- United make F Eddie Johnson a designated player Updated: Mar-06-14 5:23 pm
- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- Mexico, Nigeria play to 0-0 tie in Atlanta Updated: Mar-06-14 12:32 am
- Neymar hat trick, Ronaldo record in WCup warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 12:29 am
- Chris Wondolowski works to make US World Cup team Updated: Mar-04-14 6:20 pm
- Stuart Holden to head to US for knee examination Updated: Mar-04-14 12:46 pm
- Another soccer event coming to St. Louis Updated: Feb-28-14 3:20 pm
- Recovering Holden set for first match since July Updated: Feb-28-14 2:09 pm
- Austria's Hosiner bypassed for Uruguay game Updated: Feb-25-14 7:44 am
- FIFA: 2.3 million World Cup tickets allocated Updated: Feb-21-14 3:17 pm
- Portugal-Ireland warmup for WCup in US in June Updated: Feb-14-14 11:44 am
- Portugal, Ireland to play World Cup tuneup in NJ Updated: Feb-14-14 11:38 am
- Mexico to play Bosnia, Portugal before World Cup Updated: Feb-14-14 10:51 am
- Mexico to play Bosnia, Portugal before World Cup Updated: Feb-14-14 9:59 am
- US soccer to host Mexico in exhibition on April 2 Updated: Feb-13-14 4:49 pm
- Evans, Yedlin get valuable national team time Updated: Feb-12-14 4:20 pm
- Americans impressed with Brazil's World Cup setup Updated: Feb-11-14 6:39 pm
- Norway's curlers funkier than ever in Sochi Updated: Feb-08-14 7:58 am
WASHINGTON - D.C. United extended the contract of U.S. national team forward Eddie Johnson and declared him a designated player under MLS rules.
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
ATLANTA - Raul Jimenez's late header for Mexico went just wide in a 0-0 tie with Nigeria on Wednesday night in an exhibition game at the Georgia Dome.
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
SAN JOSE, California - For years, Chris Wondolowski waited for this chance. He kept pushing through training as he was passed over to play for his country, hoping the opportunity would eventually come.
American midfielder Stuart Holden will go back to the United States to have his right knee examined after experiencing discomfort in his first match since his latest leg injury last summer.
ST. LOUIS - Another big soccer event is coming to St. Louis.
American midfielder Stuart Holden is set to play his first match since being sidelined by another major knee injury last year.
VIENNA - Austria striker Philipp Hosiner has been left out of the national team for next week's friendly against World Cup competitor Uruguay.
FLORIANOPOLIS, Brazil - FIFA said Friday it has allocated 2.3 million tickets for the World Cup, with Brazilians and Americans receiving most of them.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Portugal will prepare for the World Cup with two friendlies in the United States, against Mexico at Foxborough, Massachusetts, on June 6 and Ireland in New Jersey four days later.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Portugal will prepare for its World Cup matchup against the United States by playing Ireland in an exhibition game at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium on June 10.
NEW YORK - Mexico will play Bosnia-Herzegovina in Chicago on June 3 and three days later face Portugal in Foxborough, Massachusetts, in its final friendlies before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
NEW YORK - Mexico will play Bosnia-Herzegovina at Chicago's Soldier Field on June 3 and three days later face Portugal at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, in its final exhibition game before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
CHICAGO - The U.S. soccer team will host Mexico in an exhibition game April 2 at Glendale, Arizona, as both nations prepare for the World Cup.
RENTON, Washington - Now that he's back with the Seattle Sounders, Brad Evans knows it will be tough to keep his mind off the opportunity that may lie ahead this summer with the U.S. team at the World Cup.
SAN JOSE, California - Back with the San Jose Earthquakes after their nearly monthlong stint on the U.S. national team and training in Sao Paulo, Clarence Goodson and Chris Wondolowski believe Brazil will be ready for the World Cup stage come June.
SOCHI, Russia - Flat cap. Soccer socks. Knickers.