- Senate passes Medicaid legislative approval bill Updated: Mar-06-14 6:53 pm
- Senate leaders threaten UT funding over Sex Week Updated: Mar-05-14 6:38 pm
- Haslam stands by own anti-meth proposal in House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:38 pm
- School voucher bill advances in Tenn. House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:26 pm
- Tenn. lawmakers look at in-state tuition changes Updated: Mar-04-14 7:08 pm
- Haslam's free tuition proposal advancing in House Updated: Mar-04-14 5:40 pm
- Drug companies spend millions to lobby lawmakers Updated: Mar-04-14 10:20 am
- Sponsor puts off change to US Senate nominations Updated: Mar-04-14 4:04 am
- Bill to protect outdoorsmen from drones Updated: Feb-27-14 12:04 pm
- Petition seeks to preserve Common Core in Tenn. Updated: Feb-25-14 7:23 pm
- Wedding services bill dead this session Updated: Feb-18-14 9:01 pm
- Bill would make Tenn. time uniform Updated: Feb-18-14 9:10 am
- Tenn. lawmakers propose bills for Common Core Updated: Feb-06-14 6:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Senate on Thursday voted to require Gov. Bill Haslam to secure legislative approval for any potential deal to expand Medicaid in Tennessee despite the Republican governor's repeated assurances that he would first seek their OK for any arrangement.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican leaders in the state Senate are warning that new funding for the University of Tennessee could be threatened over the use of student fees for a weeklong program about sex.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Wednesday he is standing by his anti-meth proposal despite the bill being sidetracked in a House subcommittee earlier this week.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to create a school voucher program in Tennessee is advancing in the House despite concerns from some lawmakers that the legislation would be detrimental to public schools.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Supporters of legislation to make students in the country illegally eligible for in-state tuition say the proposal is fair and would benefit Tennessee's economy.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam's proposal to create a community college program for all high school graduates is advancing in the House.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A newspaper analysis of public records has found that more than 100 lobbyists have been hired since 2009 by pharmaceutical companies, suppliers and trade associations to influence lawmakers.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The sponsor of a proposal to give state lawmakers the power to name U.S. Senate nominees has a hold on the measure.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal that would prohibit the use of drones to conduct video surveillance of outdoorsmen in Tennessee without their permission has passed the Senate.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A petition with more than 9,000 signatures supporting Tennessee's Common Core standards was released Tuesday amid efforts by some lawmakers to do away with them.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to protect wedding-related businesses from lawsuits if they refuse to provide services to same-sex couples is dead for the session after being withdrawn from a Senate committee on Tuesday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill pending in the Tennessee legislature would have the state adopt a uniform time system.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lawmakers have proposed a number of measures this legislative session targeting Tennessee's Common Core standards - including a proposal to do away with them.