- Texas air ambulance resumes after nurse falls to her death Updated: May-05-15 7:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas air ambulance service is returning to the air more than a week after one of its flight nurses fell to her death from a helicopter hoist.
- Authorities: Pilot error caused fatal 2013 plane crash Updated: May-05-15 12:20 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Pilot error likely caused the 2013 crash of a small plane in western Colorado that killed two passengers and the pilot.
- NTSB: Train worker likely to survive if he hadn't jumped Updated: Apr-29-15 6:40 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Officials say a crew member who was aboard a freight train that struck a parked train in New Mexico probably would have survived if he had not jumped from the train right before impact.
- Chicago transit agency blamed for airport train derailment Updated: Apr-28-15 3:01 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago's transit agency shares in the blame for an accident last year in which a driver fell asleep and crashed a commuter train into a platform and up an escalator at O'Hare airport, federal investigators concluded Tuesday. And they warned that, without changes, a similar accident could happen elsewhere.
- Investigators release records of fiery Casselton derailment Updated: Apr-27-15 9:49 pm
Federal investigators have released hundreds of pages of records that offer new insight into the moments just before and after a 2013 oil train derailment near Casselton, North Dakota, that created a massive fire and forced 1,400 people to evacuate for several days.
- NTSB releases documents in fatal Alaska crash investigation Updated: Apr-23-15 8:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska commuter airline routinely failed to follow its own risk assessment plan in the days leading up to a crash that killed four people outside the village of St. Mary's, according to documents released Thursday by the National Transportation Safety Board.
- NTSB: Pilot suicide cause of small plane crash near Denver Updated: Apr-22-15 8:50 pm
DENVER - Investigators say a man who was killed in a small plane crash in Adams County intentionally slammed the aircraft into the ground after his wife told him she wanted a divorce.
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Pleasanton plane crash Updated: Apr-11-15 1:46 pm
PLEASANTON, Kansas - A deadly crash last month at a private east-central Kansas airstrip happened soon after a small kit-built plane took off, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a preliminary report.
- NTSB: Plane climbed, turned in unexpectedly before crash Updated: Apr-08-15 7:28 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A National Transportation Safety Board investigator says a private plane that crashed in central Illinois early Tuesday, killing seven, climbed and turned in an unexpected direction before plunging into a farm field.
- NTSB: Full flight checks rare for pilots in crash killing 7 Updated: Apr-08-15 5:57 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Pilots employed by Philadelphia Inquirer co-owner Lewis Katz rarely conducted full preflight checks before taking off in his private jet, and didn't do so the night it crashed and killed seven people, according to documents made public Wednesday.
- US safety board: Oil train tank cars need urgent upgrades Updated: Apr-06-15 8:40 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Tank cars carrying oil or ethanol by rail urgently need to be retrofitted or replaced to make them more fire-resistant after a spate of explosive accidents in recent months revealed the shortcomings of voluntary industry standards, U.S. safety officials said Monday.