- Eisnaugle wins GOP primary for Florida House seat Updated: Mar-11-14 8:26 pm
- Fla. Legislature poised to fix sex predator laws Updated: Mar-11-14 4:34 pm
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Mar-11-14 3:43 pm
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation Updated: Mar-09-14 5:07 pm
- Bill would give nurse practitioners more authority Updated: Mar-06-14 8:50 pm
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers Updated: Mar-06-14 8:04 pm
- Supreme Court gets case on juvenile life sentences Updated: Mar-06-14 6:51 pm
- Fla. high court: Immigrant can't get law license Updated: Mar-06-14 1:56 pm
- Supreme Court says immigrant can't get law license Updated: Mar-06-14 12:03 pm
- DCF promotes suicide prevention education Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 am
- Fla. GOP senator pushes for Medicaid expansion Updated: Mar-05-14 6:29 pm
- Bill to extend carry and conceal privileges moves Updated: Mar-05-14 5:29 pm
- Fla. Senate panel OKs juvenile sentencing bill Updated: Mar-05-14 4:19 pm
- Bill to OK medical use of low-THC pot wins support Updated: Mar-05-14 4:02 pm
- Body of missing Fla. corrections worker found Updated: Mar-05-14 11:59 am
- Fla. bill addresses low nursing school test scores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:14 am
- Fla. House passes tuition break for veterans Updated: Mar-04-14 7:17 pm
- Amid protests, Florida legislators start session Updated: Mar-04-14 6:25 pm
- Fla. Gov. Scott to give State of the State speech Updated: Mar-04-14 3:08 am
- Fla. House gambling bill would not allow casinos Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 pm
- Fla. lawmakers to kick off session Updated: Mar-03-14 7:19 pm
- Court skeptical of IQ scores in deciding execution Updated: Mar-03-14 3:13 pm
- Gun legislation back in the forefront for session Updated: Mar-02-14 11:25 am
- Fla. considers best way to implement ed reforms Updated: Mar-01-14 11:56 am
- Fla. students drinking less soda, watching less TV Updated: Mar-01-14 11:01 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Eric Eisnaugle has won the Republican special primary to replace a Florida House Republican who left office to lead an expressway authority.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Legislature is poised to pass a package of bills that will lock up child rapists longer and close loopholes that allow the most dangerous sexual predators to avoid civil commitment after they're punished for their crimes.
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a family vacation in southern Florida.
MIAMI - With a massive shortage of primary care physicians across Florida, state lawmakers are pushing a bill to expand the powers of nurse practitioners, allowing them to prescribe controlled substances like painkillers and work without supervision from a doctor.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida program that helps low-income children attend private schools, many of them religious, could undergo a substantial expansion under a bill that moved ahead Thursday in the state Legislature.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The lawyer for a woman who helped commit a murder when she was 15 told the Florida Supreme Court she deserves a new sentencing hearing because of a federal ban on mandatory life-without-parole sentences for juveniles.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court has ruled that immigrants in the country illegally can't be given a license to practice law.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court says the Florida Bar can't admit immigrants who are in the country illegally.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - State agencies across Florida are working together to decrease the number of suicides.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Medicaid expansion seems like a dead issue this Legislative session in Florida, but many lawmakers aren't giving up.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida House committee has approved a bill that would extend carry-and-conceal privileges to all Florida gun owners when a state of emergency is declared, regardless of whether or not they have been issued a permit.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida would establish new sentencing guidelines for juveniles who are tried as adults and convicted of serious felonies, under legislation approved Wednesday by a state Senate committee.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Peyton and Holley Moseley are torn between desperately wanting to help control their adopted daughter RayAnn's seizures and risking losing her if they do.
TITUSVILLE, Florida - The body of a missing corrections officer was found near a motel where he was last seen.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Plummeting test scores among Florida nursing school graduates has prompted some legislators to propose a bill that would tighten the qualifications for nursing programs.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Saying it could help the state's economy in the long run, the Florida House on Monday unanimously passed a "Florida GI" bill aimed at helping veterans living in the state.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators opened their annual 60-day session on Tuesday with legislative leaders vowing to cut taxes, expand the use of private school vouchers and make changes to the state's pension system.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott will give his last State of the State speech before asking voters to give him a second term in November.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A bid to bring major casinos to South Florida was dealt a significant setback under a sweeping gambling proposal rolled out late Monday by the Republican-controlled Florida House.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators return to the state Capitol on Tuesday for a 60-day session that will likely focus on tax cuts, spending and school vouchers, but avoid many of the contentious issues that sparked partisan rancor and fierce debate in the last few years.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court indicated Monday that states should look beyond an intelligence test score in borderline cases of mental disability to determine whether a death row inmate is eligible to be executed.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's gun-friendly nature will be scrutinized during the 2014 legislative session as bills that would modify the state's "stand your ground" law and another allowing warning shots will be considered, a marked contrast from the 2013 session in which no major gun legislation was passed.
MIAMI - Sweeping changes the Florida Legislature has made to education in recent years are likely to come to the forefront again during the upcoming session as lawmakers grapple with their implementation.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida high schoolers are getting healthier.