- California campaign finance bill sent to governor Updated: Mar-10-14 8:21 pm
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- AP Exclusive: Counties undermine prison efforts Updated: Mar-08-14 4:37 pm
- Lawmakers report thousands in gifts from groups Updated: Mar-04-14 5:50 pm
- California lawmaker accused of corruption on leave Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 am
- CA governor signs off on $687 million drought plan Updated: Mar-01-14 10:53 pm
- 1 term is plenty for California congresswoman Updated: Mar-01-14 11:59 am
- Hearing reset in Calif. for ex-Nevada lawmaker Updated: Feb-28-14 6:03 pm
- California legislator helps crime victim Updated: Feb-24-14 3:16 pm
- Bill bans Confederate flag sale on Calif. property Updated: Feb-21-14 9:07 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker proposes fuel tax Updated: Feb-20-14 8:41 pm
- Calif. lawmaker seeks to reopen Martin's Beach Updated: Feb-10-14 6:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - State lawmakers sent Gov. Jerry Brown a bill Monday designed to strengthen California's campaign finance standards in response to a recent case that prompted the largest campaign reporting fine in state history.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
SACRAMENTO, California - California counties are confounding the state's court-ordered efforts to sharply reduce its inmate population by sending state prisons far more convicts than anticipated, including a record number of people with second felony convictions.
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers, including two Democrats who are on leave after being charged with criminal offenses, have reported thousands of dollars in gifts and travel expenses they received from donors.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California state lawmaker facing federal corruption charges alleging he took kickbacks while in office said Sunday evening he has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the Legislature while he awaits trial.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has signed legislation to provide immediate relief to drought-stricken communities.
WASHINGTON - It took barely a year in Congress for Democrat Gloria Negrete McLeod to decide that she could do more for her California constituents by serving in county government.
LAS VEGAS - A pretrial hearing was again reset for a former Las Vegas-area lawmaker jailed in California for nearly a year since his arrest in a freeway scuffle with police the day he was expelled from the Nevada Legislature.
CONCORD, California - A California state senator who was called on to help a home invasion robbery victim says he is still stunned such a crime occurred in his neighborhood.
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill introduced by a Democratic lawmaker would prohibit the sale of Confederate flags on California state property.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Thursday proposed a tax on consumer fuel purchases of gasoline, oil, diesel, ethanol and natural gas, with the money raised diverted to mass transit projects and households making less than $75,000 annually.
HALF MOON BAY, California - A bill seeking to re-establish public access to a popular Northern California beach that was closed off after a Silicon Valley billionaire bought the adjacent land was introduced Monday.