- Fire chief urges changes ahead of West anniversary Updated: Apr-14-14 5:51 pm
- Texas to weigh slot-like devices at bingo halls Updated: Apr-13-14 2:37 pm
- Experts: Texas lags in venture capital investment Updated: Apr-03-14 3:34 pm
- Miss. gov signs criminal-justice overhaul bill Updated: Mar-31-14 1:44 pm
- Senator blasts Juvenile Justice Department Updated: Mar-25-14 5:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The state fire marshal recommended Monday that 46 facilities storing ammonium nitrate in Texas be required to make structural improvements to prevent another deadly blast like the one that killed 15 people nearly a year ago in West.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Lottery Commission is set to consider this week letting bingo halls in the state use electronic devices similar to slot machines.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas is not getting its share of venture capital investment, but experts disagreed Thursday on how to remedy the problem.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant on Monday signed a bill designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
AUSTIN, Texas - A state senator called the Texas Juvenile Justice Department a broken agency on Thursday, while a separate committee considered no longer treating 17-year-olds as adults in criminal cases.