- Gov. Scott's wealth grew after spending millions on campaign Updated: Jul-01-15 2:02 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott, a multi-millionaire former businessman who dipped into his own fortune last year to help his re-election campaign, continues to get wealthier.
- Government review taking place of bio tech plant, others Updated: Jun-26-15 2:49 pm
NEWPORT, Vermont - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is reviewing Jay Peak Resort projects that have investors from other countries, including hotels and a planned biotech facility in Newport, Vermont.
- State Street gets notice of possible SEC lawsuit Updated: Jun-18-15 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - Financial services firm State Street said it received notice that the Securities and Exchange Commission may accuse it of violating securities laws in its efforts to win business from public retirement plans.
- As president, Bush would face entanglements from board roles Updated: Jun-18-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's deep dive into corporate America, where he served on the boards or as an adviser to more than a dozen companies, could trigger complications for him if he wins the White House.
- Former BankRI official charged in insider trading lawsuit Updated: Jun-08-15 3:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday filed a lawsuit against a former Rhode Island bank official and three of his associates, accusing them of insider trading in connection with the bank's 2011 acquisition.
- Computer Sciences paying $190M to settle SEC fraud charges Updated: Jun-05-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Computer Sciences Corp. is paying a $190 million penalty and a former CEO is returning $3.7 million in compensation to resolve federal regulators' charges of accounting fraud involving an important foreign contract.
- Bogus buyout offer for Avon, other companies spurs SEC suit Updated: Jun-04-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - Federal regulators say a Bulgarian man was part of a scheme to manipulate the stocks of Avon Products and two other companies by issuing fake takeover offers.