- Head-on crash kills father, toddler near Marsing Updated: Feb-05-16 11:41 pm
CANYON COUNTY, Idaho - Idaho State Police say a father and toddler died in a car crash north of Marsing.
- New Mexico REAL ID bipartisan compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Following an emotional meeting where senators revealed they were getting racist emails, a second Senate committee passed Friday a bipartisan proposal aimed at making New Mexico compliant under the federal REAL ID Act.
- Idaho's interim committees still working on suggestions Updated: Feb-05-16 6:59 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers who spent last summer dissecting some of the state's most contentious issues have yet to submit legislation, but key leaders remain hopeful that proposals will be finalized before the end of the session.
- The Latest: New Mexico REAL ID compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico lawmakers' REAL ID debate (all times local):
- Idaho panel introduces public records exemption bill Updated: Feb-05-16 2:09 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A bill that would allow public utilities to keep blueprints and other documents secret from the public has passed is first hurdle in the Idaho Legislature.
- Proposal would shift state police funds to roads, bridges Updated: Feb-04-16 7:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's state police budget would see a dramatic $16.7 million drop in funding with the goal to provide more dollars to the state's aging roads and bridges under a new bill headed to the Senate floor.
- Idaho panel backs school's 'Maniac' license-plate proposal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho lawmaker is once again seeking to create a specialized license plate depicting a hotly disputed Idaho high school mascot.
- Idaho House backs bill ending oversight of condom sales Updated: Feb-04-16 4:23 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho House unanimously approved a measure that would remove the board of pharmacy's authority to regulate condom and prophylactics sales.
- Idaho House OKs bill to block local plastic bag bans Updated: Feb-03-16 6:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Cities and counties in Idaho would need state approval to enforce plastic bag bans under a new proposal currently making its way through the Idaho Statehouse, even though no such restriction currently exist in the state.
- New bill would allow ISP to use unmarked patrol vehicles Updated: Feb-03-16 5:49 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho Senate panel has taken the first step to allow Idaho State Police officers to use unmarked patrol vehicles for traffic law enforcement.
- Idaho Senate panel listens to Medicaid expansion hearing Updated: Feb-02-16 8:39 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Legislature's first-ever hearing on expanding Medicaid eligibility attracted hundreds of supporters eager to testify in favor Tuesday, but lawmakers declined to vote on whether to send the measure forward after listening to a handful of testimonies.
- Alaska lawmaker confuses official with slain gay rights icon Updated: Feb-02-16 4:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - An Alaska state senator suffered from a case of misidentification during a committee hearing Tuesday, confusing the name of assistant attorney general with an assassinated gay rights leader.
- Idaho clears Madison County Sheriff's Office of wrongdoing Updated: Feb-02-16 2:26 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Idaho authorities have cleared the Madison County Sheriff's Office of any wrongdoing after some residents said concealed weapon permit funds were misused.
- Private sponsorships raise $70k for state parks department Updated: Feb-02-16 1:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Officials with the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation say they've used approximately $70,000 in private sponsorships to partially offset their depleted budget.
- Idaho House panel OKs community college trustee bill Updated: Feb-01-16 5:27 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho House panel has backed a proposal to require community college trustees be elected from designated zones inside community college districts.
- Idaho panel moves veto trump bill forward Updated: Feb-01-16 12:04 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho lawmaker wants to amend the state's constitution to allow the Legislature to override a governor's veto almost immediately.
- Officials request more medical school seats for Idaho Updated: Jan-27-16 2:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Regional medical school administrators are requesting more money to expand the number of seats for Idaho in a regional program that educates medical students.
- Idaho House panel introduces $22M tax cut for top earners Updated: Jan-26-16 6:11 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's top-earning individuals and businesses would get tax relief worth $22.6 million under a bill that cleared a House committee on Tuesday.
- House bill would allow public funding at religious schools Updated: Jan-26-16 5:37 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho House panel has introduced a proposal that would allow students to use public funding toward religious school tuitions.
- Some call New Mexico governor 'anti-immigrant' over ID law Updated: Jan-25-16 9:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has urged comprehensive immigration reform and asked candidates to tone down their rhetoric amid strong anti-immigration sentiment from some fellow Republicans, but she still faces accusations of pushing an "anti-immigrant" agenda.
- Idaho House panel votes to match state tax code with IRS Updated: Jan-25-16 4:57 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho House Revenue and Taxation Committee voted Monday to bring the state's tax code in line with federal rules, a move that's estimated to cost Idaho roughly $46 million over two years.
- US Supreme Court: Idaho's high court must follow precedent Updated: Jan-25-16 4:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The U.S. Supreme Court says the Idaho Supreme Court erred when it didn't follow the precedent set by an earlier Supreme Court ruling.
- Police: 1 killed after vehicle fleeing deputies hits truck Updated: Jan-25-16 11:23 am
JEROME, Idaho - Idaho State Police say a passenger in a pickup died Monday morning after the driver fled from authorities by going the wrong way on Interstate 84 and collided with a tractor-trailer.
- Idaho lawmakers adopt new rules on cottage foods Updated: Jan-24-16 11:11 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers have approved a new rule aimed at bringing more consistency to state regulations regarding cottage foods, which are produced in home kitchens and sold directly to consumers.
- Idaho horsemen say instant racing fight not over Updated: Jan-24-16 12:12 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Rows of slot-like gambling machines sit in empty betting parlors at Idaho's horse racing tracks. Employees once in charge of serving cocktails to bettors are gone, leaving hundreds of others who work in the industry fearful that they'll be laid off too.