- Cavs' Irving misses shootaround, questionable for Game 2 Updated: May-22-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving skipped the morning shootaround Friday before Game 2 of the Eastern Conference final to get further evaluation on his ailing left knee.
- Isiah Thomas doesn't reject idea of eventual return to NBA Updated: May-22-15 2:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas said he hasn't spoken with New York Knicks President Phil Jackson since joining the Liberty as a consultant in February.
- Hawks Coach: Carroll's status vs. Cavs a game-time decision Updated: May-22-15 12:23 pm
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Celtics owner Pagliuca takes over Boston's 2024 Olympic bid Updated: May-21-15 10:30 pm
BOSTON - The group leading the bid to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston shook up its management Thursday, making Boston Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca the new chairman in an attempt to revive the city's chances of hosting the Summer Games.
- Hawks' Carroll avoids serious injury, listed as questionable Updated: May-21-15 7:41 pm
ATLANTA - An MRI on DeMarre Carroll's left knee showed no structural damage, and he hopes to play for Atlanta in Friday night's Game 2 against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals, Carroll's agent said Thursday.
- Banged-up Cavaliers, Hawks adjust for Friday's Game 2 Updated: May-21-15 5:30 pm
- Carroll hurts left knee as Hawks fall to Cavaliers, 97-89 Updated: May-21-15 12:56 am
ATLANTA - The Hawks have been here before in this postseason, down 1-0 after losing the opening game of a series at home.
- Bucks sticking to long-term plan with draft approaching Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks plan to stick with a slow and steady approach to constructing a consistently successful team.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Best shot: J.R. Smith making most of fresh start with Cavs Updated: May-20-15 2:37 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - J.R. Smith barely has as an inch of skin not covered by tattoos, offering a colorful timeline of the enigmatic Cleveland shooting guard's life.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Cavs' Irving has "light" workout before Game 1 Updated: May-19-15 2:58 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers All-Star guard Kyrie Irving had a "light, but good" practice a day before Cleveland opens the Eastern Conference finals in Atlanta.
- Former NBA player Julius Hodge joins Buffalo staff Updated: May-18-15 7:20 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From NBA first-round draft pick to playing in Vietnam and many points in between, Julius Hodge is prepared to start his post-professional basketball career at the University at Buffalo.
- Hawks' 2-headed point guard a big key to playoff success Updated: May-18-15 7:08 pm
ATLANTA - Jeff Teague leads the Atlanta offense.
- John Wall's Wizards wind up in same place, see differences Updated: May-18-15 5:13 pm
- Wizards PG John Wall says his left hand won't need surgery Updated: May-18-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Wizards All-Star point guard John Wall says he does not need surgery for the fractures in his left hand and wrist that kept him out of three playoff games.
- Party time: Hawks' streak, LeBron has Atlanta fans buzzing Updated: May-18-15 2:23 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta fans love a big winner, and they love big stars.
- Cavs' Irving sits out practice, status for Game 1 uncertain Updated: May-16-15 10:35 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James should have had a stethoscope hanging around his neck as he reeled off the latest medical updates on him and his teammates.
- Pierce's shot too late, Hawks hold on to beat Wizards 94-91 Updated: May-15-15 11:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Kyle Korver was the Atlanta Hawks' closest defender as Paul Pierce shimmied to his left and launched a 3-point try, hoping to extend the Washington Wizards' season by forcing overtime in Game 6 of the teams' second-round series.
- Cavaliers push through injuries on path to Eastern finals Updated: May-15-15 10:14 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James sat in his usual middle seat at the postgame podium talking about another playoff win, one moving him closer to another NBA championship.
- With Bulls' season over, Thibodeau watch begins Updated: May-15-15 7:09 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bulls' season ended. And the Tom Thibodeau watch began.
- James struggles, Cavaliers still advance past Bulls 94-73 Updated: May-15-15 12:14 am
CHICAGO - No dominant performance by LeBron James. Not much from Kyrie Irving, either.
- Gasol in lineup for Bulls in Game 6 of semis Updated: May-14-15 7:51 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Bulls forward Pau Gasol is in the lineup for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night.
- Top-seeded Warriors, Hawks try to close out series, advance Updated: May-14-15 5:57 pm