a small plane crashed on the Kenai Peninsula, said Alaska State Troopers.
- Fire chief criticizes CSX over 2014 Virginia derailment Updated: Aug-21-15 6:20 pm
The fire official who led the response to a 2014 oil train derailment in Lynchburg, Virginia, criticized CSX Transportation, saying it took two hours for the company's representative to arrive at a command post after the wreck.
- Pilot error cited in deadly crash at Lake Placid Airport Updated: Aug-20-15 3:07 am
LAKE PLACID, New York - Federal officials say pilot error caused the deadly crash of a single-engine plane last summer in the Adirondack Mountains.
- Emergency response overhaul sought after Tracy Morgan crash Updated: Aug-12-15 6:06 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal safety officials who reviewed a highway crash that badly injured comedian Tracy Morgan and killed a friend were sharply critical of the emergency response to it and are urging the state to establish minimum standards, but prior efforts at reform have failed.
- Driver fatigue cited as cause of crash that injured comedian Updated: Aug-11-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A Wal-Mart truck driver who hadn't slept in 28 hours failed to slow down despite posted warning signs and was responsible for a highway crash last year that severely injured comedian Tracy Morgan and killed another comedian, the National Transportation Safety Board said Tuesday.
- Lawsuits over 2013 reality show helicopter crash settled Updated: Aug-11-15 12:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Lawsuits over a 2013 helicopter crash that killed three men during the filming of a reality television show for the Discovery Channel have been settled, court records show.
- Feds cite carburetor problem in Harrison Ford plane crash Updated: Aug-06-15 9:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - A problem with a carburetor part led to engine failure and the crash of a vintage airplane piloted by actor Harrison Ford in California earlier this year, federal investigators said Thursday.
- 1 year later, paralyzed ex-pilot recalls helicopter crash Updated: Aug-02-15 1:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - He remembers hearing the helicopter's engine whine strangely, suddenly losing power, and how his last words were "oh no" before everything turned black.
- NY senator calls for upgrades in stretch limo standards Updated: Aug-02-15 5:52 am
NEW YORK - Sen. Charles Schumer is urging federal officials to take action to address gaps in safety standards for stretch limousines after four women were killed in a crash on Long Island.
- NTSB: No reported problems at takeoff for plane that crashed Updated: Jul-30-15 2:20 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The small plane that crashed during a scheduled commuter flight bound for the southeast Alaska community of Hoonah earlier this month took off with no reported problems, according to a preliminary report on the incident.