- The Latest: Turkey summons Russian ambassador over protests Updated: Nov-26-15 12:35 pm
BEIRUT - The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Report: Hezbollah kills IS figure involved in Beirut blast Updated: Nov-26-15 6:11 am
BEIRUT - A Hezbollah TV station says a joint operation by the Lebanese militant group and Syrian security agents killed an Islamic State figure suspected of involvement in Beirut's deadly bombing earlier this month.
- Hezbollah condemns Senate bill to block its financing Updated: Nov-23-15 11:14 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group has condemned a bill approved by the Senate to block its financing, describing it as "a new crime by American institutions against our people and nation."
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- Despite Russian strikes, Syrian rebels hold ground Updated: Nov-06-15 11:18 am
REYHANLI, Turkey - Despite a month of heavy battering by Russian airstrikes, Syria's rebels have so far been able to fend off offensives by government forces trying to retake territory from the rebel's heartland. The fierce fighting shows how even greater backing from Syrian President Bashar Assad's international allies is not swiftly tipping the conflict in his favor.
- Analysis: Russian goals in Syria defined by timing Updated: Nov-02-15 3:25 am
WASHINGTON - There's much speculation about Russian motives for intervening in Syria. The root answer lies in the timing.