- Bill would make pharmacy syringe sales permanent Updated: Apr-10-14 4:41 pm
- False expert testimony could trigger a new trial Updated: Apr-10-14 4:08 pm
- California bill that would end orca shows stalls Updated: Apr-08-14 7:55 pm
- Potential evidence against lawmaker remains sealed Updated: Apr-08-14 5:19 pm
- California Senate erases websites of 3 lawmakers Updated: Apr-07-14 8:14 pm
- Veterans' sentencing bill passes Assembly Updated: Apr-07-14 5:32 pm
- Assembly Democrats denounce government outsourcing Updated: Apr-03-14 9:34 pm
- Drought bill targets homeowner association rules Updated: Apr-03-14 4:29 pm
- Senate Democrats cancel San Diego golf fundraiser Updated: Apr-01-14 7:49 pm
- At 81, Rep. Bob Lynn is Alaska's oldest lawmaker Updated: Mar-29-14 2:14 pm
- California Senate suspends 3 Democratic lawmakers Updated: Mar-28-14 9:19 pm
- Governor urges 3 state senators to resign Updated: Mar-28-14 8:07 pm
- GOP leader thinks he met agent in sting operation Updated: Mar-28-14 7:53 pm
- California senators vote to suspend 3 members Updated: Mar-28-14 6:17 pm
- 3 California state senators' legal troubles Updated: Mar-28-14 5:22 pm
- Gun control advocates: Lawmaker arrest is setback Updated: Mar-27-14 7:16 pm
- California state senator freed from jail on bond Updated: Mar-26-14 10:44 pm
- GOP assemblyman wins state Senate seat Updated: Mar-26-14 5:00 pm
- California lawmakers reconsider bare-hand food ban Updated: Mar-25-14 9:04 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Assembly voted Thursday to make permanent a program that allows pharmacies to sell syringes to drug users as a way to prevent diseases spread by needle-sharing.
SACRAMENTO, California - False or outdated testimony from an expert witness could be enough to overturn a conviction and trigger a new trial, under a bill approved by the state Senate on Thursday that counters a ruling by the California Supreme Court.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California bill that sought to end killer whale shows at SeaWorld in San Diego and phase out their captivity was put on hold Tuesday, dousing an escalating fight between animal activists and supporters of the major tourist attraction.
LOS ANGELES - Grand jury testimony and other potential evidence against indicted California state Sen. Ronald Calderon should not be handed over to his attorney at this time, a federal judge said Tuesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate has erased the names and online archives of three suspended lawmakers entangled in criminal cases.
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill moving through the state Legislature would urge judges to grant probation and give shorter prison terms to defendants who have mental health problems stemming from their military service.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Democratic resolution denouncing the outsourcing of government functions to private contractors passed the Assembly on Thursday after prompting a spirited partisan debate about the role of government.
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill moving through the Legislature protects people in homeowner associations from retribution if they take steps to reduce water use for landscaping.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Tuesday canceled a high-profile golfing fundraiser in the wake of criminal proceedings against three state senators.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Bob Lynn is spry for a man of 81. He easily - and daily during the session - scales the five flights of steps at the state Capitol.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate voted Friday to suspend three lawmakers caught up in separate criminal cases after the latest one to be hauled into court refused to step down, the most serious house-cleaning action the chamber has taken in more than a century.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is calling on three Democratic state lawmakers involved in separate criminal proceedings to resign from office, saying it is the best way to "restore public confidence."
SACRAMENTO, California - Senate Minority Leader Bob Huff said Friday that he believes he unwittingly met with an FBI undercover agent during a meeting set up by Sen. Leland Yee and one of Yee's campaign aides, both of whom now face federal charges.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate voted 28-1 on Friday to suspend three members who face criminal charges: Sens. Ron Calderon, Roderick Wright and Leland Yee. One senator was present but did not vote, and nine were absent, including all three senators who were suspended. One seat is vacant.
SACRAMENTO, California - So far in 2014, each month has brought news of another arrest or conviction of a Democratic California state senator. Legislators voted to suspend all three senators on Friday, though they will continue to receive their salaries. Here is some background about their legal troubles:
SACRAMENTO, California - Gun-control groups said Thursday they were trying to find a new legislative leader to champion firearms restrictions after one of their most outspoken supporters was charged in a federal gun-trafficking case.
SAN FRANCISCO - California state Sen. Leland Yee has been released from custody and his lawyer says the Democrat from San Francisco plans to plead not guilty to corruption and gun charges.
SACRAMENTO, California - State Assemblyman Mike Morrell easily beat four challengers to win a state Senate seat representing portions of three Southern California counties, according to state figures Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers are beginning to back away from a new law that bans bare-hand contact with food in restaurants and bars, with the Assembly Health Committee voting unanimously Tuesday to repeal and revisit the regulation.