- NM police chief to meet Taos leaders over shooting Updated: Dec-03-13 2:45 pm
- Group to protest over NM minivan shooting Updated: Nov-30-13 1:34 pm
- THP issues I-40 no-fatality challenge Updated: Nov-27-13 3:34 am
- Audio reveals details of NM State Police shooting Updated: Nov-26-13 2:22 pm
- Police: Man arrested in Santa Fe girl's drug death Updated: Nov-26-13 1:11 pm
- NM State Police to join I-40 'Thanksgiving' patrol Updated: Nov-26-13 5:06 am
- State Police pay overhaul could cost $10.8 million Updated: Nov-20-13 8:40 pm
- NM officer fires at minivan in traffic stop chaos Updated: Nov-18-13 9:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas will meet with some Taos residents over a case involving an officer shooting at a minivan with a mom and five children inside, the department announced.
TAOS, New Mexico - A routine traffic stop that turned to chaos when a teen physically confronted one New Mexico State Police officer and another officer fired shots at a minivan carrying children has sparked protest.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Highway Patrol and state Department of Safety and Homeland Security have issued a challenge to seven other states for zero fatalities on Interstate 40 over the Thanksgiving holiday.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police never provided a reason to a Santa Fe police dispatcher for a high-speed pursuit the night one of its officers shot and killed a 39-year-old woman, a newly released dispatch recording reveals.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police have made an arrest in connection with the death of a 14-year-old Santa Fe girl who became ill after taking the illegal drug ecstasy before a concert at the state fairgrounds in Albuquerque.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police are set to join other state and federal agencies in an aggressive patrol of Interstate 40 during the Thanksgiving weekend.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Increasing pay for New Mexico State Police officers to make their salaries competitive with other law enforcement agencies could cost nearly $10.8 million, lawmakers were told Wednesday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two New Mexico state police officers are under investigation and a mother and her 14-year-old son are facing charges after a routine traffic stop turned to chaos when the teen physically confronted one officer and another officer fired shots at a minivan carrying children.