- Shiite militias helping Iraq repel extremists' advance Updated: May-19-15 11:43 am
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has called for Iranian-allied Shiite militiamen to help drive Islamic State extremists from Ramadi, the capital of Iraq's vast Sunni-dominated Anbar province.
- House passes bill for Congress to review Iran nuclear deal Updated: May-14-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress on Thursday sent President Barack Obama a bill to give lawmakers the power to review and potentially reject a nuclear deal with Iran.
- Israel military official: Hezbollah hiding arms in villages Updated: May-13-15 2:14 pm
TEL AVIV, Israel - The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah has built up a massive arsenal of rockets and other advanced weapons in Shiite villages of southern Lebanon, a senior Israeli intelligence official said Wednesday, warning civilians would be at risk if war breaks out.
- Hezbollah leads fight in strategic Syrian mountain range Updated: May-10-15 10:34 am
- France vows to defend Arab allies, strengthen business ties Updated: May-05-15 2:41 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - French President Francois Hollande vowed to defend Gulf Arab allies as he announced Tuesday that his country is in talks with Saudi Arabia for business deals worth tens of billions of euros (dollars).
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- Israel says airstrike on Syrian border targeted militants Updated: Apr-26-15 5:55 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military said Sunday it launched an airstrike on its border with Syria after spotting militants carrying a bomb in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.