- Clarification: Pimco-SEC story Updated: Aug-04-15 2:46 pm
NEW YORK - In a story Aug. 3, The Associated Press reported that the investment management company Pimco said the Securities and Exchange Commission may take legal action against its total return fund. The story should have made clear that the inquiry involves only Pimco's Total Return Active Exchange Traded Fund.
- Houston businessman charged with running Ponzi scheme Updated: Aug-03-15 4:16 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston-area businessman charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission with defrauding investors of $114 million through a Ponzi scheme has agreed to return allegedly ill-gotten gains with interest.
- Mead Johnson paying $12M to settle US bribery charges Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Mead Johnson has agreed to pay $12 million to settle federal civil charges that its Chinese subsidiary bribed hospital professionals to recommend its infant formula to new or expecting mothers who were patients.
- 2 men arrested in Israel on US charges in stock spam scam Updated: Jul-21-15 8:22 pm
NEW YORK - Two men were arrested Tuesday in Israel and a third was being sought after a New York indictment accused them of trying to cheat millions of people in a stock spam scam.
- Tribe's partner in marijuana venture faces fiscal challenges Updated: Jul-15-15 5:29 pm
FLANDREAU, South Dakota - When the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe announced an agreement with an outside business for advice on how to grow and sell marijuana on its land, it touted the consultant's experience advising other groups on the topic and that it's a publicly traded company.
- Fake story on buyout sends Twitter stock briefly higher Updated: Jul-14-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter's stock briefly spiked on Tuesday after a fake story said the short messaging service received a $31 billion buyout offer.