- N. Idaho woman recounts horrors of kidnapping Updated: Dec-09-13 1:43 pm
- NJ Gov. Christie stumps for Otter in N. Idaho Updated: Dec-07-13 4:23 pm
- Investigation underway into deadly Idaho bus crash Updated: Dec-06-13 3:31 am
- Lawmakers get divided testimony on lands transfer Updated: Dec-04-13 7:39 pm
- Omega Morgan applies for MT megaload permit Updated: Dec-04-13 1:31 pm
- Boise's Balukoff announces Democratic governor run Updated: Dec-03-13 7:13 pm
- NH AG hopes rebuilt skull can ID 1969 slay victim Updated: Dec-03-13 2:54 pm
- Idaho Supreme Court: Drug cases up, DUIs down Updated: Dec-03-13 7:04 am
- GOP senator wants review of debt-for-roads program Updated: Nov-30-13 11:13 am
- Former assistant principal wins harassment appeal Updated: Nov-29-13 4:59 pm
- Justices: POST head fired after 'insubordination' Updated: Nov-29-13 2:11 pm
- Idaho woman loses appeal in cord blood drug case Updated: Nov-28-13 10:58 am
- Idaho Supreme Court: State tackles judge shortage Updated: Nov-28-13 9:27 am
- New U of I president speaks out Updated: Nov-27-13 2:41 pm
- Family friend says N. Idaho lawmaker hospitalized Updated: Nov-24-13 4:59 pm
- Megaload hauler proposes route in Oregon, Idaho Updated: Nov-21-13 6:43 pm
- Lawmakers: Idaho needs public defense commission Updated: Nov-20-13 7:59 pm
- ID Democratic senator quits to focus on family Updated: Nov-20-13 3:28 pm
- ISP makes 3 marijuana busts on Interstate 86 Updated: Nov-12-13 9:49 am
- IFalls man suspected in stabbing dies in crash Updated: Nov-11-13 2:49 pm
- Idaho lawmaker may lose concealed weapons permit Updated: Nov-10-13 1:21 pm
RATHDRUM, Idaho - Last Dec. 1, Mitchell Walck kidnapped Susan-Marie Smith and took her into North Dakota and back to Montana in a horrifying 27-hour ordeal.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter for a third term at a Republican Party campaign fundraising event in northern Idaho.
KUNA, Idaho - It could take weeks to determine what caused a rural Idaho school bus crash that killed an 11-year-old boy and injured four of his schoolmates, a law enforcement official says.
BOISE, Idaho - A proposal by Idaho lawmakers to assume control of millions of acres of federal land statewide earned mixed reviews Wednesday, with supporters calling it an essential step to revitalizing rural economies and critics panning it as a financial boondoggle.
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana Department of Transportation officials are considering an application from an Oregon company to move an oversized load of refinery equipment through the western part of the state to an oil sands project in Alberta, Canada.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho businessman and school board member Anthony Joseph "A.J." Balukoff announced Tuesday he's running as a Democrat for governor, saying he wants to focus on education, the economy and ending "one-party rule" in a state dominated for decades by Republicans.
SALEM, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office hopes photographs of the reconstructed face of a 1969 slaying victim will help identify the man.
BOISE, Idaho - A new report from the Idaho Supreme Court shows drug cases were on the rise last year but the number of drunken driving cases has dropped.
BOISE, Idaho - With Idaho lawmakers unlikely to tackle significant transportation funding in 2014, one senator plans to ask legislative auditors to scrutinize the $840 million "Connecting Idaho" highway building program to help determine if it should be extended - or put on ice.
BOISE, Idaho - A former assistant principal at a Meridian high school has won an appeal to the Idaho Supreme Court in a lawsuit contending he was sexually harassed at work.
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court ruled unanimously Wednesday against a former director of the state police academy who was challenging his firing, saying his case was one of "classic insubordination" that wasn't entitled to protections under the state's Whistleblower Act.
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of an Idaho woman who was charged with drug possession after blood from her newborn child's umbilical cord tested positive for methadone.
BOISE, Idaho - An annual report recently released by the Idaho Supreme Court shows that the state still struggles to recruit and retain District Court judges, a problem Chief Justice Roger Burdick says is directly related to low salaries.
BOISE, Idaho - Chuck Staben, the provost at the University of South Dakota, will take over at the University of Idaho in March. He had a wide-ranging discussion with the Statesman on Tuesday on everything from the Vandals' football team to the pressures that students face.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A family friend says Republican State Sen. Bob Nonini of Coeur d'Alene has been hospitalized.
BOISE, Idaho - A trucking company hired by a subsidiary of General Electric Co. to ship massive oil refinery equipment to the tar sands project in western Canada hopes to begin moving the oversized loads along highways in eastern Oregon and southern Idaho, officials in both states say.
BOISE, Idaho - Members of a legislative committee charged with fixing Idaho's public defense system say they are leaning toward creating a state commission to figure out some of the nuts and bolts of public defender contracts, training needs and oversight.
BOISE, Idaho - Democratic State Sen. Branden Durst is quitting the Idaho Legislature months after he began spending much of his time in Washington state.
AMERICAN FALLS, Idaho - The Idaho State Police made three major drug busts on Interstate 86 near American Falls in southern Idaho over the weekend that led to five arrests, the seizure of over 65 pounds of marijuana and just over $9,000 in cash.
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho Falls man suspected in a weekend stabbing has died in a car crash on U.S. Highway 26 near Ririe.
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho legislator may lose his permit to carry a concealed weapon because a sheriff says the Republican's application failed to disclose a 1974 guilty plea tied to a Florida rape case.