- Ovechkin says Capitals are in 'middle of nowhere' Updated: Apr-14-14 4:56 pm
- Lightning earn home-ice edge against Canadiens Updated: Apr-13-14 7:18 pm
- Ovi gets 51st; Caps top coasting Blackhawks 4-0 Updated: Apr-11-14 10:53 pm
- Alex Ovechkin's Capitals to miss NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-10-14 1:03 am
- Ovechkin gets 50th goal, Capitals top Blues 4-1 Updated: Apr-08-14 11:50 pm
- Kuznetsov's SO goal lifts Capitals over Isles 4-3 Updated: Apr-05-14 9:32 pm
- Carter's late goal lifts Devils past Capitals Updated: Apr-05-14 1:24 am
- Stars rout Capitals 5-0 to maintain playoff push Updated: Apr-01-14 9:48 pm
- Predators beat Capitals 4-3 in shootout Updated: Mar-31-14 12:17 am
- Bruins top Capitals 4-2, clinch Atlantic Division Updated: Mar-29-14 4:59 pm
- Ovechkin, Capitals blow lead in 5-4 loss to Kings Updated: Mar-25-14 11:18 pm
- Caps end San Jose skid with 3-2 SO win vs Sharks Updated: Mar-23-14 2:21 am
- Capitals sign 2010 5th-round draft pick Herbert Updated: Mar-21-14 2:10 pm
- Kings beat Caps 2-1 in SO to give Sutter 500th win Updated: Mar-21-14 2:36 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Explaining early playoff exits became an annual, awkward task for Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals. This season, for the first time since 2007, they didn't even make the postseason, so now there's something new: real uncertainty.
WASHINGTON - It came right down to the final moment of the final regular-season game for the Tampa Bay Lightning to secure home-ice advantage against the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of the playoffs.
WASHINGTON - Alex Ovechkin's Washington Capitals have been officially eliminated from playoff contention, the first time they'll sit out the postseason since 2007.
ST. LOUIS - Alex Ovechkin took his place in the NHL record book and helped the Washington Capitals keep pace in the playoff race.
UNIONDALE, New York - With points at a premium for the playoff-chasing Washington Capitals, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov was the difference for his struggling team.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their latest win preserved their chances.
WASHINGTON - Tyler Seguin scored his 33rd goal, Dustin Jeffrey got his first two of the season, and the Dallas Stars routed the Washington Capitals 5-0 Tuesday night in a game between a pair of ninth-place teams trying to leapfrog into a playoff spot.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - This time, the shootout win went to the Nashville Predators.
WASHINGTON - Check two more items off the list in an impressive homestretch by the Boston Bruins. They are now Atlantic Division champions, and Jarome Iginla has recovered from his slow start to reach 30 goals once again.
WASHINGTON - Every point matters more than ever to Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals, who are part of a logjam in the Eastern Conference - and on the outside of the playoff race, looking in, at the moment.
SAN JOSE, California - Nicklas Backstrom scored the winning goal in the shootout to lead the Washington Capitals to their first win in San Jose in more than 20 years, 3-2 over the Sharks on Saturday night.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Minnesota Duluth center Caleb Herbert signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Washington Capitals.
LOS ANGELES - Darryl Sutter doesn't remember his first win as an NHL coach. And now that he's gotten his 500th in the regular season, he didn't make anything special out of this one, either.