- Calif inmate death in Oklahoma under investigation Updated: Apr-19-14 1:25 pm
- Student struggles to recount fatal truck-bus crash Updated: Apr-18-14 4:14 am
- California rail line fined for worker deaths Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 pm
- Lawsuit filed to stop Jamul casino Updated: Apr-17-14 2:34 pm
- Corrections to pay $50,000 in sex harassment suit Updated: Apr-16-14 8:37 pm
- Governor calls special session on rainy-day fund Updated: Apr-16-14 6:45 pm
- Challengers show ability to compete for dollars Updated: Apr-16-14 6:30 pm
- High-speed rail allowed to seize parcels if needed Updated: Apr-11-14 6:29 pm
- Bill would make pharmacy syringe sales permanent Updated: Apr-10-14 4:41 pm
- False expert testimony could trigger a new trial Updated: Apr-10-14 4:08 pm
- California bill that would end orca shows stalls Updated: Apr-08-14 7:55 pm
- Potential evidence against lawmaker remains sealed Updated: Apr-08-14 5:19 pm
- California Senate erases websites of 3 lawmakers Updated: Apr-07-14 8:14 pm
- Veterans' sentencing bill passes Assembly Updated: Apr-07-14 5:32 pm
- California attorney general engaged to be married Updated: Apr-07-14 2:50 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- AG candidate: death penalty for corrupt lawmakers Updated: Apr-04-14 8:08 pm
- Assembly Democrats denounce government outsourcing Updated: Apr-03-14 9:34 pm
- Man gets 400 years for firing on CHP officers Updated: Apr-03-14 7:46 pm
- Drought bill targets homeowner association rules Updated: Apr-03-14 4:29 pm
- CHP plane helps in arrest of Oakland motorcyclist Updated: Apr-03-14 8:28 am
- California snowpack survey forebodes tough summer Updated: Apr-01-14 9:21 pm
- Senate Democrats cancel San Diego golf fundraiser Updated: Apr-01-14 7:49 pm
- Court: Private email exempt from open records law Updated: Apr-01-14 7:36 pm
- Aggressive mountain lion shot in Orange County Updated: Apr-01-14 4:50 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Authorities are investigating the death of a California state prison inmate locked up in Oklahoma.
ORLAND, California - Most of the 911 calls from witnesses to last week's fiery truck-bus collision that killed 10 were matter of fact. Then there was the one from a passenger: With shrieks in the background, the student struggled to recount how a truck came roaring toward them.
SAN FRANCISCO - Workplace safety officials fined a San Francisco Bay Area commuter rail line $210,000 on Thursday over the deaths of two track workers who were killed by a train the officials said was operated by an inexperienced driver with inadequate supervision.
SAN DIEGO - Two members of a San Diego County Native American tribe have filed suit to stop a planned $360 million casino, saying the bodies of deceased relatives were illegally exhumed at the site.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has agreed to pay $50,000 to settle a sexual harassment complaint filed on behalf of a cook at a youth facility.
SACRAMENTO, California - Saying the state's budget surplus should be used to pay down debt, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday called a special session of the Legislature to make changes to a rainy-day fund measure on the November ballot.
WASHINGTON - Some of the challengers in California's most competitive congressional races are showing strong fundraising for the first three months of the year, reinforcing how much an independent redistricting process has changed the political landscape and turned a handful of congressional seats into battlegrounds between the two parties.
SACRAMENTO, California - A state board says the agency overseeing California's high-speed rail project can acquire four parcels in Fresno County through eminent domain if necessary.
SACRAMENTO, California - The Assembly voted Thursday to make permanent a program that allows pharmacies to sell syringes to drug users as a way to prevent diseases spread by needle-sharing.
SACRAMENTO, California - False or outdated testimony from an expert witness could be enough to overturn a conviction and trigger a new trial, under a bill approved by the state Senate on Thursday that counters a ruling by the California Supreme Court.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California bill that sought to end killer whale shows at SeaWorld in San Diego and phase out their captivity was put on hold Tuesday, dousing an escalating fight between animal activists and supporters of the major tourist attraction.
LOS ANGELES - Grand jury testimony and other potential evidence against indicted California state Sen. Ronald Calderon should not be handed over to his attorney at this time, a federal judge said Tuesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate has erased the names and online archives of three suspended lawmakers entangled in criminal cases.
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill moving through the state Legislature would urge judges to grant probation and give shorter prison terms to defendants who have mental health problems stemming from their military service.
SACRAMENTO, California - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is engaged to marry an attorney from Los Angeles after a yearlong courtship.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Republican candidate for California attorney general said Friday that state lawmakers who are found guilty of crimes that endanger the lives of others should face the death penalty.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Democratic resolution denouncing the outsourcing of government functions to private contractors passed the Assembly on Thursday after prompting a spirited partisan debate about the role of government.
OAKLAND, California - A man who hoped to start a violent revolution in 2010 was sentenced to more than 400 years in prison for opening fire on California Highway Patrol officers.
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill moving through the Legislature protects people in homeowner associations from retribution if they take steps to reduce water use for landscaping.
OAKLAND, California - A motorcyclist doing wheelies and other stunts at high speeds on a Bay Area freeway was arrested after a California Highway Patrol airplane caught him on video.
FRESNO, California - The Sierra snowpack in drought-stricken California measured at 32 percent of normal Tuesday at a time of year when it's supposed to be at its peak, the state's Department of Water Resources announced.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Tuesday canceled a high-profile golfing fundraiser in the wake of criminal proceedings against three state senators.
SAN JOSE, California - A California appeals court has ruled that private text messages, emails and other electronic communications sent and received by public officials on their own devices are not public records regardless of the topic.
LAKE FOREST, California - Wildlife officials say a mountain lion had to be shot and killed after stalking a family on an Orange County wilderness trail.