- Americans' new defense will be in attack mode when possible Updated: May-23-15 2:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - Meghan Klingenberg figured she could go above and beyond to further build team camaraderie, and it involved a box of beautiful gourmet doughnuts for her teammates before a recent World Cup tuneup.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- Jozy Altidore sidelined 4-to-5 weeks with hamstring injury Updated: May-19-15 4:58 pm
TORONTO - Toronto says Jozy Altidore will be sidelined for four-to-five weeks because of a strained right hamstring, an injury that will cause the forward to miss the U.S. national team's exhibition games at the Netherlands and Germany next month.
- Arsenal's Gedion Zelalem plays 1st game with US Under-20s Updated: May-19-15 12:18 pm
Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem made his debut for the U.S. national team program, entering in the 59th minute of the Under-20 team's 2-1 exhibition win at Australia on Tuesday.
- FIFA sets date for 2026 World Cup hosting bid rules Updated: May-19-15 10:51 am
GENEVA - A 2026 World Cup hosting contest which could include the United States and exclude Europe will take shape next week when FIFA agrees on campaign rules.
- Leroux and Wambach each score twice, US beats Mexico 5-1 Updated: May-18-15 1:24 am
CARSON, California - Sydney Leroux realized what she'd been missing.
- Blatter to visit US in 2016, rejects talk of avoiding FBI Updated: May-15-15 2:32 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter says he has no fear of setting foot in the United States - no matter what the FBI might be doing.
- Blatter wants new rule helping US bid for 2026 World Cup Updated: May-15-15 10:30 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter wants to implement a rule that would prevent Europe from bidding for the 2026 World Cup, improving the chances of the United States to host the tournament.
- Soccer could be one of main attractions at 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: May-15-15 2:35 am
SAO PAULO - Soccer may finally get its turn to shine at the Olympics.
- Soccer's Alex Morgan soars in whirlwind between World Cups Updated: May-14-15 9:44 am
Alex Morgan was a bright-eyed Cal grad for her first World Cup back in 2011 and instantly became a star. Now she's a savvy vet, handling her fame with aplomb as she prepares for her World Cup sequel.
- Arsenal's Zelalem cleared by FIFA to play for US Updated: May-13-15 6:21 pm
CHICAGO - Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem has been cleared by FIFA to play for the United States and has been added to the roster for the Under-20 World Cup next month.
- FIFA says free offers for grass weren't consistent Updated: May-12-15 3:45 pm
Soccer's international governing body says it rejected informal offers it received to lay down real grass for the Women's World Cup in part because the proposals didn't include the practice fields.
- Keeper Hudson included in Aussie squad for her 4th World Cup Updated: May-11-15 11:17 pm
SYDNEY - Melissa Hudson has been recalled to Australia's squad to make a fourth trip to the women's World Cup, which kicks off next month in Canada.
- Wambach scores twice in 3-0 US win over Ireland Updated: May-10-15 6:33 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Judy Wambach got a special Mother's Day gift.
- Wambach: FIFA turned down grass offer for Women's World Cup Updated: May-09-15 6:50 pm
SAN JOSE, California - U.S. women's national team forward Abby Wambach says soccer's international governing body rejected a free offer to put grass fields down for the upcoming Women's World Cup in Canada.
- ESPN's Monica Gonzalez added to Fox's Women's WCup coverage Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Mexican national team captain Monica Gonzalez will be part of Fox's studio coverage for this year's Women's World Cup.
- Garber: MLS wants top Americans despite Klinsmann's view Updated: Apr-24-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber says the league will keep on pursuing the top American players, even if U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann thinks they will improve more with European clubs.