- France hopes to retain title with Tony Parker back in team Updated: Sep-03-15 4:46 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Tony Parker is back and France will be looking to retain the title at the European Basketball Championship that starts over the weekend in four cities across the continent.
- Cavaliers make J.R. Smith signing official Updated: Sep-02-15 9:32 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers made the re-signing of guard J.R. Smith official.
- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Hawks to retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season Updated: Sep-01-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season, about two months after he is enshrined into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public Updated: Aug-31-15 9:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena Updated: Aug-31-15 8:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- Gordon, Zeller return home as part of Pacers' preseason Updated: Aug-27-15 5:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The return of two former Indiana Mr. Basketball winners highlights the Indiana Pacers' seven-game preseason schedule.
- Ex-NBA star Darryl Dawkins, aka 'Chocolate Thunder' has died Updated: Aug-27-15 4:49 pm
Darryl Dawkins, whose board-shattering dunks earned him the moniker "Chocolate Thunder" and helped pave the way for breakaway rims, has died. He was 58.
- Philadelphia 76ers owner donates $3.5M to local nonprofit Updated: Aug-27-15 2:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The owner of the Philadelphia 76ers has pledged a $3.5 million donation to the Philadelphia Police Athletic League - the largest amount ever recorded by the nonprofit youth group.
- Former Kentucky standout Lou Tsioropoulos dies at 84 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Pacers, St. Vincent join forces on new training facility Updated: Aug-26-15 5:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers and St. Vincent, a local health provider, have released more details plans for a $50 million training facility in downtown Indianapolis.
- Clifford: Hornets play better, win more with Kidd-Gilchrist Updated: Aug-26-15 4:42 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte coach Steve Clifford can rattle off a dozen reasons why the Hornets gave small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist a big contract extension.
- Cleveland State to play some games in Cavaliers' arena Updated: Aug-26-15 12:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland State has partnered with Quicken Loans Arena and will have its basketball teams play some home games on the Cavaliers' court next season.
- Stoudemire hoping Heat get to see his All-Star form Updated: Aug-24-15 7:20 pm
MIAMI - Amare Stoudemire spent some time with Dwyane Wade in New York this summer, sipping wine at a trendy hotspot and talking basketball.
- City board backs deal for $50M Pacers practice center Updated: Aug-24-15 5:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A city board voted Monday to support a proposal from the Indiana Pacers for construction of a new $50 million practice facility in downtown Indianapolis.
- Sioux Falls Skyforce to keep affiliation with Miami Heat Updated: Aug-24-15 1:15 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The NBA's Miami Heat has extended the team's partnership with the NBA Development League's Sioux Falls Skyforce through the 2016-17 season.
- Bucks spent most lobbying Wisconsin lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena.
- Bucks spent most on lobbying state lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena, a report released Friday showed.
- Former Atlanta Hawks player to be honored next month Updated: Aug-21-15 5:06 am
ATLANTA - Former Atlanta Hawks player Dikembe Mutombo will be honored for his humanitarian work and basketball achievements next month.
- Raptors sign 7-foot Jonas Valanciunas to $64M extension Updated: Aug-20-15 6:15 pm
Jonas Valanciunas has been the big man in the middle of the Toronto Raptors' rise for the last three seasons.
- 76ers center Embiid to miss season following foot surgery Updated: Aug-19-15 5:03 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Joel Embiid will have to wait at least one more season to start his NBA career.
- Veteran wing player Jason Richardson signs with Hawks Updated: Aug-18-15 9:41 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks have signed guard-forward Jason Richardson.
- Chicago Bulls hire Toni Kukoc in advisory role Updated: Aug-17-15 1:30 pm
CHICAGO - Toni Kukoc has been hired by the Chicago Bulls as a special adviser to the team president.
- Los Angeles Lakers sign F Jonathan Holmes to multiyear deal Updated: Aug-13-15 2:41 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Undrafted rookie forward Jonathan Holmes has agreed to a multiyear deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.