- POWER RANKINGS: Perfect Panthers move to top spot Updated: Dec-01-15 9:26 pm
NEW YORK - As the league's only unbeaten team, the Carolina Panthers are on top of the NFL standings and the latest AP Pro32 rankings.
- NFL moves Pete Morelli's crew off Sunday night game Updated: Dec-01-15 5:57 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL has moved referee Pete Morelli's crew off the upcoming Sunday night game between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.
- Struggling 49ers hit the road for 2 games looking to win Updated: Nov-30-15 5:10 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula is now talking about having his players sprint off the bus and into Solider Field on Sunday.
- Ward suggests full-time officials as a fix Updated: Nov-30-15 5:06 pm
DENVER - Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward, one of the most-flagged and heavily fined players in the NFL this season, recently ripped the officials, suggesting the way to fix the league's spotty officiating is to give the men in stripes full-time jobs.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-30-15 2:14 am
SANTA CLARA, California - With two running backs down, Arizona's ground game kept getting stuffed. So Carson Palmer took charge.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-29-15 9:09 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Give Carson Palmer some style points for punctuating the Cardinals' latest win, however silly it looked when he tumbled over after spiking the ball.
- 49ers beat themselves with 13 penalties, fall to Cardinals Updated: Nov-29-15 9:07 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Quinton Dial believed he was making a legal play when he came straight at Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer and clobbered him.
- Patriots-Broncos matchup missing a few stars Updated: Nov-29-15 7:20 pm
The Patriots-Broncos showdown Sunday night is missing some star power.
- 49ers' Celek carted off against Arizona with ankle injury Updated: Nov-29-15 4:50 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco tight end Garrett Celek has been carted off the field with 3:46 left in the first quarter with a left ankle injury.
- 49ers not worried about Mathieu's comments Updated: Nov-27-15 8:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu made waves this week with comments about San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and new starter Blaine Gabbert.
- Rookie 49ers QB Dylan Thompson prepares in case he's needed Updated: Nov-25-15 4:22 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dylan Thompson has spent the majority of his rookie season as the scout team quarterback, posing as Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson in practice to prepare the starting defense.
- Tomsula surprised by 49ers' tentative play in latest loss Updated: Nov-23-15 5:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula studied the film from the 49ers' lopsided loss to the rival Seattle Seahawks and saw a tentative team, one trying not to make mistakes.
- Rawls big night leads Seahawks past 49ers, 29-13 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:48 am
SEATTLE - Thomas Rawls is not a big stats guy. When it came to recalling the last time he rushed for 200 yards in a game, all Rawls could remember was that it happened at Central Michigan.
- Rawls runs for 209 yards as Seahawks beat 49ers 29-13 Updated: Nov-22-15 9:28 pm
SEATTLE - About two hours before kickoff Seattle's Thomas Rawls was in the locker room getting loosened up. He was told Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be able to play.
- 49ers GM says Kaepernick surgery was mutual decision Updated: Nov-22-15 2:35 pm
SEATTLE - The decision for San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick to have season-ending surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder was a mutual decision between the quarterback and the team, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said Sunday.
- Carlos Hyde out; Shaun Draughn to start in Seattle Updated: Nov-20-15 7:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco running back Carlos Hyde will miss his third game with a stress fracture in his left foot, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula said Friday, days after suggesting he might be available.
- Marshawn Lynch questionable for Seahawks against 49ers Updated: Nov-20-15 6:42 pm
RENTON, Washington - Running back Marshawn Lynch is questionable for Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers because of an abdominal injury that has limited him the last two weeks.
- 49ers defenders Bowman, Williams return to Seattle at last Updated: Nov-19-15 5:45 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Ian Williams passed NaVorro Bowman in the locker room earlier this week and reminded his teammate they would be returning to Seattle's home field and the scene of major injuries from the 2013 season that temporarily derailed their careers.
- Chiefs' Smith on verge of record for errorless pass attempts Updated: Nov-19-15 1:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Just try to ask Chiefs coach Andy Reid about the remarkable streak of passes that Alex Smith has thrown this season without an interception.
- Promoted Smith getting thrown in immediately for Seattle Updated: Nov-18-15 7:45 pm
RENTON, Washington - Kevin Smith knows there are examples in Seattle of wide receivers graduating from the practice squad and eventually becoming major contributors on the active roster.
- Gabbert provides 49ers' offense new look against Seahawks Updated: Nov-18-15 6:27 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Having not won in Seattle's CenturyLink Field since 2011, the San Francisco 49ers are hoping a change at quarterback can spark their struggling offense against the Seahawks.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith suspended a year Updated: Nov-17-15 11:42 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith was suspended Tuesday by the NFL for one calendar year because of violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.
- Jets sign former British Olympic discus thrower Okoye Updated: Nov-13-15 7:39 pm
NEW YORK - From tossing the discus to throwing blocks.
- 49ers sign RB Travaris Cadet, release Pierre Thomas Updated: Nov-10-15 4:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The 49ers signed running back Travaris Cadet on Tuesday and released running back Pierre Thomas, who played sparingly in San Francisco's victory over Atlanta after signing early last week.
- Arizona in control but Seattle will have chance to catch up Updated: Nov-10-15 3:14 am