- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools Updated: Dec-09-13 2:10 pm
- APNewsBreak: Texas charter-school donations rising Updated: Dec-01-13 10:35 am
- Lawmakers rip PUC over electricity market vote Updated: Nov-25-13 4:23 pm
- Brown files as Democrat for Railroad Commissioner Updated: Nov-21-13 6:43 pm
- Reuben Senterfitt, ex-Texas House speaker, dies Updated: Nov-21-13 12:05 am
- Texas lawmakers defend curriculum changes Updated: Nov-20-13 8:52 pm
- Dewhurst orders reviews following West explosion Updated: Nov-20-13 3:26 pm
- Runoff Jan. 28 for Texas House special election Updated: Nov-19-13 7:01 am
- Texas House subpoenas Hall, but then recalls it Updated: Nov-12-13 6:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Merry Christmas, bah humbug? Not in Texas.
AUSTIN, Texas - A new landmark law to boost public school alternatives in Texas followed a surge in political contributions by current and former board members and employees of the state's six-largest charter school operators, an analysis by The Associated Press has found.
AUSTIN, Texas - Leaders of the Public Utility Commission faced intense questioning Monday from skeptical and occasionally incredulous lawmakers over a decision by state energy regulators to back a plan that could restructure the Texas electricity market.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democrat Steve Brown is running as a Democrat for the Texas Railroad Commission.
BUDA, Texas - Former Texas House speaker Reuben Senterfitt, who co-authored legislation that created the world-famous M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, died Wednesday at age 96 after developing complications from pneumonia, his family said in a statement.
AUSTIN, Texas - The powerful architects of Texas' new high school curriculum overhaul made a rare joint appearance at the State Board of Education Wednesday night, imploring its members not to undermine the much-ballyhooed law by imposing requirements that most students take algebra II.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst ordered Texas senators on Wednesday to review safety regulations and emergency response procedures in the aftermath of the fertilizer plant explosion in West.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Jan. 28 runoff date has been set in the special election to replace state Rep. Mark Strama of Austin, who resigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas System has reversed course and is now asking state lawmakers to issue subpoenas for university employees while investigating possible impeachment for a system regent.