- Iwakuma can't get out of 6th, Mariners lose to Diamondbacks Updated: Jul-29-15 3:10 am
SEATTLE - Hisashi Iwakuma pitched well for five innings, then couldn't get out of the sixth.
- Godley, Peralta lead Diamondbacks past Mariners, 8-4 Updated: Jul-29-15 2:43 am
SEATTLE - Rookie right-hander Zack Godley wasn't as dominant as his first time out. With the help of timely hitting and solid defense, he was good enough.
- Kang's homer sends Pirates to 8-7 win over Twins Updated: Jul-29-15 2:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Jung Ho Kang is enjoying the spotlight in the major leagues and showing the Pittsburgh Pirates just what they hoped when they brought him over from South Korea.
- Giants miss chance to move into first place in NL West Updated: Jul-29-15 1:53 am
- Dodgers can't touch Gray in 3rd straight loss, 2-0 to A's Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 am
LOS ANGELES - Sonny Gray's masterful pitching and Justin Turner's mysterious leg infection combined to ruin another homecoming for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Wily Peralta returns for Brewers and shuts down Giants Updated: Jul-29-15 1:38 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Wily Peralta hoped his strong rehab starts would carry right over into his big league return, and he delivered quite a performance in his first outing in more than two months. He only had to guard against his Adrenalin being too high.
- Sonny Gray throws 3-hitter, Oakland A's beat Dodgers 2-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - With every pitch in a masterful three-hitter, Sonny Gray reminded the Oakland Athletics that their season is far from finished after a tumultuous few days.
- Beeler struggles after call-up in Cubs' 7-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Uncertainly on the back end of their starting rotation has been a problem for the Chicago Cubs. Dallas Beeler showed he's not the solution.
- Perkins falters again as Pirates beat Twins 8-7 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Now it's Glen Perkins who is having trouble getting outs.
- Padres blanked again, Syndergaard dominates as Mets win 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 am
NEW YORK - Justin Upton and the San Diego Padres became the first major league team to face Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard more than once.
- LeMahieu helps Rockies win 1st game after Tulowitzki trade Updated: Jul-29-15 12:38 am
CHICAGO - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss expected his team would rebound less than 24 hours after taking a tough loss and trading away their star shortstop.
- Syndergaard dominates, Mets hit 2 homers to beat Padres 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:14 am
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard had the fans on their feet and the Padres in the palm of his hand. With one pinpoint pitch after another, he nearly turned a sour day for the New York Mets into a thrilling night at Citi Field.
- One pitch hurts Garcia in Cardinals' 4-0 loss to Reds Updated: Jul-29-15 12:11 am
ST. LOUIS - Back from a long stint on the disabled list, Jaime Garcia matched zeroes with Mike Leake for five innings. One pitch doomed the St. Louis Cardinals lefty.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Votto's shot, Leake's arm pace Reds past Cardinals 4-0 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - If that was Mike Leake's final turn in the rotation with the Cincinnati Reds, he ended with a flourish.
- Teheran stumbles again on road as Braves lose to Orioles 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:41 pm
BALTIMORE - Playing on the road is a losing proposition for the Atlanta Braves these days, especially with Julio Teheran on the mound.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Davis hits 2 HRs, has 5 RBIs as Orioles beat Braves 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:14 pm
BALTIMORE - With the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, the Baltimore Orioles appear poised to be buyers instead of sellers.
- After trading Papelbon, Phillies beat Blue Jays 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:03 pm
TORONTO - Dependable pitching was no problem for the Philadelphia Phillies in their first game after trading All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon to Washington.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:54 pm
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:47 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez tried to hide from Miami manager Dan Jennings in the dugout after the sixth inning, desperate to find any way to stay in the game.
- With Troy Tulowitzki traded, could Carlos Gonzalez be next? Updated: Jul-28-15 9:44 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki is gone. Carlos Gonzalez might be next. Maybe even just-acquired Jose Reyes.
- Dodgers' Turner goes to emergency room with leg infection Updated: Jul-28-15 9:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner went to an emergency room Tuesday for treatment on a pimple on his leg that turned into an infection.
- Mets' Syndergaard loses bid for perfect game on hit in 7th Updated: Jul-28-15 9:02 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard has lost his bid for a perfect game when Will Venable singled on the first pitch of the seventh inning.
- Rockies call up 2 relievers, shortstop to round out roster Updated: Jul-28-15 8:56 pm