- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- State pays millions to bar Medicaid from Planned Parenthood Updated: Apr-24-16 1:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers passed a budget last week that spends millions in state money to block Planned Parenthood from accessing federal funding.
- Analysis: Tuition rose faster when lawmakers set prices Updated: Apr-10-16 4:57 pm
DALLAS - While a bipartisan group of Texas lawmakers says college students would get a better deal if politicians set tuition and fees, a newspaper analysis shows that costs rose faster at most public colleges and universities in the state when lawmakers set the prices.
- Texas lawmaker profits off public financing work Updated: Apr-03-16 6:35 pm
HOUSTON - For nearly three decades, a well-known Texas state senator has also worked in public financing, profiting in many cases from deals made by agencies the Legislature regulates.
- Official: paying off Texas toll roads debt would cost $38B Updated: Mar-31-16 4:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas Department of Transportation official says the state would need $38 billion to pay off debt linked to dozens of toll roads and make the highways free to drivers.