- In Saudi visit, Obama works to calm Gulf tensions with US Updated: Apr-21-16 3:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - President Barack Obama strained to ease tensions with Persian Gulf allies Thursday, pledging U.S. help in confronting Iran and other security threats. Yet he failed to win the commitments he sought to boost economic aid to Iraq.
- Republican senators concerned over colleague's Sept. 11 bill Updated: Apr-21-16 12:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Key Senate Republicans are divided over a GOP colleague's bill that would allow families of Sept. 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia.
- The Latest: White House touts security agreements in Gulf Updated: Apr-21-16 10:57 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The Latest on President Barack Obama's meeting with top officials from six Arab nations in Saudi Arabia. (all times local):
- Obama pushes Saudis, Gulf allies to step up Iraq aid Updated: Apr-20-16 3:31 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - With fresh friction wearing on an old alliance, President Barack Obama pressed Saudi Arabia and Persian Gulf nations on Wednesday to step up efforts to defeat the Islamic State group and help rebuild war-torn Iraq.
- Islamic group condemns Israeli premier's remarks on Golan Updated: Apr-20-16 10:10 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The Organization of Islamic Cooperation has condemned comments by Israel's prime minister that the Golan Heights "will forever remain in Israeli hands."
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- Saudi confirms 'genuine' $681M donation to Malaysian PM Updated: Apr-15-16 8:17 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Saudi Arabia has for the first time publicly confirmed Malaysia's claim that $681 million in Prime Minister Najib Razak's bank accounts was a donation from the Saudi royal family, countering accusations that the money was siphoned from heavily indebted state investment fund 1MDB.
- Oil price drop could mean fewer Saudis at Wichita State Updated: Apr-12-16 4:16 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A sharp drop in oil prices could mean fewer students from Saudi Arabia will be attending Wichita State University, which would mean a loss of millions of dollars in revenue, university officials said.
- Israel: Saudi guarantees freedom of passage in Tiran Straits Updated: Apr-12-16 11:22 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's defense minister says Saudi Arabia has given Israel written assurances the kingdom will guarantee Israel freedom of passage in the Tiran Straits.
- Islamic State says it is behind killing of Saudi policeman Updated: Apr-05-16 12:18 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi affiliate of the Islamic State group said Tuesday it was behind the assassination of a police colonel who was shot dead outside the capital, Riyadh, in the second attack by the group in recent days.