- Lawmakers consider bill to bolster state tourism Updated: Mar-03-14 4:13 pm
- Wash. senators praise EPA move on Pebble mine Updated: Feb-28-14 3:56 pm
- Wash. Senate passes supplemental budget Updated: Feb-27-14 8:22 pm
- Gov. Inslee signs immigrant financial aid bill Updated: Feb-26-14 8:59 pm
- 1 bill heads to governor at session midpoint Updated: Feb-19-14 3:42 pm
- Tesla protests bills that would limit expansion Updated: Feb-18-14 3:55 am
- House OKs bill creating industrial hemp business Updated: Feb-17-14 7:46 pm
- WA lawmakers older, richer, less diverse than us Updated: Feb-16-14 5:46 pm
- Senate OKs bill to add another Mason County judge Updated: Feb-12-14 2:26 pm
- Senate OKs task force to study nuclear power Updated: Feb-12-14 1:59 pm
- Senate Oks veteran designation on licenses Updated: Feb-10-14 2:25 pm
- Gun violence victims complain about hearing Updated: Feb-07-14 5:53 pm
- Washington Legislature eyes hemp production move Updated: Feb-07-14 1:25 pm
- Washington looks at ending oil refinery tax break Updated: Feb-06-14 3:25 pm
- Two-thirds tax vote fails in Wash. Senate Updated: Feb-05-14 7:02 pm
- Wash. House passes abortion insurance bill Updated: Feb-05-14 5:37 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - After eliminating the state tourism office in 2011, Washington lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow those in the private sector to pick up the slack.
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators are praising a decision by the Environmental Protection Agency for starting a process that could potentially restrict the development of proposed gold-and-copper mine in southwest Alaska.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington state Senate passed a supplemental budget Thursday that adds some money for education.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee signed a measure Wednesday that expands state college financial aid to students who don't have legal status in the United States.
OLYMPIA, Washington - With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Tesla enthusiasts drove their electric cars to Olympia on Monday to protest legislation they said would prevent the company from opening and operating additional facilities in Washington state.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Industrial hemp would be allowed to be grown in Washington state under a measure passed Monday by the House.
SEATTLE - A Seattle Times analysis has found Washington state's 147-member Legislature is wealthier, older and less diverse than the people it represents.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Senate has approved a measure that would increase the number of superior court judges in Mason County.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Senate has passed a measure that would create a taskforce to study the possibility of using nuclear energy in the state in the future.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Senate has passed a measure that would allow a person to have a military veteran status designation on their driver's license or ID card.
OLYMPIA, Washington - State Senate leaders have received a letter from a group of gun-violence victims who say they were disrespected at a committee hearing last week.
SPOKANE, Washington - With recreational marijuana use now legal in Washington, state legislators are eyeing whether the state should also allow an industrial hemp industry.
SEATTLE - Washington lawmakers considered a plan Thursday that would eliminate a decades-old tax break now used by oil refineries to save millions of dollars each year.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A measure that could have let voters decide whether the state Constitution should be amended to require a two-thirds vote in the Legislature to raise taxes failed in the Senate Wednesday.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A measure that would require Washington insurers offering maternity care to also cover elective abortions was passed by the state House on Wednesday.