- Saudi offer to send troops to Syria comes with uncertainty Updated: Feb-08-16 3:22 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's offer to send troops to fight Islamic State in Syria is as much about the kingdom's growing determination to flex its military might as it is about answering U.S. calls for more help from its allies in the Middle East.
- Saudi official says kingdom ready to send troops to Syria Updated: Feb-04-16 2:34 pm
CAIRO - A Saudi military spokesman said Thursday the kingdom is ready to send ground troops to Syria to fight Islamic State group provided coalition leaders agree during an upcoming meeting in Brussels.
- Saudi government website shows 9 US nationals arrested Updated: Feb-01-16 3:18 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Nine Americans are currently imprisoned in Saudi jails, with eight detained in the past three months, according to a website belonging to Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry.
- Dozens killed in Yemen airstrikes by Saudi-led coalition Updated: Jan-22-16 1:33 pm
SANAA, Yemen - The Saudi-led military coalition carried out a series of airstrikes across Yemen Friday, killing dozens and striking an ambulance for a hospital supported by the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders, according Yemeni officials, rebel media and a statement by the charity.
- Chinese president arrives in Saudi Arabia on Mideast tour Updated: Jan-19-16 3:02 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Chinese President Xi Jinping has arrived in Saudi Arabia for a two-day visit as part of a Middle East tour that will include stops in Egypt and Iran.
- Pakistan offers to host Saudi-Iran reconciliation talks Updated: Jan-19-16 2:38 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's prime minister offered Tuesday to host talks between Iran and Saudi Arabia aimed at resolving disputes between the Middle Eastern rivals.
- Foreign secretary: UK helping Saudi-led Yemen campaign Updated: Jan-12-16 9:41 am
LONDON - British troops are helping identify targets for a Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen and haven't found any "deliberate" breaches of humanitarian law, Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said Tuesday.