- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks at swim championships Updated: Aug-03-15 1:18 pm
KAZAN, Russia - The women are getting it done at the world swimming championships.
- Ledecky shocked after improving 1,500 world record in heats Updated: Aug-03-15 7:32 am
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky touched the wall, turned around, spit out some water, curled her mouth into a big smile and began waving her finger.
- Franklin, Ledecky are workhorses of US swim team at worlds Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky are the workhorses of the U.S. team at the world swimming championships.
- Deep end: Redland water polo phenom swims onto world stage Updated: Jul-30-15 12:14 pm
MIAMI - When Donna Johnson decided to raise her five children in the peaceful, pastoral splendor of the Redland, she chose a five-acre plot dotted with mango, avocado and sapodilla trees.
- US Olympic hero Jim Craig to auction memorabilia Updated: Jul-29-15 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - The American flag that goalie Jim Craig wrapped around his shoulders after the U.S. Miracle on Ice victory at the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics is on the auction block.
- If USOC finds a new city, Boston debacle could be forgotten Updated: Jul-28-15 8:45 pm
Embarrassing as the debacle in Boston may have been, chances are it will be nothing more than a distant memory when the vote for the 2024 Olympics finally rolls around.
- With tournament title secured, US sweeps China Updated: Jul-26-15 9:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - With the FIVB World Grand Prix Finals championship already secured, the United States added a three-set victory over China on Sunday to cap the tournament.
- USA Gymnastics coordinator Karolyi likely done after Rio Updated: Jul-24-15 4:15 pm
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - Martha Karolyi will likely retire after the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, the longtime U.S. women's gymnastics coach said Friday.
- Americans start looking toward Rio as Pan Am Games wind down Updated: Jul-22-15 4:29 pm
TORONTO - Alan Ashley isn't paying attention to the medal table at the Pan Am Games, but the American will be riveted to it at next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Women's baseball makes history with debut at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
TORONTO - Women's baseball made history Monday at the Pan Am Games, the first time it's been played in a large, multi-sport event.
- First week of Pan Am Games rousing success for Canada Updated: Jul-18-15 7:26 pm
TORONTO - The first week of the Pan Am Games has been a rousing success for host Canada.
- Golf stars urged to stay in Olympic Village during Rio Games Updated: Jul-18-15 7:47 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The head of the IOC is urging the world's top golfers to ditch the luxury hotels and "share the Olympic spirit" by staying in the athletes' village when the sport returns to the Olympic program in 2016.
- France relay team finally gets Olympic bronze medal Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
PARIS - Three years late, France's men got their 4x100-meter relay bronze medal from the London Olympics on Saturday, bumped up from fourth after the U.S. team was disqualified because of Tyson Gay's doping.