- Voter registration, litigation focus of "Moral March" Updated: Feb-13-16 4:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leaders of an annual march and rally to press for what they call progressive policies in North Carolina urged demonstrators Saturday to register voters and help them overcome hurdles at the ballot box, including photo ID.
- The Latest: Barber says civil rights movement will win Updated: Feb-13-16 2:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on the annual "Moral March on Raleigh," held Saturday in downtown Raleigh (all times local):
- Civil rights activist keynoting Orangeburg Massacre event Updated: Feb-08-16 4:00 am
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - Civil rights activist the Rev. Joseph Darby is the keynote speaker at a South Carolina State University observance of the Orangeburg Massacre.
- Former Missouri governor appointed to NAACP committee Updated: Feb-04-16 12:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Former Missouri Gov. Bob Holden is the newest member of the executive committee for the state NAACP.
- The Latest: Trial over on North Carolina voter ID lawsuits Updated: Feb-01-16 4:43 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The latest on a federal trial over North Carolina's law requiring voters to provide a picture ID to cast a ballot. (all times local):
- Racial disparities seen in police stun gun use Updated: Jan-27-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officers who drew their stun guns on the job last year were more likely to fire when the suspect was black or Hispanic, according to a first-of-its-kind set of statistics that could stoke the nation's debate over race and police use of force.
- The Latest: 1st witness testimony heard at voter ID trial Updated: Jan-25-16 1:21 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The Latest on a federal trial going on challenging North Carolina's new photo identification requirement to vote (all times local):
- With Confederate flag gone, King Day rally shifts focus Updated: Jan-19-16 1:35 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - For the first time in 17 years, civil rights leaders gathered Monday at the South Carolina Statehouse to pay homage to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. without the Confederate flag casting a long shadow over them.
- The Latest: Thousands line South LA streets for parade Updated: Jan-19-16 12:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on rallies, marches and speeches honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. (all times local):
- Dozens in Little Rock celebrate King without mention of Lee Updated: Jan-18-16 5:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Dozens of residents gathered for events throughout Little Rock Monday celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day from the annual "marade" - march and parade- to a day of service at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.