- Sunderland hits Chelsea's title hopes with 2-1 win Updated: Apr-19-14 3:35 pm
- Villa draws 0-0 with Southampton in Premier League Updated: Apr-19-14 12:06 pm
- Cardiff beats Southampton 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-12-14 12:14 pm
- 5 England players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 am
- Even before WCup, England geared up for failure Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 am
- Rodriguez out for 6 months with ligament tear Updated: Apr-07-14 1:51 pm
- Man City beats Southampton 4-1 in Premier League Updated: Apr-05-14 10:38 am
- Southampton beats Newcastle 4-0 in Premier League Updated: Mar-29-14 1:08 pm
- Sigurdsson gives Spurs 3-2 win over Southampton Updated: Mar-23-14 3:03 pm
LONDON - In another twist to this unpredictable English Premier League season, bottom side Sunderland damaged Chelsea's title hopes with a shock 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa ended a difficult week by earning a valuable point with a 0-0 draw against Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday to end a four-game losing streak.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Juan Cala boosted Cardiff's hopes of staying in the Premier League by scoring in the second half to give his team a 1-0 win over Southampton.
LONDON - Going into the 2012 European Championship with England, Roy Hodgson had only a few weeks from being appointed to taking a squad to the tournament.
LONDON - Never before has England traveled to a World Cup better prepared - for the post-tournament inquest.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Southampton forward Jay Rodriguez has been ruled out for up to six months with a ruptured knee ligament, ending his chances of making England's World Cup squad.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City kept the destiny of the Premier League title in its hands by beating Southampton 4-1 on Saturday, with the visitors' defeat further marred by a serious-looking injury to England striker Jay Rodriguez.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Jay Rodriguez scored twice Saturday as Southampton routed Newcastle 4-0 in the Premier League in a match between two midtable teams with little to play for.
LONDON - Gylfi Sigurdsson drove in a stoppage-time goal to complete Tottenham's fight back from two goals down to beat Southampton 3-2 in the Premier League on Sunday and stay in touch with the Champions League places.