- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: May-20-15 1:13 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Former Tennessee state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers dies Updated: May-15-15 11:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers, who was an advocate for women, children, the mentally ill and the poor, has died. She was 72.
- Panel approves plans to move Tennessee legislative offices Updated: May-14-15 4:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The State Building Commission has approved the first step to make an overhauled building next to the state Capitol the new home of the Tennessee General Assembly.
- New coalition will push lawmakers to fund Tennessee roads Updated: May-13-15 4:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Raising taxes is never popular, but a new coalition says the lack of funding for Tennessee's roads and bridges has reached a crisis point requiring action.
- Speakers disavow any 'mandate' for Tennessee security group Updated: May-06-15 1:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A private group called the Tennessee Task Force on National and Homeland Security is marketing itself with an official-looking logo and a claimed "mandate" from state lawmakers. But legislative leaders say the group has no official endorsement from the General Assembly.
- Tennessee lawmakers reimburse state for trips Updated: May-04-15 11:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two lawmakers have reimbursed the state for trips they took to legislative conferences.
- Governor signs bill to allow guns in all Tennessee parks Updated: Apr-24-15 12:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Local governments in Tennessee can no longer bar people with handgun carry permits from bringing firearms to parks, playgrounds and sports fields under legislation signed by Republican Gov. Bill Haslam.