- Correction: Illinois-Stout Defense story Updated: Oct-08-15 9:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story Oct. 7 about Illinois' stout defense, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the score of the loss at North Carolina was 28-14. It was 48-14.
- Northwestern-Michigan will pit nation's top scoring defenses Updated: Oct-06-15 4:10 pm
Three of the nation's top four scoring defenses reside in the Big Ten, and the best of them will meet Saturday when Northwestern visits Michigan.
- With Nebraska next, Wisconsin looks to start offense back up Updated: Oct-06-15 2:14 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin is out of the Top 25 and keeps losing key players to injuries on an offense that is sputtering to start Big Ten play.
- Riley: Huskers facing great mental challenge after 2-3 start Updated: Oct-05-15 5:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Mike Riley has long admired the loyalty of Nebraska fans. It's part of why he took the coaching job.
- Big Ten officials say mistake cost Illinois a down Updated: Oct-05-15 4:13 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - The Big Ten officials' organization says a third-quarter officiating mistake cost Illinois a down in its 14-13 win Saturday over Nebraska.
- Fullbacks are alive and well in Big Ten Updated: Oct-01-15 1:35 pm
Andy Janovich is the envy of every Big Ten fullback and a rock star to Nebraska fans this week.
- Southern Miss encouraged by solid September Updated: Sep-30-15 3:25 pm
Hope has returned to Southern Mississippi's football team.
- Nebraska's Riley: Pierson-El could play some against Illini Updated: Sep-28-15 4:39 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - De'Mornay Pierson-El, the dynamic punt returner who has been out since the preseason with a foot injury, will return to practice this week and might play a limited role in Saturday's Big Ten opener at Illinois.
- Today in Nebraska-October Updated: Sep-28-15 12:16 pm
- Nebraska's Armstrong co-offensive player of week in Big Ten Updated: Sep-28-15 11:00 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. is co-offensive player of the week in the Big Ten, sharing the award with Indiana running back Jordan Howard.
- Nebraska's Akinmoladun likes new view from defensive end Updated: Sep-27-15 6:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Miscast as a tight end, Nebraska's Freedom Akinmoladun looks like a star in the making at defensive end.
- Nebraska holds off Southern Miss in 4th quarter to win 36-28 Updated: Sep-26-15 4:56 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska has lost one game on a Hail Mary and another in overtime after it made a huge comeback. Now here was Southern Mississippi moving down the field in the last minute with a chance to tie after Nebraska had blown most of a 22-point lead in the fourth quarter.
- Afternoon kickoff set for Nebraska-Illinois Updated: Sep-21-15 2:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The kickoff time for the Nebraska-Illinois game on Oct. 3 has been set for 2:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Huskers rally from 23 down, then fall to Miami 36-33 in OT Updated: Sep-19-15 9:33 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - The most memorable game in the Nebraska-Miami rivalry was decided on a pass to the right, and the Hurricanes' defense making a play at the goal line.
- Canes waste 23-point lead, then top Nebraska 36-33 in OT Updated: Sep-19-15 9:02 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Miami gave Nebraska the game.
- Miami and Nebraska are first teams to all wear custom cleats Updated: Sep-17-15 5:38 pm
Oregon and Nike have the market on eye-catching uniforms cornered.
- Nebraska CB Daniel Davie looks to bounce back against Miami Updated: Sep-16-15 3:01 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska cornerback Daniel Davie better be ready Saturday. Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya is coming his way.
- From preschool to college: Newby and Kaaya still have ties Updated: Sep-15-15 1:07 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - If Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya helps the Hurricanes beat Nebraska, it would perhaps be doubly disappointing for standout Cornhuskers running back Terrell Newby.
- Huskers' Riley learning fast magnitude of game against Miami Updated: Sep-14-15 4:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Having spent most of his career on the West Coast, first-year Nebraska coach Mike Riley initially didn't grasp how a nonconference game against Miami could stir so much emotion in and around the Cornhuskers' program.
- Nebraska's Terrell Newby Big Ten co-offensive player of week Updated: Sep-14-15 11:15 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska I-back Terrell Newby is the Big Ten's co-offensive player of the week.
- Nebraska's Rose-Ivey couldn't get back on field fast enough Updated: Sep-13-15 5:48 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Michael Rose-Ivey was so hyped to play a football game for the first time in 620 days that he prematurely sprinted out to his linebacker spot as the field cleared after the opening kickoff against South Alabama.
- Newby helps Riley get 1st win at Nebraska, 48-9 over Jaguars Updated: Sep-12-15 11:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Terrell Newby ran for a career-high 198 yards and scored three touchdowns, leading Nebraska past South Alabama 48-9 on Saturday night and giving Mike Riley his first win as the Cornhuskers' coach.
- Big Ten teams know the highs, lows of last-play touchdowns Updated: Sep-10-15 3:34 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - No play in football produces simultaneous joy and heartbreak more than the Hail Mary. The Big Ten has been involved in more than its share over the years.
- Punter's injury ends wait for Nebraska walk-on Broekemeier Updated: Sep-09-15 7:29 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Tyson Broekemeier walked on at Nebraska as a quarterback in 2011, endured three knee surgeries his first two years and didn't appear in a game his first four seasons in the program.
- Huskers add C. Michigan to their 2020 nonconference schedule Updated: Sep-09-15 6:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska has added Central Michigan to its nonconference football schedule in 2020.