- Hezbollah captures Syrian village from Islamic militants Updated: May-05-15 3:13 pm
BEIRUT - Hezbollah fighters captured a Syrian village Tuesday near the border with Lebanon after intense fighting with Islamic militants, the group's television station said, while an activist said battles are concentrating near a strategic Syrian hill.
- France vows to defend Arab allies, strengthen business ties Updated: May-05-15 2:41 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - French President Francois Hollande vowed to defend Gulf Arab allies as he announced Tuesday that his country is in talks with Saudi Arabia for business deals worth tens of billions of euros (dollars).
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- Israel says airstrike on Syrian border targeted militants Updated: Apr-26-15 5:55 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military said Sunday it launched an airstrike on its border with Syria after spotting militants carrying a bomb in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.
- Hezbollah blames Saudi Arabia for spread of extremism Updated: Apr-17-15 2:10 pm
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group launched his harshest criticism yet of Saudi Arabia on Friday, blaming the kingdom for the spread of extremist ideology in the Muslim world and the killing of civilians in Yemen.
- Lebanese broadcaster on trial at UN tribunal Updated: Apr-16-15 8:16 am
LEIDSCHENDAM, Netherlands - A Lebanese television network went on trial Thursday at a special U.N. tribunal, accused of obstructing justice by releasing identities of confidential witnesses in the long-running probe into the killing of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.
- AP Interview: Hezbollah leader blasts Saudi strikes in Yemen Updated: Apr-13-15 4:41 pm
BEIRUT - A top leader of the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group directed a barrage of criticism at Saudi Arabia on Monday, accusing the kingdom of committing genocide with its airstrike campaign targeting Yemen's Shiite rebels and warning it will "pay a heavy price" for its involvement.
- Official: Israeli fire killed UN peacekeeper in January Updated: Apr-07-15 5:25 am
JERUSALEM - An Israeli security official says the Israeli military was responsible for the death of a Spanish U.N. peacekeeper during an outbreak of violence between Israel and Hezbollah militants on the tense Israel-Lebanon border in January.