- Iowa lawmakers clash over competing bullying bills Updated: Mar-07-14 3:20 pm
- Lawmakers want agreement soon on Iowa dog racing Updated: Mar-06-14 5:11 pm
- Legislative leaders: Budget shows government works Updated: Mar-06-14 4:59 pm
- Lawmaker: Iowa bill would pay for child burials Updated: Mar-06-14 4:04 pm
- Rhode Island senator plans Iowa statehouse visit Updated: Mar-06-14 10:34 am
- Pa. man accused of killing Iowa lawmaker's sisters Updated: Mar-05-14 7:52 pm
- Iowa pet breeders criticize proposed legislation Updated: Mar-05-14 7:32 pm
- Iowa Legislature reaches rare budget agreement Updated: Mar-05-14 6:31 pm
- Patients, experts tout medical marijuana benefits Updated: Mar-05-14 5:59 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- Iowa legislative panel OKs kidnapping legislation Updated: Mar-04-14 5:53 pm
- Senate passes wage theft bill Updated: Mar-04-14 3:52 pm
- Senators' tempers flare in otherwise calm debate Updated: Mar-04-14 2:08 pm
- Democrats continue to push for minimum wage hike Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 am
- Iowa Senate passes online voter registration bill Updated: Mar-03-14 7:11 pm
- Senate: landowners can't allow underage drinking Updated: Mar-03-14 6:29 pm
- Iowa bill grants benefits to more veterans Updated: Mar-03-14 6:01 pm
- Iowa Senate OKs study of emerald ash borer Updated: Mar-03-14 4:41 pm
- Iowa bill would prohibit teen tanning at salons Updated: Mar-01-14 10:57 am
- Iowa Senate unanimously OKs HIV transmission bill Updated: Feb-27-14 7:07 pm
- State Rep. Walt Rogers of Iowa quits US House race Updated: Feb-27-14 5:55 pm
- Iowa Senate OKs bill to address human trafficking Updated: Feb-27-14 4:19 pm
- Iowa lawmakers approve tax credit for veterans Updated: Feb-26-14 6:34 pm
- Iowa House approves drone regulation bill Updated: Feb-26-14 4:25 pm
- Senate Oks plan to study breast density education Updated: Feb-26-14 12:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Cracking down on bullying in Iowa schools has been a priority this year for Gov. Terry Branstad, but lawmakers have criticized two competing bills and are seeking changes to the proposals.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legislative leaders are telling the greyhound racing industry and casinos that want to end dog racing to work out their differences soon.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Before the current session started, Iowa's legislative leaders decided they'd work toward broad budget figures on which Republicans and Democrats could agree to prove divided government can work, they said Thursday.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - The state would help low-income families pay for child burials under a bill proposed by a Cedar Falls lawmaker who says the funds lift an unnecessary burden.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A United States senator is coming to Iowa to advocate for action on climate change.
PITTSBURGH - A man charged with robbing and killing two sisters of an Iowa state lawmaker turned himself in to police on Wednesday after professing his innocence on Facebook and claiming he had been framed.
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Proposed legislation that would place new restrictions on commercial pet breeding in Iowa would put many breeders in the state out of business, according to critics of the measure.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legislative leaders from both parties in the House and Senate on Wednesday accomplished the rare task of agreeing from the outset on figures for the state budget for the fiscal year beginning in July.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Patients and medical experts told Iowa lawmakers Wednesday about the positive uses of medical marijuana, arguing the medical community and public could benefit from the drug.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate and House have agreed that kidnapping penalties need to be tougher, but they're having a hard time reaching a compromise on how long offenders should remain in jail.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Employers must explain in writing how a worker will be paid and deductions to be taken from a paycheck in a bill the Iowa Senate has passed.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two southeast Iowa lawmakers shouted at each other on the Senate floor during debate on a bill about home health care.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Democrats in the Legislature haven't given up on getting a minimum wage bill passed this year but acknowledge they're still trying to get Republican support.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill that would set up a system for online voter registration in Iowa unanimously passed in the Senate on Monday without debate and moved to the House for further work on verification of electronic signatures.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate has passed a bill that would make it illegal for landowners to allow drinking on their property by anyone under 21.
DES MOINES, Iowa - More veterans would be eligible to receive financial assistance when purchasing a home under a bill approved by the Iowa Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate are trying to determine the best way to deal with emerald ash borer infestations across the state.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Minors who regularly head into tanning salons to bronze their skin would no longer be able to use the facilities under a plan being considered by Iowa lawmakers.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate unanimously approved a measure lessening the penalties for people who unknowingly expose someone to HIV with no intention of infecting them.
DES MOINES, Iowa - State Rep. Walt Rogers said Thursday he is quitting his campaign for Congress to run for re-election to the Iowa House.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate has unanimously approved a measure that would crack down on human trafficking involving minors.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Veterans in Iowa would receive a larger property tax exemption under a bill approved Wednesday by a legislative panel.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The use of drones would be strictly regulated under a bill approved Wednesday by the Iowa House.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate have approved legislation that will establish a task force to study breast tissue density.