- Lawmakers say pay raise due for Washington State Patrol Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Faced with reports of an unhappy and underpaid Washington State Patrol, lawmakers are trying to give patrol officers a pay raise and make other departmental upgrades to reverse an increasing shortage of troopers.
- Washington bill seeks to ban sex-selective abortions Updated: Feb-01-16 4:57 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state is among a handful of states this year where lawmakers are seeking to ban abortions sought because of the gender of a fetus, something abortion rights groups say is a veiled effort to expand restrictions to abortion in the state.
- Washington bill targets credibility of informants' testimony Updated: Jan-26-16 2:23 pm
SEATTLE - A Washington state man's conviction in his mother's murder in 2000 was based largely on a false confession he gave to police after a long interrogation. But like a lot of other wrongful convictions, his case also featured another troubling aspect: incriminating statements from jailhouse informants who were rewarded with light sentences or dropped criminal charges for their testimony.
- Lawmakers propose a raise for Washington state patrol Updated: Jan-22-16 6:37 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers in Washington have proposed a pay raise for the state's patrol officers.
- Washington lawmakers begin hearings on gun control bills Updated: Jan-21-16 8:41 pm
SEATTLE - Victims of gun violence, families of people killed in mass shootings and police officers urged Washington state lawmakers on Thursday to support a list of measures designed to keep firearms away from children and at-risk people, while gun-rights activists argued the proposed bills duplicate existing laws and would violate a gun owner's constitutional rights.
- Subpoenas approved for documents about release of prisoners Updated: Jan-19-16 10:58 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Legislative subpoenas will be issued for documents related to the erroneous early release of thousands of prisoners in Washington state following a vote by a Senate panel Tuesday night.
- Washington state lawmaker asks teens about their virginity Updated: Jan-19-16 6:00 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington state lawmaker apologized after asking a group of teenagers about their virginity during a meeting.
- Lawmaker asks for probe into Adele concert ticket sales Updated: Jan-15-16 12:42 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington state senator is asking the Attorney General's Office to look into the increased prices for tickets to Adele's Seattle concert.
- Lawmakers blame psychiatric hospital managers for problems Updated: Jan-13-16 2:34 pm
SEATTLE - The chairman of a Washington state Senate accountability committee is blaming agency managers for the crisis at the state's largest psychiatric hospital.
- New statewide initiative introduced to raise minimum wage Updated: Jan-11-16 7:19 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Supporters of raising Washington state's minimum wage filed a ballot measure Monday that seeks to incrementally increase the state's rate to $13.50 an hour over four years starting in 2017, as well as provide paid sick leave to employees without it.