- Analysis: Like Iran, pacts with USSR ignored foe's behavior Updated: Jul-24-15 3:26 am
WASHINGTON - Critics of the Iran nuclear deal claim it is flawed, among many reasons, because it does not demand that Tehran also change its behavior at home and abroad. That complaint ignores the United States' long history of striking arms control agreements with the Soviet Union, a far more dangerous enemy.
- Treasury sanctions 3 from Hezbollah, Lebanese businessman Updated: Jul-21-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department is cracking down on supporters of Syrian President Bashar Assad, slapping sanctions on three leaders of the Hezbollah militant group and a Lebanese businessman for their suspected militant activities in the war-torn country.
- US Pentagon chief tries to assure Israel after Iran deal Updated: Jul-20-15 3:22 pm
HUSSEIN LOOKOUT, Israel - On a hilltop lookout near Israel's border with Lebanon, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter offered personal assurances Monday that the U.S. will help Israel counter Iranian support for the militant group Hezbollah. He called it one example of how the U.S. can support the Jewish state in the aftermath of the Iran nuclear deal.
- Netanyahu, British FM spar over Iran deal disagreements Updated: Jul-16-15 1:59 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister and the British foreign secretary publicly sparred over the nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday, veering off prepared comments to exchange sharply different positions toward the agreement.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):