- Reds SS Cozart out with sore knee, RH Homer Bailey idled Updated: May-02-16 4:38 pm
- Giants call up Mac Williamson with Angel Pagan injured Updated: May-02-16 4:20 pm
- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 2:38 am
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.
- Kershaw: 3-hitter, 14 Ks, RBI single, Dodgers top Pads 1-0 Updated: May-01-16 9:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers desperately needed a stopper to end their six-game losing streak. Up stepped Clayton Kershaw, with his arm and bat.
- Tim Lincecum to pitch for clubs Friday in comeback bid Updated: May-01-16 9:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Two-time NL Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum will pitch for major league clubs in a showcase event Friday as he attempts to make a comeback from hip surgery last year.
- Pomeranz gives up RBI single to Kershaw, Padres fan 14 times Updated: May-01-16 9:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drew Pomeranz did just fine for the San Diego Padres, giving up just three hits over seven innings.
- Arenado hits 11th, Parra homers as Rockies sweep Arizona Updated: May-01-16 9:17 pm
PHOENIX - Nolan Arenado has a power-hitting rookie for a teammate who has grabbed a lot of the headlines for the Colorado Rockies this season. Of course, Arenado's performance has been praise-worthy as well.
- Bumgarner stops Mets' win streak at 8 with 6-1 victory Updated: May-01-16 8:35 pm
NEW YORK - When Madison Bumgarner pitches at Citi Field, he gets World Series-type results.
- Miami's 7-game win streak snapped with 14-5 loss to Brewers Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Tom Koehler felt humiliated after getting shelled by the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Long ball beats Martinez as Cards get swept by Nats, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 8:00 pm
ST. LOUIS - Two pitches turned what looked to be another gem by Carlos Martinez into his first subpar performance of the season.
- Pirates make 4 errors, 6-game win streak ends, fall to Reds Updated: May-01-16 7:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - Despite three late comebacks, the Pirates' chances of extending their winning streak couldn't endure some shoddy defense.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Schebler, Reds end 6-game skid, beat Pirates in 11th Updated: May-01-16 7:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Schebler's first turn at deciding the game didn't stick. So he did it again.
- 3 more SBs off Syndergaard lead to end of Mets' win streak Updated: May-01-16 7:24 pm
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard is making the New York Mets see double, and that's not good.
- Brewers beat Miami 14-5 to snap Marlins' 7-game win streak Updated: May-01-16 7:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - When Chris Carter gets in a slump, he tries to forget about the past.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Indians waste Salazar's solid effort, lose 2-1 to Phillies Updated: May-01-16 6:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - One run short once again.
- Velasquez, bullpen help Phillies beat Indians 2-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - So much for rebuilding.
- Oops: Braves' transaction miscue leaves them short a player Updated: May-01-16 1:34 pm
- Dodgers end April with 6-game skid, tie for NL West lead Updated: May-01-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers ended April with a six-game losing streak, and yet still find themselves tied for the division lead despite an offense that has sputtered badly under first-year manager Dave Roberts.
- Simon struggles again as Reds lose sixth straight game Updated: May-01-16 12:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Cincinnati signed Alfredo Simon as a free agent during spring training hoping he could recapture the magic of 2014 he won 15 games for the Reds and pitched in the All-Star Game.
- Martinez expected to start Sunday Updated: May-01-16 12:47 am
- Anderson hit hard in Marlins 7-5 win over Brewers Updated: Apr-30-16 11:54 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee's starting pitchers have given the Brewers little chance of winning games.
- Cain's winless streak reaches 12, Giants lose to Mets 6-5 Updated: Apr-30-16 9:11 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Matt Cain found his rhythm, it was too late.