- Illinois' Vaughn not on injured list for Northwestern Updated: Nov-27-15 11:51 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn is not listed as injured for Saturday's game against Northwestern but the Illini may be without starting center Joe Spencer.
- Illinois athletic director wants Cubit decision by Sunday Updated: Nov-25-15 8:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Interim Illinois athletic director Paul Kowalczyk says that ideally a decision will be made by Sunday about whether interim football Bill Cubit gets the job permanently.
- Illini fall short against Minnesota 32-23 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A promising recovery from a controversial start has sputtered down the stretch for Illinois.
- Minnesota outlasts Illinois 32-23 to stay in bowl hunt Updated: Nov-21-15 5:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's injury-ravaged roster has forced several true freshmen into earlier-than-expected contributing roles.
- Coprich, Illinois state runs over South Dakota 46-0 Updated: Nov-21-15 4:46 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - Marshaun Coprich and Tre Roberson looked like kids playing in a snowstorm Saturday while leading Illinois State to a 46-0 win over South Dakota.
- No. 2 Ohio State runs past Illinois 28-3 Updated: Nov-14-15 10:33 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - J.T. Barrett was back from his one-game suspension, and some of his best plays turned out to be handoffs to Ezekiel Elliott.
- College Football Today Updated: Nov-14-15 10:14 pm
- Illini loses to Elliott, No. 2 Ohio State 28-3 Updated: Nov-14-15 9:26 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois stayed closed to No. 2 Ohio State for almost an entire half. And then Ezekiel Elliott took over.
- Illinois suspends linebacker over criminal investigation Updated: Nov-11-15 9:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois football coach Bill Cubit indefinitely suspended freshman linebacker Julian Jones on Wednesday pending the outcome of a criminal investigation in Georgia.
- Struggles with inconsistency, effort plague Purdue Updated: Nov-10-15 6:13 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - For Purdue, it has been a roller coaster season.
- Illinois fires athletic director after athlete allegations Updated: Nov-09-15 6:31 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois fired athletic director Mike Thomas on Monday, saying he had done nothing wrong but a change was needed after the department was plunged into crisis when football and women's basketball players said had been mistreated by their coaches.
- Illinois snaps losing skid 48-14 over Purdue Updated: Nov-07-15 5:23 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Illinois entered Saturday's game at Purdue ranked last in the Big Ten in rushing, averaging 114.6 yards in all games and only 67.2 yards during its first four conference games.
- Hackenberg leads Penn State over Illinois 39-0 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:45 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Christian Hackenberg caught four passes all week in preparation to catch just one on Saturday. Maybe.