- Syrian troops seize control of strategic highway Updated: Dec-08-13 12:08 pm
- Hezbollah commander killed outside home in Lebanon Updated: Dec-04-13 11:53 am
- Lebanon pushed to edge - but, somehow, not over it Updated: Nov-21-13 1:00 pm
- Funerals held in Lebanon for Iran Embassy victims Updated: Nov-20-13 3:37 pm
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran Updated: Nov-20-13 1:32 pm
- Lebanon blasts: Q&A about why they happened Updated: Nov-19-13 1:40 pm
- Suicide blasts near Iran Embassy in Beirut kill 23 Updated: Nov-19-13 12:39 pm
- Hezbollah chief vows to continue fighting in Syria Updated: Nov-14-13 8:31 am
BEIRUT - Forces loyal to President Bashar Assad secured the highway Sunday that links Damascus with northern Syria, paving the way for the potential shipment of chemical weapons overland to a Mediterranean port for destruction abroad, an activist group and two pro-government TV stations said.
BEIRUT - Gunmen assassinated a senior Hezbollah commander after he parked his car in his apartment building's garage Wednesday in Lebanon's capital, a major breach of the Shiite militant group's security as it struggles to maintain multiple fronts while it fights alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
BEIRUT - By nearly all measures, Lebanon should have long ago buckled under the weight of Syria's civil war.
BEIRUT - Undeterred by a devastating suicide attack that rocked the Iranian Embassy in Beirut a day earlier, hundreds of Hezbollah supporters pumped their fists in the air Wednesday and vowed eternal allegiance to the Lebanese Shiite militant group as they buried victims from the bombing.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - When U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made another stop in the Middle East this month, he received an expected earful over Washington's outreach to Iran: Don't trust Tehran, tighten sanctions even more, anything short of complete nuclear concessions is a grave mistake.
BEIRUT - A pair of suicide bombers targeted the Iranian Embassy in Beirut on Tuesday, killing some two dozen people and leaving corpses, puddles of blood and burning cars strewn across an upscale, Shiite-dominated neighborhood of the capital.
BEIRUT - Two suicide bombers detonated explosions outside the Iranian Embassy in a mainly Shiite district of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday, killing 23 people, including the Iranian cultural attachÃ©, apparently in retaliation for the Lebanese group Hezbollah's support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group showed up at a Shiite religious ceremony in southern Beirut on Thursday, vowing to keep his fighters in neighboring Syria as long as needed to shore up President Bashar Assad's struggle against Syria's rebels.