- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith pleads not guilty to charges Updated: Oct-08-15 9:52 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Prosecutors in Northern California say Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has pleaded not guilty to hit and run, drunken driving and vandalism.
- 49ers coach Tomsula remains confident in QB Kaepernick Updated: Oct-07-15 6:49 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco coach Jim Tomsula remains committed to Colin Kaepernick as his quarterback and maintains the fifth-year pro has not lost any confidence.
- Vikings trade LB Hodges to 49ers for rookie, draft pick Updated: Oct-06-15 4:49 pm
- 49ers' Torrey Smith frustrated by offense's performance Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers receiver Torrey Smith doesn't believe things are as bad as they seem, despite his team's 1-3 record and possessing the league's lowest-scoring offense.
- Rodgers leads Packers past 49ers, Green Bay stays unbeaten Updated: Oct-05-15 8:14 am
- 49ers tight end Davis doubtful for Sunday with knee injury Updated: Oct-02-15 6:41 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers.
- 49ers defense faces formidable task in Packers, Rodgers Updated: Oct-01-15 7:44 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Things aren't getting any easier for the struggling San Francisco 49ers, who were outscored 90-25 in their last two games. They're set to take on Aaron Rodgers and the undefeated Packers on Sunday as they look to avoid a 1-3 start.
- Packers TE Quarless placed on IR with designation to return Updated: Sep-30-15 5:53 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Packers have placed tight end Andrew Quarless on injured reserve/designated to return with a sprained left knee.
- Rodgers, Packers still see room for improvement Updated: Sep-29-15 7:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The unbeaten Green Bay Packers have some news for their upcoming opponents.
- 2 men sue 49ers over stadium bathroom assault Updated: Sep-29-15 6:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The 49ers knew intoxicated fans were especially dangerous on long lines waiting to use the restroom at Levi's Stadium, but failed to provide adequate security, a lawsuit by two men assaulted last year in a bathroom at the stadium alleges.
- 49ers linebacker pleads not guilty to sexual battery Updated: Sep-29-15 1:50 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks has pleaded not guilty to sexual battery.
- Tomsula backs Kaepernick after 4-interception performance Updated: Sep-28-15 5:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Coming off two straight blowout losses, San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Tomsula remained in the corner of his starting quarterback.
- Another barrage of points for Cardinals in blowout win Updated: Sep-28-15 2:44 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The points keep piling up for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Kaepernick throws 4 picks, Cardinals rout 49ers 47-7 Updated: Sep-27-15 8:57 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Tyrann Mathieu was lying in wait. So was Justin Bethel and the rest of the Arizona secondary.
- 49ers stumble and stagger to 47-7 loss to Cardinals Updated: Sep-27-15 8:32 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Colin Kaepernick's first pass was off his back foot. Interception, touchdown. Next series, another off-balance throw. Interception, touchdown.
- Pilots: 'Blinding' lights at 49ers' stadium a safety hazard Updated: Sep-23-15 11:50 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Pilot Christina Kurowicki was preparing to land at San Jose Mineta International Airport in March when bright light flooded the cockpit, impairing her night vision and making it difficult to see outside.
- 49er fans charged with parking lot beating of Viking backer Updated: Sep-22-15 5:45 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Three San Francisco 49er fans were charged with assaulting a man wearing Minnesota Vikings after the season's opening football game at Levi's Stadium.
- Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier shines against 49ers Updated: Sep-21-15 3:58 pm
PITTSBURGH - Bud Dupree was exaggerating, but only a little.
- Steelers ride big plays, bold decisions to romp over 49ers Updated: Sep-21-15 2:57 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley might want to alter his stated goal of averaging 30 points a game. Especially if he and coach Mike Tomlin are going to start treating every possession like a game of Madden.
- Steelers go for 2 and everything else, crush 49ers 43-18 Updated: Sep-20-15 11:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - The sheet and 20 years of conventional NFL wisdom said to kick. The Pittsburgh Steelers took a look at it, ripped it up and set it on fire.
- 4 arrests in Levi's parking lot beating of Vikings fan Updated: Sep-18-15 7:11 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Santa Clara Police department says four people have been arrested on suspicion of felony assault in the beating of a Vikings fan outside Levi's Stadium following the San Francisco 49ers' 20-3 victory over Minnesota on Monday night. One was a season ticketholder.
- 49ers defense vows to stay dominant after big stars depart Updated: Sep-18-15 6:00 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Linebacker Michael Wilhoite calls him "Mangenius."
- Police arrest 49er fans in connection with stadium beating Updated: Sep-18-15 5:44 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Police arrested four San Francisco 49er fans accused of beating a Minnesota Viking supporter in the stadium parking lot after the team's Monday Night Football opener.
- Carlos Hyde spins right onto the map in first NFL start Updated: Sep-17-15 6:28 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Carlos Hyde and Ohio State pal Braxton Miller might have quite the good-natured debate for a while: Who owns bragging rights for the season's best spin move?
- For Peterson and Vikings, 'reset button has been pressed' Updated: Sep-17-15 3:50 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Adrian Peterson's long-awaited return to the field was a game to forget - a measly 31 yards rushing for the Minnesota Vikings in their dreadful season opener at San Francisco.