- Arkansas Democrats hire new executive director Updated: Aug-31-15 10:56 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Democratic Party has hired a former official with the party in Montana to be its new executive director.
- Eldridge says he's looking at US Senate race in Arkansas Updated: Aug-24-15 5:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former federal prosecutor Conner Eldridge said Monday he's considering challenging Republican U.S. Sen. John Boozman in Arkansas next year and plans to make a decision in the coming weeks.
- Pine Bluff Democrat announces switch to Republican Party Updated: Aug-20-15 6:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State Rep. Mike Holcomb said Thursday he's switching to the Republican Party, criticizing Democrats for their support of Planned Parenthood as part of the reason why he became the first Arkansas legislator to leave the party since a GOP sweep in November.
- Arkansas lawmakers OK plan to tap more money for prisons Updated: Aug-18-15 12:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers have given initial approval to Gov. Asa Hutchinson's proposal to tap an additional $7.4 million from Arkansas reserve funds to open 200 more prison beds.
- Arkansas lawmakers promote schools with resolution Updated: Aug-10-15 5:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers on Monday encouraged schools around the state to plan events aimed at encouraging legislators to spend more time in classrooms next month.
- Lawmaker questions Arkansas Municipal League executive's pay Updated: Aug-09-15 2:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas lawmaker is questioning the pay received by the executive director of the Arkansas Municipal League, who also receives state retirement benefits.
- Arkansas legislator eyes changes to religious objections law Updated: Aug-07-15 5:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An opponent of Arkansas' religious objections law said Friday he's looking at proposing changing it to include protections for gays and lesbians, as well as making clear religious leaders aren't required to perform same-sex weddings.
- Arkansas AG, lawmakers denounce Obama power plant rules Updated: Aug-03-15 5:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Attorney General Leslie Rutledge and other top Republicans in Arkansas are criticizing and vowing to fight President Barack Obama's plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants.