- Passed balls cost A's in 6-4 loss to Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-29-15 3:02 am
PHOENIX - Stephen Vogt couldn't do anything more than feel terrible about his two passed balls in one inning, mistakes that cost the Oakland Athletics the lead in their latest loss.
- Cardinals rally, lose in ninth on Tomlinson winning single Updated: Aug-29-15 2:17 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Michael Wacha is never surprised that the St. Louis Cardinals find a way to come back even if behind big early.
- Hammel walks 5 in Cubs' 4-1 loss to Dodgers in series opener Updated: Aug-29-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Jason Hammel eagerly anticipated matching up against Clayton Kershaw. The Cubs' right-hander was holding his own through the first five innings while the Dodgers' ace was rolling through Chicago's lineup.
- Tomlinson lines game-winning single as Giants beat Cardinals Updated: Aug-29-15 2:02 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Rookie Kelby Tomlinson has been called upon out of necessity for the injury-plagued Giants, and he keeps delivering. Veteran Marlon Byrd has been called upon for big moments like this down the stretch, and is doing his part since coming to San Francisco this month in a trade from the Cincinnati Reds.
- Kershaw strikes out 14 in Dodgers' 4-1 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-29-15 1:41 am
LOS ANGELES - There's no personal statistic that impresses Clayton Kershaw much, including leading the major leagues with 236 strikeouts.
- Mets' 7-game winning ends, Red Sox win 6-4 in 10 innings Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 am
NEW YORK - If this had been a playoff game, New York Mets manger Terry Collins would have let Matt Harvey pitch one more inning. But it wasn't, so he took his ace out after the sixth.
- Goldschmidt homers in Diamondbacks' 6-4 win over A's Updated: Aug-29-15 12:56 am
PHOENIX - Pinch-hitter Aaron Hill's double produced the go-ahead run in the seventh inning off Oakland ace Sonny Gray, Paul Goldschmidt homered and the Arizona Diamondbacks rallied for a 6-4 victory over the Athletics on Friday night.
- Swihart hits inside-the-park HR in 10th, Bosox end Mets' run Updated: Aug-29-15 12:41 am
NEW YORK - Boston Red Sox rookie catcher Blake Swihart will tell you that he's never hit an inside-the-park home run, even if the record books now reflect the contrary.
- Reds offense sputters again in loss to Brewers Updated: Aug-29-15 12:31 am
MILWAUKEE - The Cincinnati Reds wasted another strong performance from rookie Raisel Iglesias.
- Williams Perez struggles, Braves crushed by Yankees 15-4 Updated: Aug-29-15 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Jonny Gomes charged off the mound in the ninth inning with his arm raised, as if he had just closed out a win.
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles Updated: Aug-29-15 12:11 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels delivered the type of performance the Texas Rangers hoped to get when they traded for him.
- Barraclough escapes jam, Marlins win 4-3 over Nationals Updated: Aug-28-15 11:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Miami Marlins rookie reliever Kyle Barraclough will quickly earn the trust of his manager with escapes like the one he pulled Friday night.
- Rookie Gray battles but Rockies fall to Pirates 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - The kid gloves are just about ready to come off Jon Gray. Good idea. At this point it's all the Colorado Rockies rookie pitcher can do to keep from tearing them apart.
- Gregorius has 6 RBIs, Yankees roll to 15-4 win over Braves Updated: Aug-28-15 11:46 pm
ATLANTA - Didi Gregorius and Brian McCann combined to give the New York Yankees' lineup a much-needed boost.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- Harrison RBI single lifts Pirates over Rockies 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco saw one of the fastest players in baseball standing at third and knew there was little margin for error.
- Nationals fall behind early, lose to Marlins 4-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Martin Prado and Marcell Ozuna homered off Washington starter Max Scherzer, and the Miami Marlins built a three-run lead and held on to beat the Nationals 4-3 on Friday night.
- Jungmann, Santana lead Brewers over Reds Updated: Aug-28-15 11:16 pm
- Nola, Rupp lead Phillies past Padres Updated: Aug-28-15 11:02 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Aaron Nola had a little extra motivation to shut down the San Diego Padres.
- Kennedy, Padres fall to Phillies, 7-1 Updated: Aug-28-15 10:56 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ian Kennedy continued to pitch well in August, but the Padres' offense couldn't generate enough offense to back him.
- Cardinals put closer Trevor Rosenthal on paternity list Updated: Aug-28-15 10:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was put on the paternity leave list Friday as the club opened a weekend series at San Francisco.
- Dodgers' Yasiel Puig lands on DL with strained hamstring Updated: Aug-28-15 9:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers put Yasiel Puig on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, the same injury that sidelined him earlier in the season.
- Giants put RHP Cain on 15-day DL with elbow nerve irritation Updated: Aug-28-15 8:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants right-hander Matt Cain has gone on the 15-day disabled list with irritation in his pitching elbow and received a cortisone injection to help it calm down.
- Yankees 1B Teixeira still can't run, doesn't start vs Braves Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira is still out of the lineup while he deals with a bruised right shin.
- Justin Morneau set to begin rehab assignment Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
DENVER - Colorado Rockies first baseman Justin Morneau, who's missed most of the season with a neck injury and concussion symptoms, begins a minor league rehab assignment with the Double-A New Britain Rock Cats on Friday night.