- Man suing his ex for half of $1M prize gets a win in court Updated: May-28-15 5:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida man is still trying to get half of his ex-girlfriend's $1 million lottery prize, eight years after he says she took the winning ticket and left him. He says she reneged on a long-ago promise that they'd split any winnings if either of them hit it big.
- Florida's highest court rules UCF has immunity Updated: May-28-15 4:30 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A private corporation that runs the University of Central Florida's athletic program won't have to pay $10 million to the family of a football player who died during practice, the Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Suspension advised for judge accused of punching attorney Updated: May-20-15 4:23 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A central Florida judge's sharp tongue and hot temper might soon find him in the judicial penalty box.
- Supreme Court strikes down lawsuit against Florida insurer Updated: May-14-15 5:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court is ruling that the state's major property insurer is immune from certain types of lawsuits.
- Florida Supreme Court turns down case sparked by Gov. Scott Updated: May-11-15 2:02 pm
- Court order brings acrimonious legislative session to close Updated: May-01-15 6:41 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A last-ditch effort to force the Florida Legislature back to work floundered on Friday after the state's highest court ruled that there would be no "beneficial result" to force the state House to reconvene.
- Supreme Court seeks tougher penalties for 2 wayward judges Updated: May-01-15 3:05 am
MIAMI - The state Supreme Court isn't letting a pair of wayward South Florida judges get off easy.