- Tea party-backed Turner not seeking Texas House re-election Updated: Jun-25-15 3:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The former NFL defensive end who led an unsuccessful tea party revolt against incumbent Texas House Speaker Joe Straus isn't seeking another term in office.
- Texas may be tea party heaven, but activists aren't happy Updated: Jun-21-15 10:53 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas can sometimes feel like tea party heaven - the land of Ted Cruz, where the Legislature is packed with hard-right devotees and the governor himself heeds fringe fears about possible federal plots to seize the state.
- Loophole sinks ethics reforms vetoed by Texas Gov. Abbott Updated: Jun-20-15 8:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott dealt a final blow Saturday to his own pledges to tighten Texas' loose ethics rules, vetoing two reform bills poisoned by a last-minute rider that would have given lawmakers cover to hide their spouses' financial dealings.
- Texas GOP tries to pluck the liberal thorn from its side Updated: Jun-11-15 3:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - For years Republicans have controlled every lever of Texas politics - every statewide office, both houses of the Legislature, the state Supreme Court. Every nexus of power, that is, but one: the capital city.
- Efforts lead to commission examining wrongful convictions Updated: Jun-06-15 3:43 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - The efforts of a group including a man cleared of sexual assault in Texas, lawmakers and the family of an inmate who was the state's first to be pardoned after death led to a new commission that will examine wrongful convictions.