- Arkansas legislative panel endorses $5.3B budget bill Updated: May-04-16 10:40 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The proposed $5.3 billion state budget for the coming year is heading toward its first votes in the Arkansas Legislature.
- Chairs of Arkansas GOP, Democrats agree on health care plan Updated: May-03-16 4:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The chairmen of Arkansas' largest political parties managed to agree on how legislators put together a Medicaid expansion plan that uses federal dollars to buy health care insurance for poorer residents.
- Arkansas revenue above 2015 figures, forecast in April Updated: May-03-16 1:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas finance officials say strong individual income tax collections and lower than expected tax refunds kept the state's revenue in April above both the forecast and the same month last year.
- Arkansas Republicans select 12 delegates to GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans have met in each of the state's four congressional districts to select 12 delegates to the GOP National Convention in July.
- Analysis: Amendments expand Arkansas session beyond budget Updated: Apr-30-16 2:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - When Arkansas voters eight years ago mandated the Legislature meet annually, the plan was for lawmakers to take up a wide range of issues one year and focus primarily on the budget the next. The same voters can be forgiven if they see little daylight between the two types of sessions nowadays.
- Attempt to restrict use of welfare benefits stalls Updated: Apr-28-16 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An attempt in Arkansas to limit how welfare recipients can spend their benefits has stalled before a legislative panel.
- Arkansas Senate upholds governor on keeping Medicaid plan Updated: Apr-26-16 5:46 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson's decision to keep the state's first-in-the-nation hybrid Medicaid expansion was upheld Tuesday by the state Senate, which rejected an attempt to override his veto of a budget measure that would have ended the subsidized insurance.
- Carlson to headline fundraiser for Arkansas Republicans Updated: Apr-25-16 12:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Political writer and commentator Tucker Carlson is headlining a fundraiser for the Arkansas Republican Party next month.
- Arkansas lawmakers focus on budget after Medicaid fight Updated: Apr-24-16 12:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - With the impasse over the future of the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion resolved for now, Arkansas lawmakers this week are shifting their focus to the rest of the $5.3 billion budget for the coming year.
- Arkansas GOP governor uses veto to save Medicaid program Updated: Apr-21-16 6:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Thursday effectively saved Arkansas' first-in-the-nation hybrid Medicaid expansion by voiding part of a budget bill that would have ended the subsidized insurance for more than 250,000 poor people.
- The Latest: Hutchinson uses veto to save Medicaid program Updated: Apr-21-16 5:28 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on the effort to preserve Arkansas' hybrid Medicaid program expansion (all times local):
- Stall on appropriations bill ends with Medicaid compromise Updated: Apr-20-16 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas House has passed a bill authorizing reimbursements for court officials and members of the Legislature for their travel expenses in the next fiscal year.
- A look at budget impasse over Arkansas Medicaid plan Updated: Apr-17-16 10:47 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas lawmakers return to the Capitol this week hoping to resolve a budget standoff over the future of the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion and a host of other programs for the poor and disabled.
- The Latest: Speaker says recess possible if Medicaid stalls Updated: Apr-13-16 5:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on the beginning of the legislative session focusing on Arkansas' budget (all times local):
- Boozman: $800,000 raised during quarter for re-election bid Updated: Apr-12-16 7:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman raised more than $800,000 in the first three months of the year, more than double the amount brought in by Democratic challenger Conner Eldridge, numbers released by the campaigns Tuesday showed.
- Arkansas lawmakers return to Capitol, with focus on budget Updated: Apr-10-16 10:34 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Days after wrapping up a session focused on the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion, Arkansas lawmakers are meeting again to tackle the state's budget and a renewed fight over the program that is covering thousands of low-income residents.