- Oklahoma lawmakers look at consolidating law enforcement Updated: Sep-05-15 9:22 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Facing the prospect of another budget shortfall next year, Oklahoma lawmakers are looking for ways to make state law enforcement agencies more efficient by consolidating services and resources to better control costs.
- Interstate 40 westbound closed near Oklahoma City Updated: Sep-04-15 5:08 pm
DEL CITY, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says Interstate 40 westbound in Del City on the eastern edge of Oklahoma City is closed because of bales of hay on a trailer are burning.
- Man shot by Oklahoma trooper out of hospital, in jail Updated: Sep-04-15 4:56 pm
PERRY, Oklahoma - A man shot by an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper while leading law officers on a vehicle chase has been released from a Tulsa hospital and booked into the Noble County jail.
- Tulsa man drowns in Fort Gibson Lake Updated: Aug-31-15 2:16 am
FORT GIBSON, Oklahoma - A Tulsa man has drowned in Fort Gibson Lake after going under water and never resurfacing.
- Arraignment delayed for ex-trooper accused of sexual assault Updated: Aug-25-15 2:44 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A man accused of sexually assaulting three women during traffic stops when he was an Oklahoma state trooper asked Tuesday for some charges against him to be dismissed.
- Motorcyclist from Glencoe killed in crash near Stillwater Updated: Aug-23-15 1:37 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Glencoe man was killed when the motorcycle he was riding crashed on Highway 51 just east of Stillwater.
- Motorcyclist killed when struck head-on by wrong way driver Updated: Aug-23-15 11:19 am
CATOOSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a motorcyclist was killed when he was struck by a car being driven westbound in the eastbound lanes of U.S. Highway 412 near Catoosa.
- Fort Worth, Texas, officer drowns while diving in Oklahoma Updated: Aug-22-15 3:40 pm
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Fort Worth, Texas, police officer has drowned while scuba diving in Lake Murray.
- Driver who killed Oklahoma trooper pleads guilty in the case Updated: Aug-22-15 12:30 pm
WEWOKA, Oklahoma - A Cushing man who struck two Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers while driving on Interstate 40 has pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter.
- Texas man drowns in Mountain Fork River in McCurtain County Updated: Aug-20-15 4:01 am
IDABEL, Oklahoma - A Texas man's body has been found in the Mountain Fork River in McCurtain County.
- US court orders hearing for Oklahoma man sentenced to death Updated: Aug-19-15 6:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man sentenced to death for fatally shooting a state trooper deserves a hearing to determine whether his attorneys adequately defended him during the trial's penalty phase, an appeals court ruled Wednesday.
- Eufaula man killed in McIntosh County accident Updated: Aug-18-15 9:32 am
EUFAULA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Eufaula man was killed when he was thrown from a pickup truck that left a roadway in McIntosh County and struck a tree.
- Body found inside burned car in southwestern Oklahoma Updated: Aug-17-15 8:55 am
WILLOW, Oklahoma - Authorities say a body has been found inside a burned car in southwestern Oklahoma.
- Rattan man killed in single-vehicle crash Updated: Aug-16-15 5:37 pm
RATTAN, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a 19-year-old Rattan man has been killed in a single-vehicle crash in Pushmataha County.
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol dive team finds missing man in lake Updated: Aug-16-15 4:13 pm
EUFAULA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma Highway Patrol dive team has found the body of a man missing in Lake Eufaula.
- 3 teenagers killed in eastern Oklahoma crash Updated: Aug-15-15 4:20 pm
SHADY POINT, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says three teenagers were killed and two others were critically injured when the pickup truck they were in crashed while being pursued by police in the Le Flore County town of Shady Point.
- Claremore man dies in 2-vehicle collision in Rogers County Updated: Aug-08-15 2:34 pm
OWASSO, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a 37-year-old Claremore man has been killed in a two-vehicle collision in Rogers County.
- Newalla man killed when watercraft crashes on Lake Eufaula Updated: Aug-06-15 9:07 am
EUFAULA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a 23-year-old Newalla man died after the watercraft he was riding on Lake Eufaula crashed into a tree along the shoreline.