- Militants apologize for killing Lebanese civilians Updated: Mar-08-14 9:13 am
- Battle for Syrian rebel town erases Lebanon border Updated: Mar-06-14 4:31 pm
- Israeli army fires on militants on Syrian border Updated: Mar-05-14 3:11 am
- From Riyadh to Beirut, fear of Syria blowback Updated: Feb-28-14 4:10 pm
- Angry funeral held for man over anti-Shiite song Updated: Feb-27-14 12:37 pm
- Israel takes risk with airstrike on Hezbollah Updated: Feb-26-14 6:03 pm
- Sunni anger in Lebanon against army grows Updated: Feb-25-14 10:00 am
- Report: Israeli airstrikes hit eastern Lebanon Updated: Feb-24-14 5:09 pm
- Bulgaria identifies 4th new suspect in bus bombing Updated: Feb-20-14 9:37 am
- US senators condemn blasts in Beirut Updated: Feb-19-14 12:52 pm
BEIRUT - A militant group issued a rare apology Saturday for a twin suicide bombing in Beirut that killed eight people and wounded dozens, including children from a nearby orphanage.
ARSAL, Lebanon - Sunnis and Shiites from Lebanon are streaming into Syria to take up arms on opposite sides of a fierce battle over a rebel stronghold - a fight that has effectively erased the border between the two countries and underlined how Lebanon is being sucked into the civil war next door.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops opened fire Wednesday on two suspected militants as they were trying to plant an explosive device along the frontier with Syria, the military said, blaming the incident on the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group.
BISARIYEH, Lebanon - The once-tranquil, religiously mixed village of Bisariyeh is seething: Two of its young men who fought alongside the rebels in Syria recently returned home radicalized and staged suicide bombings in Lebanon.
BEIRUT - Angry mourners gathered in Beirut to bury a Sunni man, rumored to be the singer of a tune urging violent death upon Shiites, in the latest manifestation of how the war in neighboring Syria has inflamed hatreds in Lebanon that now extend even to music.
JERUSALEM - Israel has opened a new front in its attempts to halt weapons smuggling to Hezbollah, striking one of the group's positions inside Lebanon for the first time since the sides fought a war eight years ago.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - From radical preachers to irreverent taxi drivers, anger is spreading through Lebanon's Sunni community toward the country's military, adding a dangerous twist to Lebanon's instability, already shaken by relentless bombings.
BEIRUT - Lebanon's state news agency says Israeli aircraft have carried out two airstrikes in eastern Lebanon near the Syrian border.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - A fourth attacker may have been involved in a suicide bomb attack on an Israeli tourist bus in Bulgaria two years ago, the country's chief prosecutor said Thursday.
BEIRUT - Two visiting U.S. senators condemned a double suicide bombing that ripped through a Shiite stronghold of the Lebanese capital Wednesday, saying they were concerned about the spillover effects of Syria's civil war.